Z06 aint that fast

Cobra4pt6

Banned
ponygt65 said:
You think? Hmmm, I will race a C5 with the mods listed below. That isn't too much is it?

Or better yet, let me finish the car (DRs, X-pipe, CAI, PHP spacer and tune for the A/F ratio) and I will be at a stock Z06s hip, if not better. Granted I am not stock, but then again, I know a Z06 is faster out of the box and you said alot of mods. I don't consider my list ALOT by any means. If you do, then you should see other mach owners lists.

with those mods you listed, you wont be at a zo6s hips. i bet my a4 c5 with stock mainfolds will pull on you with those mods you listed and me being on DRs also with CAI and catback

Tru_Ice

Banned
TopEndMACH said:
The other day on my way home a guy in his shiney new Z06(still had LAF plates) pulled out in front of me and trompt it to the floor.After the cloud of blue smoke cleared we were both at a stop sign.Now I know these cars are fast but my MACH has a few mods including 4.10 gears so I thought I might be able to get a jump on him.So he turned right and got on it hard so I followed suit.As I thought my 4.10s pulled me to his rear quarter before I ran out of first gear, And thats where I stuck all the way to 145MPH (which came quite quickly!)until my road came up and I had to back out of it.For a big horse-cu.in. supercar(?) my little 4.6 held tight pretty good.I always wanted to know and now I do! Here little Z06-want to come out and play.........

He must have been shifting at 3000 rpm. :poke:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
with those mods you listed, you wont be at a zo6s hips. i bet my a4 c5 with stock mainfolds will pull on you with those mods you listed and me being on DRs also with CAI and catback

Let me see z06s run mid 12s. You dont' think with a diablo tune, CAI, X-pipe PHP spacer, and DRs I won't hit that? You do realize that BONE STOCK mach 1's hit high 12s with DRs. You really should read more up on the cars that you talk crap about.

I'll tell you what. I will post my runs when I am done with those mods and we will see. Do you even know what a php spacer is?

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Let me see z06s run mid 12s. You dont' think with a diablo tune, CAI, X-pipe PHP spacer, and DRs I won't hit that? You do realize that BONE STOCK mach 1's hit high 12s with DRs. You really should read more up on the cars that you talk crap about.

I'll tell you what. I will post my runs when I am done with those mods and we will see. Do you even know what a php spacer is?

run high 12's?......in fantasyland. :lol:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
i had to read this thread again its so damn funny.

It amazing how people think of other cars and when given good advice from other forum members are to damn stubborn to listen and absorb.. There is a couple of spots of good info sprinkled in this mess.

For some reason Ponygt65 is deadset on the fact that Z06s run 12.5 and will never run 11.x bone stock..

I thought you were leaving the thread and supposed to eat a sock?

2001stripper

Established Member
BayouVette said:

It amazing how people think of other cars and when given good advice from other forum members are to damn stubborn to listen and absorb.. There is a couple of spots of good info sprinkled in this mess.

For some reason Ponygt65 is deadset on the fact that Z06s run 12.5 and will never run 11.x bone stock..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's cool about Ponyboy Curtis. I tell him all the time that stock Machs can't run low 13's either.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
2001stripper said:
run high 12's?......in fantasyland. :lol:

I said with DRs dipstick. I love how you guys expect me to believe that Z06s run high 11's and yet you can't believe machs run low 13s. Kind of a a hypacrite, no?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
BayouVette said:

Your right. I will believe it when I see it. You sound like a ricer, you know that. So because a few guys post on the vette forum that they are bone stock and run high 11s they must be telling the truth. Let me see here, a cobra has 390 HP (under-rated), runs an average of mid 12s and a z06 only has 10 HP more, weighs (what?) 200 pounds less and can run more than half a second faster.............that makes absolutely NO sense. Typical Vette owner, no one is faster than you.

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I said with DRs dipstick. I love how you guys expect me to believe that Z06s run high 11's and yet you can't believe machs run low 13s. Kind of a a hypacrite, no?

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Your right. I will believe it when I see it. You sound like a ricer, you know that. So because a few guys post on the vette forum that they are bone stock and run high 11s they must be telling the truth. Let me see here, a cobra has 390 HP (under-rated), runs an average of mid 12s and a z06 only has 10 HP more, weighs (what?) 200 pounds less and can run more than half a second faster.............that makes absolutely NO sense. Typical Vette owner, no one is faster than you.

You're right. When I see a Mach run high 12's, let alone low 13's, then I will believe it also. So because a few guys post on the mach forum that they are bone stock and run low 13's they must be telling the truth. Let me see here, an 01-02 LS1 makes 310-320 rwhp, runs an average of low 13's and a Mach makes 270-280 rwhp and weighs about the same and can run the same times or even faster.............that makes absolutely NO sense. Typical Mach owner, no one is faster than you.

Tru_Ice

Banned
ponygt65 said:

Weight, , transmission, aerodynamics, and suspension setup, are the real advantages. Plus your SC has a delay.

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Let me see here, a cobra has 390 HP (under-rated), runs an average of mid 12s and a z06 only has 10 HP more, weighs (what?) 200 pounds less and can run more than half a second faster.............that makes absolutely NO sense. Typical Vette owner, no one is faster than you.

The stock Cobras I've seen run in person, were lucky to break into the 12's. No way do they average mid 12's. A Z06 is 400-500lbs lighter than a Cobra. Make more sense? No need to stereotype Corvette owners, what if others stereotyped Mach owners by your replies. :shrug:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Stock or non pullied cobras definitley don't average mid 12s including mine so far. Mid 11s is what a z06 should run with nothing more than traction and a driver that can shift. They're way lighter, easier to launch than a cobra, and pull respectably harder in the top end even with less rwhp. Machs are easier to launch than a cobra, weigh a good bit more than a z06, but not so much of a puller in the top end if you ask me. I'm not an expert on machs or really even cobras for that matter, all I know is what I see at the track and experience on the streets personally. You probably need a blower (or FI of some kind) to even think about sticking with a z06 in any 4.6

My .02 I'm, sure someone feels differently, but I don't care lol.

Last edited:

2001stripper

Established Member
94ShoOff said:
The stock Cobras I've seen run in person, were lucky to break into the 12's. No way do they average mid 12's. A Z06 is 400-500lbs lighter than a Cobra. Make more sense? No need to stereotype Corvette owners, what if others stereotyped Mach owners by your replies. :shrug:

Like I did :)

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I think I might be able to solve some of the confusion...seriously. What is the elevation at the tracks in OHIO? Are they high? THat may be a good reason why the whole mach 1, vette, cobra arguement won't stop.

Stripper - the mach weighs less than an fbody.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Tru_Ice said:
Obviously there's a delay dildo. It is not instant, at the touch of the peddle.
There is NO delay on a Roots blower, asswipe! Now why don't you take your little plastic fantastic Chevy POS and shove it up your ass!

Eaton Corporation said:
"An Eaton supercharger provides improved horsepower and torque, at lower engine rpm's, by pumping extra air into the engine in direct relationship to crankshaft speed. The positive connection yields instant response."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread