Z06 aint that fast

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I do have a serious question though. Why is it so hard for vette owners to believe there are other cars out there that are just as fast?

They are fast...I have put 55K hard miles on mine. I have run the car w/ N2o. Done heads/cam/exhaust/cia/Hypertech program/brake upgrades. And it is a fun car. Cornering the thing rules. I have also dealt w/ a leaking tub, leaking top, at 80mph my windows whistle, tire sensors always have to be reset, the aluminum rub rails under the front bumper have to be replaced.....if you park ONCE too close to a curb. Seat bolsters wear out if you drive it more than once a month. I have the car...Im not bashing because im bias to a brand. Every car I have is a GM besides my Cobra. I bought the cobra because I was tired of makin dumb excuses when guys in Blown fox body saleens were moppin me up. I have built/owned more fast cars than most. Sure you can Put the N2o to it and run 10's. Put the same amount to a cobra and you run lower 10's. Put a blower on a Z06 and it is "off the hook" fast.....I have a friend w/ one thats putting down 900 rwhp. He also had to go through the whole engine....than the trans....than the rear. For that kind of money it better be fast.

Its not the car thats the issue though really. Its the guy that drops a bunch of money on a C5 or a Z06 and thinks ...........WHeew. Now I own the baddest car on earth. Like the title to this thread....."Z06 aint that fast". 12 seconds is getting to be common on a street car. 11 second cars can be found any given saturday night. 10 second cars are all over...this forum. If you buy the car for looks...good for you...they have alot of style. If you buy the car for braggin rights...get off your wallet and pump it up....cause for under 4k and an 03-04 cobra Ill stomp ya all day long.

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
rphinney said:
Chuck you seem a little bent out of shape there, making love to this... dry fu*%ing that why dont you go get laid, (or at least masturbate) then come back to the keyboard when you are ready to talk cars. :shrug:

ooh...I took your advise and masturbated before writing the above thread...tried to call your girl to get laid but found she had left you....said you stroke your vette so much there wasnt any left for her....guess you have your priorities... :shrug:

rphinney

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
ooh...I took your advise and masturbated before writing the above thread...tried to call your girl to get laid but found she had left you....said you stroke your vette so much there wasnt any left for her....guess you have your priorities... :shrug:

Hey at least you got one squeezed out I was worried about you for a minute there your posts where starting to read like a 900-number, on the upside your dirty talk is free, the 900-number where I usually find your girl costs at least 2.95 a minute, 3.95 peak time. :shrug:

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
rphinney said:
Hey at least you got one squeezed out I was worried about you for a minute there your posts where starting to read like a 900-number, on the upside your dirty talk is free, the 900-number where I usually find your girl costs at least 2.95 a minute, 3.95 peak time. :shrug:

Damn...I figured it out!!! :thumbsup: You cant keep up cause your spendin 3.95 a minute to get off. Dude get some therapy...save your 4 bucks a minute..buy a blower....than you can keep up. :rockon:

Ohh...the chevy hotline is 1-800...not 1-900...call em they will explain to ya how to change your oil...you'll save 80 bucks, compared to your "certified" corvette dealer mechanic. :thumbsup:

Just tryin to help ya out.... :shrug:

RealQuick

Established Member
By the way, incase some of you didnt know, there are the tards out there that put ZO6 badging on standard C5's because they like the brake ducting and such. I saw an auto red coupe (not even the hardtop) like that :bs:

Really take a good look next time you race a ZO6.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
RealQuick said:
By the way, incase some of you didnt know, there are the tards out there that put ZO6 badging on standard C5's because they like the brake ducting and such. I saw an auto red coupe (not even the hardtop) like that :bs:

Really take a good look next time you race a ZO6.

Kinda like the V-6 Cobra's out there. :nonono:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Elliotness said:
WOW, this was hilarious.... ERRRR what's this thread about again....
As humorous as it may be, this is not the forum for it.

Clean it up, guys. You can go insult each other's sexual escapades in Smack Down...not here. Keep it on topic or lose the thread.

SHALOM96

SVT POSTER
Established Member
Here is a pic of my buddy's 405hp z06 it is stock with the only bolt on being a ram air kit. and don’t get me wrong aim a die heart ford guy. But to the truth be know from a 25mph roll he can hang with me all the way up to 135mph and I could not shake him for nothing. now my car will do mid to low 11's on all motor but from a roll those z06 are sick. And not to mention I have a full built motor that make 370rwhp and 334ft-lbs of tq plus my car has allot of weight lose mods so my car is pretty light.so from a roll I don’t know how that mach 1 even hang with it for a second,so to say that zo6 are not fast that is :bs:
dsc012086jw.jpg

Last edited:

SHALOM96

SVT POSTER
Established Member
But than if we race from a dead stop or a 1st gear roll I will completely kill him bad from a dead stop I can get him like 3-4 cars before I even hit second gear.

Last edited:

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
Blue03Cobra said:
As humorous as it may be, this is not the forum for it.

Clean it up, guys. You can go insult each other's sexual escapades in Smack Down...not here. Keep it on topic or lose the thread.

:nonono: Sorry boss...my bad...

I give up on this thread.... :bowdown: LS1 :bowdown: Rphinney

Im goin out in the garage now...make some more HP

StevesBuddyAntz

Established Member
torchred99 said:
Excuse me to me a mustang is a mustang Mach 1 or GT they both look the same in my rear view mirror..........except for that shaker hood...... :-D
Ive owned 2 LT1's and a LS1 here...Alot of yap for having a cammed c5 :D You have a stout LS1 but it far from being outta the woods of being beating by mach w/ a few good mods (gears,exhaust)...and a 03/04 Cobra I wont even go there :D

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
StevesBuddyAntz said:
Ive owned 2 LT1's and a LS1 here...Alot of yap for having a cammed c5 :D You have a stout LS1 but it far from being outta the woods of being beating by mach w/ a few good mods (gears,exhaust)...and a 03/04 Cobra I wont even go there :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
first sign of reality in 4 days.....this thread may have a chance :beer:

oops...I forgot im done w/ this one good luck StevesBuddyAntz :burnout:

rphinney

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
:nonono: Sorry boss...my bad...

I give up on this thread.... :bowdown: LS1 :bowdown: Rphinney

Im goin out in the garage now...make some more HP

You are forgiven my son, may your quarter mile times be short and your 900 calls even shorter. :thumbsup:

:bowdown: 03/04 Cobra
:bowdown: ChuckysSVT

Jaegermeister2k

Established Member
Damn there's not a single ford car vs gm car thread on svtp that is 5 pages or less.Z06's are fast.I raced a bone stock one and could only get a few cars on it from a roll to around 140ish mph.I have to say that i've seen people mistake a regular c5 coupe with brakducts for z06's.And i mean MANY times.Out of the mustangs i gotta say that the mach1 is one of my favorites,so i'm not hating.

torchred99

Established Member
StevesBuddyAntz said:
The truth hurts.......a mach 1 with alot of mods :rolling:

MustangFreak

Established Member
TopEndMACH,

Try to answer these 3 questions for the sake of everyone

1 - How did you go 145 mph in 4th gear with 4.10's ???

2 - What RPM were you at at that speed?

3 - When you got the 12.2, what was your trap speed??

I think most people forget that your 1/4 mile time really means nothing when racing from a roll.

If you can answer these questions and sound somewhat intelligent with your response,
I think you would have a much more credible story.

I don't think you will be giving away any "speed secrets" by telling us this information.
I would think you would want to share with us this information since it would only help your business and your credibility.

Until then, you have done nothing but prove you know how to stir up the pot and contribute nothing to this online community.

Adam

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
im no gear expert, but doesnt the higher the gear ratio the lower the top speed?
and with that said "topend"mach is most likely BS.

btw c5 z06 corvettes top out at around 180.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Serpent said:
im no gear expert, but doesnt the higher the gear ratio the lower the top speed?

I think you have that backwards.

When someone says Low gears (taller), that means higher the number. High gears (highway), means lower number.

Or maybe i am just plain misunderstanding you. Sorry, carry on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread