z06_2002 dont deserve to own a cobra!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

opticzo6

Established Member
Originally posted by XSTANG
There are a ton of cool guys that hang out on the Vette forums... and yes some very good drivers... Corey (quikag) traps 117 and ran a 12.2 in a c5 without aftermarket heads or cam:eek:

He is one of my better friends and I met him over the internet forums.... and one of the best drivers I know....

Kind of cool how things work out...

I may buy the next Generation Vette/Z06 it it carries the 450RWHP that is advertised.... You never know though... I was going to buy a Vette this time until Ford put the 03 Cobra package together.....
[/QUOTE

That is why I bought both they each have great things about them.

nitro

Established Member
Awhile back I posted here and on z06vette.com about my friend (and member of this site lining up and running thru 2nd,which ended up dead even.)Would I have pulled him if we continued.I think so.I warned them over there not to judge the cobra if they have not lined up with one yet.both of us have awesome cars. Have a Merry Christmas.

1fastdog

Established Member
I have been reading this forum for some time now. Pretty well mannered place for fans of the car.

I think the same can be said for Z06vette.

The '03 Cobra gives Mustang fans plenty to be excited about.

You meet all kinds on cars forums and at racetracks, and at car shows, etc. Sometime you meet folks with a clue, sometimes folks that are trying to learn what a clue is, and sometimes you run into folks that seem to just get into making noise no matter how silly they look and prove their ignorance at every possible opportunity. You'll find all three types in EVERY kind of high performance car.

I try to take one person at a time and if they can teach me something, I appreciate it. If I can teach them something... I'm happy to do so.

Folks that are really into cars, be it drag racing, or road racing like myself find it foolish to assume what someone is like, or knows, by what they drive.

I know why I bought a Z06, and though I'm 51...it had nothing to do with mid-life crisis. I have always owned fast cars, been involved in racing, know a fair amount about engines and vehicle dynamics. I'm happy with my choice.

Anyway...no real point other than to say this is a good sounding board for fans of their chosen car. Maybe going into another car sight to brag on a kill in your first posts and expecting a congrats is not waht the original poster was really looking for. Who knows?

The best mod I can suggest anyone that enjoys any make of car is to learn to drive it and get the most out of it without killing yourself or someone else. In order to finish first, you must first finish.

Last edited:

ZO6Cam

Established Member
The Z06 is stronger for right now while the cars are still BPU, but once the new blowers come out, the Z06 won't be much competetion in a straihghtline anymore...

Sure, I can't argue with that. With aftermarket blowers and lots of boost, there's not much on the road that will hang in a straightline. Just keep in mind that you are talking aftermarket here... Give us 8-10LBS of boost from an aftermarket blower, along with a few bolt-ons, and the Z06 is right back in the game with nearly 600RWHP. Granted, our bottom ends aren't built like yours are, and 10 is about as much as we can take with any longterm reliability. To go beyond 10# requires a motor rebuild, and that of course is big $$$. I sure wish we had forged internals stock like the 03 Cobra...

Last edited:

Bobby Adams

Established Member
Please take all this nonsense to SMACKDOWN where it belongs. Besides I think the proof is in the pudding. The Track is where this stuff should be decided not here in words to much he said she said shit. Just my 2 cents, but this is getting very old.

Orange Poison

Established Member
whatever

I ain't tired of it......:D

Luv hearing about bad a$$ Cobras hangin' with ZO6's:beer:

Last edited:

TurboEclipseGSX

Non Ricer
Established Member
huh what i live in texas :p , if you live around dallas give me a run and tell the peeps on here how good I do :D (i will probably lose but not as much as everyone thinks by)

peace

ZO6Cam

Established Member
do you ever come to TX? I will give ya a run... Can't be much worse than running Jim....:beer:

I'm a little heavier than Jim, and have a few less ponies... if Jim beats you, our cars should be an interesting match... assuming you don't have any tricks up your sleeve. ;)

I actually do go to Dallas once in a while. I met up with Jim and Andi last time I went. Unfortunatley I usually bring my wife with me, which means no racing (she freaks if I race with her in the car lol).

We may be able to hook up at Hallsville if you ever race out there. :beer:

f4sfed

Established Member
Absolutely no offense intended, but.... could we start a new thread, and let this one die? I don't like seeing this title keep coming to the top.

Can you feel the love? :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread