Z06 aint that fast

rphinney

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
Motor Trend is very biased against any car company that goes against ford. They hate fords for some reason, and don't drive them to their full potential, i mean yeah every magazine posts different times, and i know the fox chassis on the mustangs are very weak in convertable form but still. Theres no way that c5 beat a cobra. I once read an article on the driving techniques they use. And they said that they launch every car at about 2,500 or 3k and shift at redline, regardless. So it represents the general publics driving abilities.

Imagine shifting an 03/04 at redline in first and second, you wouldn't get anywhere and get a whole lotta smoke.

So it makes sense that Ford would keep sending them cars. :bored:

TX-SS

ChuckysSVT said:
I have both 98 C5 and an 03 Cobra. Do you..? The seats in the C5 are junk. And they are the same throughout the C5 line. There is no comparison between the 03 cobra and the C5 of any year. I have driven the Z06 and still my Cobra would mop it up. Dont get me wrong I was a die hard Chevy guy and still love em,,,BUT the newer fords are KING. Sure you could put a blower/turbo/N2o bla, bla, bla, on the LS1 and hang w/ the cobra. I havent driven the Mach or the Bullit. I drove the Cobra to see what it had to offer and bought it. Hands down the best american sports car for the money. It was the same when I bought the Vette...at the time it was the king but those days are over. Maybe before all the "magazine mechanics" post a bunch of BS...go out and beat on a few cars first. The chevy SS line is fun but w/out some major mods its not gonna be a player on the street. I've done the LS6 head/cam swap. 150 shot nitrous...etc. Its just not gonna get it done. I can spend 3k on some simple mods and have a cobra running mid 11's and haul the family to brunch on sunday. 3k on some overpriced chevy BS gets you nowhere. If you pay 50k for a POS interior...you still have that...a POS interior. I fell into the "Blinded by pride in the brand"...thing once...made excuses why my C5, or my SS couldnt keep up...then bought the cobra and owned almost everything that rolled up.

On a unlimited budget I could get a Geo Metro to spank anything too. Compare whats offered...not "what it could be".

no i dont own both cars...but i do own a 99 FRC and had 01 SS and now i have 02 WS_6... my point is that Z06/C5 has far better interior quality than ANY mustang/cobra/gt/buillt/mach1 period.. you are only talkin about how c5 seats are junk.. go take a look at the dashboard/control panels on any stangs.. they just sucks.... and here you are talking about beating a Z06 with you cobra..sure i believe it..anything can happen. ive beaten many c5s and cobras with my WS_6 and lost to many of it also at the track.... point is STOCK z06 vs STOCK 03/04 cobra..given equal driver on very same day.. z06 will beat it PERIOD. you think Z06 is over price chevy BS?? think again.. Z06 will beat the cobra in any category. such as handling/corning/ride quality/performance/interior,exterior quality/value etc etc... yes the cobra is the best bang for a buck and they are a badass cars..i AGREE 100% but z06 is just better... and it aint over price BS :pepper:

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
TX_SS said:
no i dont own both cars...but i do own a 99 FRC and had 01 SS and now i have 02 WS_6... my point is that Z06/C5 has far better interior quality than ANY mustang/cobra/gt/buillt/mach1 period.. you are only talkin about how c5 seats are junk.. go take a look at the dashboard/control panels on any stangs.. they just sucks.... and here you are talking about beating a Z06 with you cobra..sure i believe it..anything can happen. ive beaten many c5s and cobras with my WS_6 and lost to many of it also at the track.... point is STOCK z06 vs STOCK 03/04 cobra..given equal driver on very same day.. z06 will beat it PERIOD. you think Z06 is over price chevy BS?? think again.. Z06 will beat the cobra in any category. such as handling/corning/ride quality/performance/interior,exterior quality/value etc etc... yes the cobra is the best bang for a buck and they are a badass cars..i AGREE 100% but z06 is just better... and it aint over price BS :pepper:

This is pointless....Maybe car and driver will do a write up stating " New convertable VW beetle w/ new improved flower holder out runs the WS 6" Boy your panties would be all bunched up and you wouldnt be able to argue w/ the "all knowing" Car and driver... :bash:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
TopEndMACH said:
Loook what I started.I was just on my way home from my shop having some fun and thought I would share it with some fellow gear heads!Now everybody is calling everybody else liers and thieves and everything else under the sun. Im sorry that so many of you are in disbelief that a MACH might actually be able to go fast.My buisness is to build FAST cars.I have owned and built many cars quicker and faster then this paticular MACH. If you check out my website you will see that I am not a quarter mile guy.I am into open road- top end type racing where we go much faster for much longer than this little excursion on my way home the other nite.I swapped in the 4.10s just for this kind of fun during my everday commute.My car is not set up for drag racing(if it was it would be in the 11s,no problem).My mods are very simple but why the hell should I list them here just to let all the nay sayers call me a lier some more AND discredit MY BUSINESS.Not to mention I have a couple customer MACHs rolling around here with close to the same mods that dont care to have every Tom, Dick, and Harry knowing there mods.My customers respect my word and I return them the favor. If you own a MACH PM me and I will gladly give you the recipy for a 11 second MACH. If you own a terminator PM me and I will gladly tell you how to make it go 10s.If you own ANYTHING just ask and I will share my knowledge with you.Its all about ALOT more air,fuel,exhaust, and the right tune to make it all work.But Im sure you already knew that! I want to say thanks to all people who didnt call me a lier and to those who did I pitty you on the day your showing off for your little hotty and a VERY stock apearing MACH BLOWS YOUR DOORS OFF!
And for the record- I nevr said I beat the Z06,Never said my MACH was quicker than the Z06,Never said my MACH was faster than the Z06(although that is yet to be determind after I swap back to some taller gears),Never said the all mighty Z06 was slow! As to the "Z06 aint that fast" intro that was to get your attention and it did.Anybody posting here knows a Z06 is a very fast car-thats why I posted in the first place.I wouldnt bother waisting my time or yours posting about all the Z28s, SSs, TAs, WRXs, EVOS, C5s,ect,ect,ect that have already ate my MACHs dust. Thanks-have a nice day!

You talk a lot of smack for someone with no back up. It's EASY to sit here and talk about having the know-how to make a "MACH"(every time you capitalize it, I get a mental image of someone with Tourette's) do 11's, and then say some complete horseshit like "But I don't want to give away the secret!"

Why, is supercharging really that big of a secret? :rolleyes:

2001stripper

Established Member
Stormsigma said:
You talk a lot of smack for someone with no back up. It's EASY to sit here and talk about having the know-how to make a "MACH"(every time you capitalize it, I get a mental image of someone with Tourette's) do 11's, and then say some complete horseshit like "But I don't want to give away the secret!"

Why, is supercharging really that big of a secret? :rolleyes:

I agree. Why say I have the "knowledge" and then not let anyone know what your mods are. Kind of childish, wouldn't you say. :??:

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
I think you guys are missing another point. Namely, what kind of dumbass would run his car on a public road up to 145?! That's just incredibly ignorant. :loser:

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
SVECobraR said:
Motor Trend is very biased against any car company that goes against ford. They hate fords for some reason, and don't drive them to their full potential, i mean yeah every magazine posts different times, and i know the fox chassis on the mustangs are very weak in convertable form but still. Theres no way that c5 beat a cobra. I once read an article on the driving techniques they use. And they said that they launch every car at about 2,500 or 3k and shift at redline, regardless. So it represents the general publics driving abilities.

Imagine shifting an 03/04 at redline in first and second, you wouldn't get anywhere and get a whole lotta smoke.

I agree 100%

torchred99

Established Member
StevesBuddyAntz said:
Yea you might actually have a clue of what your talkin about :D a glorified GT would be a 01 bullitt not a 03/04 mach 1...Mach 1 is a 4 valve dohc underated @300 hp and a GT is a 2 valve sohc w/ 260 hp...One is knocking on the doors of 12's stock and the other has trouble getting outta the 14's stock...check your facts before you post so you dont look like an idiot like you do now :loser:

Excuse me to me a mustang is a mustang Mach 1 or GT they both look the same in my rear view mirror..........except for that shaker hood...... :-D

torchred99

Established Member
Bull shit my brother law has a 2003 Cobra, with that short throw linkage I m suprised the car doesn't load up between shifts.......... the linkage is like shifting something in the 50'S ...........drive a real american sports car a vette......

torchred99

Established Member
StevesBuddyAntz said:
Yea you might actually have a clue of what your talkin about :D a glorified GT would be a 01 bullitt not a 03/04 mach 1...Mach 1 is a 4 valve dohc underated @300 hp and a GT is a 2 valve sohc w/ 260 hp...One is knocking on the doors of 12's stock and the other has trouble getting outta the 14's stock...check your facts before you post so you dont look like an idiot like you do now :loser:
Mines payed for......... :-D

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
blacknblue

We have both an 03 Cobra and an 04 Z06. Both are stock. Overall, the Z06 is faster and nimbler. In traffic, the 03 Cobra is quicker at fast accelerating lane changes. I think it is beacuse, at highway speeds you typically cruise at lower rpms, and the Cobra has more torque at lower rpms.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
torchred99 said:
Excuse me to me a mustang is a mustang Mach 1 or GT they both look the same in my rear view mirror..........except for that shaker hood...... :-D

Shaker hood does look good :beer:

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
torchred99 said:

Bet my Cobra would look similar...DRY fu##ing your tupperware LS1 in the rear view. "mustang is a mustang"....
compare apples to apples :-D

Electric994V

Established Member
Last night I ran across a red Z06....

I was a little sacred but I said what the hell.

We rolled out from about 60 on the interstate...

I actually pulled to where my door was at his front bumper?!?

Then I stayed right there up to about 120, where I got out of it cause my exit was

coming up.

Now I do have just bolt-ons, with no gears (X-pipe, CB, CAI) dynoed @ 320hp/310tq

I never BS about my performance or my mods!! Take this for what its worth

P.S. JLT and SLP are the best/only products I put on

rphinney

Established Member
Electric994V said:
Last night I ran across a red Z06....

I was a little sacred but I said what the hell.

We rolled out from about 60 on the interstate...

I actually pulled to where my door was at his front bumper?!?

Then I stayed right there up to about 120, where I got out of it cause my exit was

coming up.

Now I do have just bolt-ons, with no gears (X-pipe, CB, CAI) dynoed @ 320hp/310tq

I never BS about my performance or my mods!! Take this for what its worth

P.S. JLT and SLP are the best/only products I put on

I hope you understand that you raced a retard and he may not have known where third gear was, 320 HP and you can pull a 1/2 car on a Z06? You do realize those dyno at 360 to the wheels and weigh 400 lbs. less than your car? Jesus.................... :rollseyes

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
rphinney said:
I hope you understand that you raced a retard and he may not have known where third gear was, 320 HP and you can pull a 1/2 car on a Z06? You do realize those dyno at 360 to the wheels and weigh 400 lbs. less than your car? Jesus.................... :rollseyes

Supprised your back....took a break from makin love to your vette in the garage..? I agree...the guy is a retard..he spent 50+k on a car that a Cobra can beat w/ a nights worth of bolt-ons... :sleeping:

rphinney

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
Supprised your back....took a break from makin love to your vette in the garage..? I agree...the guy is a retard..he spent 50+k on a car that a Cobra can beat w/ a nights worth of bolt-ons... :sleeping:

Wow another guy with the Maturity of a Cheerio. :-D

All cars are different If you think you will be taking out my vette with a nights worth of bolt ons you're wrong.

But your point is well taken, as I understand it your Forced induction Domestic V-8 with aftermarket levels of boost is faster than your N/A Domestic V-8. Congrats! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

rphinney

Established Member
Chuck you seem a little bent out of shape there, making love to this... dry fu*%ing that why dont you go get laid, (or at least masturbate) then come back to the keyboard when you are ready to talk cars. :shrug:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:

I said I would stay out of this thread, but I actually have been readin the posts.

And I have to say........Chuck......that was FREAKIN HILARIOUS. Thanks for that one. Although hardly anyone (or no one ;) )agree with me. It is nice to see someone agrees with part of what I have been saying. :rockon:

I do have a serious question though. Why is it so hard for vette owners to believe there are other cars out there that are just as fast?

Krieger

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:

Commonly countered with Z06 + ($800 N2O kit) = 10 sec vette. :burnout:

Actually having owned a Z06, I find the statement "Z06 aint that fast" is quite erroneous. While the one I got was a lemon, it was FAR superior in terms of handling the speed it comes with from the factory vs my Cobra.

As far as stock 02+ Z06 vettes hitting high 11's in the 1/4 it is possible with good track conditions, a capable driver, and some zip ties.

Had my Z not been a lemon, GM not been so nasty, and them forcing the involvement of the BBB I would be driving an 02 ZO6.

As far as the aforementioned story this post started with I can see it as a modded car (with somewhat unknown mods) keeping up with a stock Z , as anyone can tell you the LS6 has the same power curve until 4k+ rpms where it pulls away making it similar to an LS1 up to that point. However the Zs gearing and light weight helps make it a bit quicker off the line, while the added curve above 4k keeps it well ahead of the LS1 equipped cars. A qualified driver not afraid to crank the rpms helps alot in a Z06.

I can honestly say the Z06 is a well equipped fast car, even though mine had so many problems.
Fast yes, fastest no, best maybe not, however it rocks all on a road course and at 150+ right from the factory. Sustained 150+ in a mustang is not advisable without proper modifications and a track.

Users who are viewing this thread