Z06 Gets walked!!

The Red Baron

Established Member
Ok, I know this my first post on SVTPerformance but couldnt ask for a better one:) I was cruisin down S.R.54 (In Tampa) and in my rear view I saw this bright yellow C5 coming up fast. he cruises up next to me and slows, I was like "damn its a Z06:-D and has 305hp on it!!!" at first I thought he was just showing off his overpriced bucket of bolts to me...;-) I looked at him and Knod, he returns the gesture and I was like "Its on brother".. He blips the gas I did the same, then I go on his move, he pulls out about a car on me before I unleash on him. the next thing I know, the top of 3rd I was a car ahead of him:shrug: then 4th I proceded to put him in his place by putting about 3-4 more cars on him..then I shut down. a few minutes later he pulls up next to me and says " Thats not fair, You have mods"... and I said "you provoked me and lost, how does it feel to piss away 50g's ". He smiled and said good run, and returned gesture w/ a peace. good sport.. maybe he will think twice next time before he pulls up next to a Mustang thinking he is fast:-D

Baron~

The Red Baron

Established Member
Originally posted by OCMike
RE: "damn its a Z06 and has 305hp on it!!!"...I think you meant "405" hp.

What are your mod's?
I'm sorry youre right :bash: I was just so happy about this I got all flustered!! wrong key stroke I guess... My mods are long so I'll just put the big things first... 347ci.w/ 185cfm AFR heads, t64e single turbo w/ 8psi of boost, Just got the turbo on this weekend, first kill since the install, trying to get it all dialed in still.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
ZO6's are great cars. But that's already pretty well known.

But my question is.....you have a 347 stroker,decent heads and are boosting 8 pounds on a big turbo.....and you put one car on him?

The Red Baron

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
damn.. that was a little harsh on the "piss away 50k" comment. Z06s are great.
I know I just thought I would through that in...:) My buddy's Father has one, and I do have to say they are nothing to sneeze at!! very quick cars for off the showroom!!... But you would know about this since you own an 03' cobra, very respectable cars too..
Baron~

The Red Baron

Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
ZO6's are great cars. But that's already pretty well known.

But my question is.....you have a 347 stroker,decent heads and are boosting 8 pounds on a big turbo.....and you put one car on him?
Well maybe you didnt read the story right, I pulled about 3-4 cars on him after I let him get a car or so head start!!! I shut it down at about 4200rpm's in 4th.. Im still trying to get this thing dialed in correctly.. Its all just a tunning thing to me..:) I was pretty happy w/ the out-come considering the competition..

raptorman02

Established Member
good kill, I would be interested in seeing some numbers if you take that thing to a track or Dyno. Bet it will be tough

The Red Baron

Established Member
Originally posted by raptorman02
good kill, I would be interested in seeing some numbers if you take that thing to a track or Dyno. Bet it will be tough
You and me both!!:D I cant wait It runs good now w/ no tunning, I can only imagine what its going to do w/ a good tune!!!
Baron~

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
damn.. that was a little harsh on the "piss away 50k" comment. Z06s are great.

I agree, Z06's are bad ass. It's going to be my next car...one of these days:beer:

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Always nice to pleasantly surprise someone ;-) as long as they're a good sport about it. Nice kill.

The Red Baron

Established Member
Originally posted by project626
I still want to know what mods you have that makes you pull on a car with 15 more horses than on a stock Cobra.

Good kill but list the mods
My car is a 94' cobra! im going to keep it short though to much to list... 347ci stroker, 185 AFR heads, f303 cam, victor 5.0 EFI intake, 42# inj, and an Intercooled t64e turbo w/ 8lbs of boost.. not running to its potential due to trying to get it all tunned in...

DA_MYSTIK_1

Established Member
:read: hmmmmmmmmm i wonder if i should put a turbo on my cobra? i dont know im still waiting for my imcome taxes and it either a turbo or a s/c what u guys think?

but either way baron good kill :beer:
mystik~

Users who are viewing this thread