Z06 aint that fast

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
Griffin said:
I'm sorry, but a stock Cobra is not going to hang with a stock Z06. Not gonna happen unless the Z06 driver is retarded...

Agree with you in regards to a Stock Cobra will not hang with a Stock Z06, Mustang's & Fast Ford's claimed that my Saleen E would run with a Z06. Well I lost to a Z06 on the freeway in the Saleen. 445 HP verses the Z06 405 HP and I lost! Z06 light..

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
wrstdude said:
I'm here because I like Cobras as well...I got laid this morning too...it was great.

You get laid in the Z06 or the C5? I would not mind having any of your cars. You are on here just checking out the competition, just kidding! Nice cars..

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Check out Z06vette.com and look up a guy that goes by the name ranger. He can drive the $hit out of vettes and has more 11sec pases than you can count in a as-is-off-the showroom floor-Z06. I think he may have even laid down a 11.7xx BONE STOCK. The truth can hurt sometimes

pottsy

Established Member
torchred99 said:
Mach 1 just a glorified GT! Hell with the money you spend in motor to run 12's why not buy a Cobra....or better yet a vette :lol:

It takes $0 in motor work to get a Mach to run 12's. Hell, some have even done it stock. The Mach powerplant is superior to the GT's in almost every way. Ignorance just makes itself more apparent in some than in others I guess...

StevesBuddyAntz

Established Member
Mach 1 just a glorified GT! Hell with the money you spend in motor to run 12's why not buy a Cobra
Yea you might actually have a clue of what your talkin about :D a glorified GT would be a 01 bullitt not a 03/04 mach 1...Mach 1 is a 4 valve dohc underated @300 hp and a GT is a 2 valve sohc w/ 260 hp...One is knocking on the doors of 12's stock and the other has trouble getting outta the 14's stock...check your facts before you post so you dont look like an idiot like you do now :loser:

94gtpony

Established Member
well you guys are just all f*ing brilliant. so there is one guy who drove a stock z06 11.3x blah blah guess what there is one guy called ron jeremy who has a foot long. i guess with everyones thinking on here than i as long with everyone else posting should have a foot long too. :lol:
yea ok. seriously, you guys need to get laid instead of posting what OTHER people have done. this is ONE guys story, this isn't a story about your friend who runs 10's stock. this is a story about one PARTICULAR mach 1 RUNNING with ONE particular z06. you guys need a highlighter for all the key words. he never said his car beat the z06 and he never said he could run with EVERY z06, he just said that on this day he ran with 1 out of however many of those damn bowties they make.

TX-SS

ponygt65 said:
What ever guys. I guess no one lies about what is under their hood anymore huh? SO there is not a chance that someone is fibbing about their Z06 being stock. Tell me how someone can shave OVER .5 second just from driving. I am talking Mags (albeit aren't the greates things for stats) and personal views of them at the track. You are trying to tell me that there are 4-5 guys that much better than everyone else and can shave .5 second (at least) to get an 11 sec pass? Sorry not buying it.

Example: there is a guy that had a factory stock mach. paper filter ZR45 goodyears, the whole nine yards. Posted a slip for a 12.98 second pass. How many of you believe that? Not many would. In fact had I posted that on here, I would have been laughed out of the site.

Yes TX SS I dont' like vette's one bit. Like I posted before a standard vette is 40-45 (at least) and only runs low 13's (C5's). A cobra is about 40 and runs with a Z06. Not a hard choice in my book. Not to mention another $500 and the cobra is in the 11's.

Codes- You aren't even worth a reply.

cantankerous - Please explain how the original poster was an asshole. He had a modded mach 1 against a stock Z06. How is that not possible? You guys will believe a factory stock Z06 running high 11's, but you can't believe this guys post? Talk about Contradictive. I love how some internet racer guys know everything.

Besides, what is a Z06 and an SS owner doing in here anyways?

1/4 time is the only thing you care about??? z06/C5 might cost lil bit more than a cobra... but it handles/corners/value/quality is lot better then a cobra.... dont get me wrong cobra is a nice car also... but it aint better than ANY C5/Z06 period... care about 1/4 miles and cost... than go for a ariel atoms... :thumbsup:

http://www.openwheelers.com.au/vide...ull_segment.mpg

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
TX_SS said:
1/4 time is the only thing you care about??? z06/C5 might cost lil bit more than a cobra... but it handles/corners/value/quality is lot better then a cobra.... dont get me wrong cobra is a nice car also... but it aint better than ANY C5/Z06 period... care about 1/4 miles and cost... than go for a ariel atoms... :thumbsup:

My Cobra is Stock, and I have raced a C5 and won, FYI C5 Interior is kind of cheap inside... Comparing a Cobra to a C5 is fair competition!! If you are comparing the Cobra against against the Z06, well the Z06 has the edge in every aspect..

Last edited:

BiGGinZ

LT1 Master
Established Member
TX_SS said:

Down here you can get a 2002 z06 for the price of an 04 cobra. The z06 will have a little bit more miles. I would rather have a vette but I love the ls6 platform. My next car was going to be a z06 or cobra after my next f-body that I am getting very soon. But the g/f put me in check because I need to get more of a daily driver type car. I think the mach 1 in question could have keep up with it on the street. Would have helped to know the trap speed on the mach 1 though.

BiGGinZ

TX-SS

2004SVTSTNG said:
My Cobra is Stock, and I have raced a C5 and won, FYI C5 Interior is kind of cheap inside... Comparing a Cobra to a C5 is fair competition!! If you are comparing the Cobra against against the Z06, well the Z06 has the edge in every aspect..

are you comparing C5/z06 interior to mustang/cobra interior :rolleyes: c5/z06 has much better interior...dash/control unit/ panels/seats/etc..

you are beating a 350hp C5 with your supercharged 400hp cobra; WOW!! you sure you beat it?? i can also beat 287hp 350z with my STOCK SS 305hp.. "what is your point??" go back and read my previous post.. FYI C5 is overall better vehical than ANY MUSTANG/COBRA/MACH1/BUILLET and yes you are right about Z06... it has the edge in every aspect.... :beer:

2001stripper

Established Member
JMD0346 said:
Really? At my local track ive never once seen an fbody run close to a 13.0 or a low 13 for that matter. Youve probably seen what 2 Machs maybe? They arent that abundant. How many fbodys do you think ive seen? You get real and go troll somewhere else.

You Mach 1 guys are tools, always talking trash. How is it that the 03-04 Cobras are far superior cars and yet the owners are laid back, cool guys? If any non-power adder Machs want to run me, let me know. Until then, shut your pie holes.

Last edited:

RealQuick

Established Member
I skimmed the last few pages and dint notice something. Why isnt anyone asking what the Mach1 traps. 12.2 means nothing, especially if he is neck and neck up to 100mph. That tells me that the ZO6 should atleast run a 12.2 as well according to this story. The real bs is when the ZO6 didnt put carlengths on the Mach above 100mph. Unless the Mach is trapping atleast 115mph or so then the ZO6 will walk after 100mph no problems.

So whats the mph of your fast Mach1????

ChuckysSVT

LS1/6 speed 68 Camaro
Established Member
TX_SS said:
are you comparing C5/z06 interior to mustang/cobra interior :rolleyes: c5/z06 has much better interior...dash/control unit/ panels/seats/etc..

you are beating a 350hp C5 with your supercharged 400hp cobra; WOW!! you sure you beat it?? i can also beat 287hp 350z with my STOCK SS 305hp.. "what is your point??" go back and read my previous post.. FYI C5 is overall better vehical than ANY MUSTANG/COBRA/MACH1/BUILLET and yes you are right about Z06... it has the edge in every aspect.... :beer:

