Z06 races turbo SHO, suprising results

86style

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Of course. Nothing on the planet could possibly be quicker than the mighty zo6.:rolleyes:

hmmm......if you had read HIS post you would think that a stock SHO did that to a z. if you had read MY post, you would see that i asked for more specifics on his car that might make the story more believable.

:rollseyes :rollseyes

perhaps there is some truth in your use of sarchasm:lol:

99z28the real Z

Established Member
I was just saying it was hard to believe if you read what I wrote. Like sho said I even quoted the wrong sho, unbelievable car though great job on doing something out of the ordinary.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 86style
hmmm......if you had read HIS post you would think that a stock SHO did that to a z.
You didn't read it then.

if you had read MY post, you would see that i asked for more specifics on his car that might make the story more believable.
Like I said. The zo6 can never lose. :bored:

86style

Established Member
You didn't read it then.

Like I said. The zo6 can never lose. :bored:

...yeah, ok...his post was very informative about his mods. he actually used the word "turbo".
....maybe if i was an almighty "moderator", i would have known that the word "turbo" encompasses all of his mods into one word.

what a joke. you would expect more from a guy who reads posts all day.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

03DOHC

Established Member
86style- If you want to continue posting here I suggest you not post disparaging remarks about moderators.

You have a nice day too.

SHOspeedProject

Established Member
Originally posted by sho95
couple of questions!
Where do you get this turbo setup and how much is it with everything that had to be done to your car.

I bought the car with all power modifications. It was a one-off custom job. Cost reflects that. I have spent much since in suspension/drivetrain/wheel/tire/brake modifications since buying it.

86style

Established Member
86style- If you want to continue posting here I suggest you not post disparaging remarks about moderators.

You have a nice day too.

treat people with respect and you wont get disparaging remarks.
this post didnt even involve you but you choose to chime in because you saw an opportunity to go after me.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
seems odd.
perhaps some details of your car and some times might shed some light on this rather hard to believe story.:rollseyes
Oh yeah, way to set the example of posting with "respect"...:rollseyes

86style

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Oh yeah, way to set the example of posting with "respect"...:rollseyes

without details of his mods, the story seemed hard to believe.
in addition, SHOspeedproject agreed and even stated that he "understood my skepticism".

finding someone's story hard to believe does not qualify as showing a lack of respect.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member

finding someone's story hard to believe does not qualify as showing a lack of respect.
You gotta' admit, the rolling eyes smilie kinda' does though.

86style

Established Member
i was going to add that in my last post. i do wish that i had not added the rolling eyes, but i was under the impression it was a b.s. story.
SHOspeedproject did not seem offended and if he was i would have apologized. this is all irrelevant because the discussion was over. i credited him with a nice car and all was done.
this whole thing is kind of silly, but im not going to be threatened like i am a child. if you read the whole thread OBJECTIVELY it is clear that i did nothing other than respond to what was written initially.

love bandit2

Established Member
Wow if you're running 12 lbs of boost you must have some pretty beefy internals! Not to mention the weak mazda transmission.... how the hell did you get it to hold up to 400 hp? Those things have trouble surviving 100K miles on stock SHO's. You must have some REALLY sticky tires to get all that power to the ground! Give us some pics, man!

SHOspeedProject

Established Member
Here are some bigger pics. Older, as the car has different wheels and hood now. BTW, I have a Quaife and the internals of my tranny are cryo'd. Tires are Yoko AVS Sports.

22251996.jpg

22308890.jpg

22309337.jpg

22308510.jpg

Last edited:

Mako

Established Member

I don't suppose you have any better pictures of that burgandy red mustang coupe you caught in your sig picture?

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by ReducedFat
Funny how it's two GM guys that come in here with the skepticism.

yes whats so hard to believe?

a 390 whp sedan @ 3300lbs keeping up with
a 360 whp coupe @ 3100lbs.

when you look at the nembers the race is very fair and competitive.

good race - :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread