Z06 aint that fast

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
torchred99 said:
The truth hurts.......a mach 1 with alot of mods :rolling:

You think? Hmmm, I will race a C5 with the mods listed below. That isn't too much is it?

Or better yet, let me finish the car (DRs, X-pipe, CAI, PHP spacer and tune for the A/F ratio) and I will be at a stock Z06s hip, if not better. Granted I am not stock, but then again, I know a Z06 is faster out of the box and you said alot of mods. I don't consider my list ALOT by any means. If you do, then you should see other mach owners lists.

VettTheRipper

Big Honkin' Diesel
Established Member
I don't think this story is all that unbelievable. Gears make a huge difference provided you have the rubber to handle them. The only way I'd say BS is if he has gears on factory rubber. The Z06 is very beatable in tests of straight line accelleration with the right car/driver.

Gears can have an interesting effect. I know of a Z06 with 3.90's that ran 11.5's @ 121. The car was completely stock except for the gears. 410's however, is too much gear on most cars.

I do call BS on the title of this thread. If the Z "ain't that fast"...the Mach 1 must be slower than "ain't that fast".

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Well said. I agree 100%. I personally have taken out an LT1 Z28 in my 65 Factory Stock K code mustang......I will never do it again, but it did happen once. I also beat a C4 in my K code mustang at the track. Well, first past the line, he had a better et and a crappy launch. Anything is possible.

03EBz06 - I once saw a factory stock honda run low 13's. Seriously though, I find it very hard to believe that there are THAT many FACTORY STOCK z06's that run high 11's. If the track was sprayed maybe. But, if that is possible (which you apparently believe and know these people), why isn't it possible for this guy to win this one day, against this one guy??

I believe it. Just like stock mach's can and do run 13.1, which can and does take out a C5.

You are dilusional.

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I said I would stay out of this thread, but I actually have been readin the posts.

And I have to say........Chuck......that was FREAKIN HILARIOUS. Thanks for that one. Although hardly anyone (or no one ;) )agree with me. It is nice to see someone agrees with part of what I have been saying. :rockon:

I do have a serious question though. Why is it so hard for vette owners to believe there are other cars out there that are just as fast?

Why is so hard for Mach owners to realize that they can't beat a car that is more aerodynamic, makes more hp and tq, and weighs 200 lbs. less?

2001stripper

Established Member
Slo3kgtVtr said:
Most of the stock Mach 1's I've seen go 13.4-13.6, with a few in the low 13's.

Only you and I see this. Apparantly, we only see slow Machs or our tracks are slow because there are a ton of Machs that run low 13's stock. :rollseyes

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
2001stripper said:
Why is so hard for Mach owners to realize that they can't beat a car that is more aerodynamic, makes more hp and tq, and weighs 200 lbs. less?

I love how you answer my question with a question. No real answer.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
2001stripper said:
Only you and I see this. Apparantly, we only see slow Machs or our tracks are slow because there are a ton of Machs that run low 13's stock. :rollseyes

Since you (being a chubby owner) don't mind visiting Ford sites......take a visit over to www.mach1registry.com

I can't believe an entire site that is lying. And when did I ever say that there are a TON of machs doing it? I always have stated low to mid 13s, which is EXACTLY what he just posted. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Since you (being a chubby owner) don't mind visiting Ford sites......take a visit over to www.mach1registry.com

I can't believe an entire site that is lying. And when did I ever say that there are a TON of machs doing it? I always have stated low to mid 13s, which is EXACTLY what he just posted. Stop putting words in my mouth.

"A chubby owner"--what the hell are you talking about? I come to this site for the Cobra not the Mach, this is svtperformance.com. I am not going to waste my time visiting mach1registry. I don't believe most the stuff that Mach guys say on this site so why would I go to a Mach specific site where I'm sure that everyone strokes each other and they all drive 12-sec. stock Machs. I am more apt to believe what I see with my own two eyes in person (at the track) then what I read on the internet.

Last edited:

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
I seriously doubt this z06 driver was trying very hard. Even with 4.10 gears, unless the driver of the z06 just flat out sucked, the Mach1 wouldn't reel it in like that. Call me a skeptist.

Paul

2001stripper

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Is it actually impossible for you to be any more of an asshole?

I'm an asshole for stating the obvious. It's called physics and it is an EXACT science. BTW, I thought name calling was reserved for smackdown, where are the moderators?

Users who are viewing this thread