I have both 98 C5 and an 03 Cobra. Do you..? The seats in the C5 are junk. And they are the same throughout the C5 line. There is no comparison between the 03 cobra and the C5 of any year. I have driven the Z06 and still my Cobra would mop it up. Dont get me wrong I was a die hard Chevy guy and still love em,,,BUT the newer fords are KING. Sure you could put a blower/turbo/N2o bla, bla, bla, on the LS1 and hang w/ the cobra. I havent driven the Mach or the Bullit. I drove the Cobra to see what it had to offer and bought it. Hands down the best american sports car for the money. It was the same when I bought the Vette...at the time it was the king but those days are over. Maybe before all the "magazine mechanics" post a bunch of BS...go out and beat on a few cars first. The chevy SS line is fun but w/out some major mods its not gonna be a player on the street. I've done the LS6 head/cam swap. 150 shot nitrous...etc. Its just not gonna get it done. I can spend 3k on some simple mods and have a cobra running mid 11's and haul the family to brunch on sunday. 3k on some overpriced chevy BS gets you nowhere. If you pay 50k for a POS interior...you still have that...a POS interior. I fell into the "Blinded by pride in the brand"...thing once...made excuses why my C5, or my SS couldnt keep up...then bought the cobra and owned almost everything that rolled up.

On a unlimited budget I could get a Geo Metro to spank anything too. Compare whats offered...not "what it could be".

rphinney

Established Member
ChuckysSVT said:
There is no comparison between the 03 cobra and the C5 of any year.

As a matter of fact there is, and I happen to have it right here.

http://www.stangbangers.com/03_CobraVsCorvette_Article.htm

Mind you the C5 in that article is not even a Z06, maybe you should spend more time at brunch with the family, and less time comparing Supercharged cars to N/A ones. If you think a 150 shot on a C5 (or god help you a Z06) wont keep up with your "precious Cobra" I suggest you start saving for that 10 second Geo! :loser:

Last edited:

rphinney

Established Member
03azuremach said:
Pony you need to be a little more openminded. I have seen a stock z06 go 12.017@114. With a better 60' he would have went a high 11 sec pass. I know the guy personally, I know his car. It is BONE STOCK. Down to the tires. Still under warrenty. Dont be so arrogant when it comes to chevy owners. They are car lovers just like us. A vette is a great car for what it is. I have never own a chevy, my blood runs ford blue. I have seen a stock Z run very low 12, so i dont doubt in my mind that stock Z will go high 11's.

Damn more people like this guy would make forums like these alot more enjoyable, good call. I have a heavily modded C5 and modded Cobra's are bumper to bumper with me I love racing those things. To be honest when I bought the C5 I didnt even know about the potential of a cobra, If I did it all over again cant say it would be an easy decision.

2001stripper

Established Member
rphinney said:
As a matter of fact there is, and I happen to have it right here.

http://www.stangbangers.com/03_CobraVsCorvette_Article.htm

Mind you the C5 in that article is not even a Z06, maybe you should spend more time at brunch with the family, and less time comparing Supercharged cars to N/A ones. If you think a 150 shot on a C5 (or god help you a Z06) wont keep up with your "precious Cobra" I suggest you start saving for that 10 second Geo! :loser:

Yes, I remember reading that article. :thumbsup:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
this thread is unbelievable.

What does the mach trap. Thats what i want to know. And this story is very believable. it just came off crappy with no mod list stating the Z06 was slow. I've smoked Z06's at the track every time I faced one (4 times) and i only run 12.1x.. BUT, they tend to have more MPH on me at the end. If the mach has 410 gears and running up to 145 i think the z06 owner just started off in the wrong gear. Thats why i want to know the trap of the mach.

And as much as its been beaten to death.. Yes showroom stock, paper filter, stock tires, Z06's have gone 11.x With track officials even investigating the car.. And I believe it was 11.7x. How is that so hard to comprehend. Its a proven fact. No magazine no he say, she say.. its a fact.. Normal, hell no.. Is it normal for a mach1 in 12's.. hell no.. does it happen yes..

FYI. here at no problem raceway at sea level all stock Z06's i've seen ran between 12.4 - 13-8. The latter times were from a corvette raceday where the wives drove some and were stalling at the line..

SVECobraR

Established Member
Motor Trend is very biased against any car company that goes against ford. They hate fords for some reason, and don't drive them to their full potential, i mean yeah every magazine posts different times, and i know the fox chassis on the mustangs are very weak in convertable form but still. Theres no way that c5 beat a cobra. I once read an article on the driving techniques they use. And they said that they launch every car at about 2,500 or 3k and shift at redline, regardless. So it represents the general publics driving abilities.

Imagine shifting an 03/04 at redline in first and second, you wouldn't get anywhere and get a whole lotta smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread