Z06vs 500rwhp saleen

Tunedprt91

Established Member
SORRY FOR IT BEING SO LONG BUT I LIKE STORIES WITH DESCRIPTION!!! ENJOY!!!
I was headed home after crusing around for a bit and seeing not alot going on. I was pulling out of a gas station about to head home when I see a white saleen pass me. I know the guy and have ran him before but this was way before I had my Z. And ive also heard he has done alot to it since then. Well I pull out and catch up to him and he is on the phone and doesnt notice me at first until I hit the horn and he quickly got off the phone:D He then says to me with big eyes:

Him: Man whats up, is that a real Z06??
Me: Yea it is. Whats been going on I heard you got a blower put on.
Him: yea this thing hauls!!(with a big grin on his face):D

We can barely hear eachother over eachothers exhaust, it was so awsome!!
He then downshifts and points ahead so I Knew it was about to go down:pepper: . I downshift to 2nd gear going around 40. We pace eachother for a second and then I punch it. I instantly pull out a little and inching(literally) ahead. I bang third and all of a sudden my car looses power:( and all of a sudden I read TRACTION CONTROL ACTIVE:nonono: . I was so pumped and excited to race I left it on. So ofcourse I turn it off. He passed by me when the tc kicked in so I caught back up to him for another run. When I got back up to him he was going:rockon: :rockon: and i was like hell yea!!

So I get ready for the 2nd run and its the same speed as the first. I jump out again about a nose. Top of 2nd im inching, hit 3rd pull a little more and shut it down going about 80 or 90 with me half a car ahead. I noticed he was shifting early on the run though. He gets besides me and says:

Him: Badass I cant mess with that Z
Me: Man you too, You can get me on a highway run.
Him: Yea but that car is a beast!!

We pull over and talk and his mods are(from what I remember)
new motor bored over
supercharger
cam
all bolt-on's and supporting mods
tuned

He said its putting 500hp to the wheels and when he told me that I didnt know what to believe. He then said he had to upgrade his fuel pump because he couldnt run the car past 4300rpm without it cutting out so thats why he was shifting early and his boost kept dropping b/c of that. He also asked what I had done to my car b/c he tore a Z06 up at the track last week. He said his 4th gear pulls its ass off and he has broke the tires loose @100mph!

I REALLY wanted to go do a interstate run but he had to be somewhere. I think he would of ended up pulling back past me on the freeway at higher speeds and a longer run.

All in all im proud of my car for taking down a 500hp car. Im not bragging b/c I know when he gets everything right he will prob rape me but for now the Z held its own:-D

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
That guy doesn't sound too bright for running his car when he's out of fuel pump.

I disagree, I don't think it's a nice kill. You have a nice car but that guy was shifting at 4300 and had major tuning issues.

Z06s are great cars though!

StangJason

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
That guy doesn't sound too bright for running his car when he's out of fuel pump.

I disagree, I don't think it's a nice kill. You have a nice car but that guy was shifting at 4300 and had major tuning issues.

Sounded like he was making lame excuses but then again I would expect a 500rwhp Saleen to have won that race...heck I don't fear any stock in my Cobra except for the 06s and up (from a dig) but even then I think I can beat them (1/4 mile) if they don't have a good driver mod.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:

Like I said im not bragging in any way. If he had everything right the way he wanted he would have got me. I know he would of b/c in the last race i only had a half a car lead or more. And while he was shifting @ 4300 I was taking mine up to around 6000-6500rpm and still didnt gain to much ground. Dont worry though we made plans to run again when he gets everything right.:-D

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Anything can happen on the street, nice kill man! My car has some issues and isnt making the power it should due to bottlenecking and all my buddies are trying to race me before the kinks get worked out, racing is racing and it's fun!

Tunedprt91

Established Member
^^^yea its fun. I dont care if i win or lose i do it for the fun. I dont want money or anything like that. Alot of people on here say vette owners are old and dont run....im the exact opposite lol.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
StangJason said:
Sounded like he was making lame excuses but then again I would expect a 500rwhp Saleen to have won that race...heck I don't fear any stock in my Cobra except for the 06s and up (from a dig) but even then I think I can beat them (1/4 mile) if they don't have a good driver mod.

I'm not tryin to start sh*t, but if the time in your sig is current, you will get but raped by a new Z-06 even in the quarter. They are the real deal even with an average driver.

03_svtzilla

Banned
4th gear pulls its ass off and he has broke the tires loose @100mph!

Ok my car makes almost 900 rwhp and i cant spin my tires at 100 mph.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
sick_o3svt said:
4th gear pulls its ass off and he has broke the tires loose @100mph!

Ok my car makes almost 900 rwhp and i cant spin my tires at 100 mph.
I'm just stating what he told me. maybe his tires were bald when he did it.

04gtstang

Established Member
My car with non Drs has broke the tires loose @ 100MPH. I couldnt hook up at ALL in 3rd.
Drs make the difference...3rd even hooks now. 2nd is very usable now too.

if your 900RWHP car cant break them loose @ 100MPH, then you have one wicked suspension setup, or are on a very sticky tire.

BTW good kill!

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
04gtstang said:
My car with non Drs has broke the tires loose @ 100MPH. I couldnt hook up at ALL in 3rd.
Drs make the difference...3rd even hooks now. 2nd is very usable now too.

if your 900RWHP car cant break them loose @ 100MPH, then you have one wicked suspension setup, or are on a very sticky tire.

BTW good kill!

No way. I stop spinning at 60 with 6XX rwtq.:burnout:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, I agree at almost 600whp I dont spin at 100, unless its wet out. I totally believe your kill though, my Cobra at 490whp was still getting pulled by our Z, nice run.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol, I agree at almost 600whp I dont spin at 100, unless its wet out. I totally believe your kill though, my Cobra at 490whp was still getting pulled by our Z, nice run.
Please dont act like a 490+ cobra doesnt beat a stock c5 zo6.He said the guy had issues with the car.I have no prob beating them from a stop or roll.Even my good friend here that owns an 04 cobra just picked up a silver 01 Z.He called me up saying it runs so good it must be a factory freak.So we ran them for fun.We did about 3 roll races and 1 from a dig.I beat him bad every time by many cars and even gave him the go.We are just about even in the driving and ran almost identical times at the track in our cobras.This is far from the first Z I've beat.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol "please dont act" If I didnt have a Z06 and a Cobra maybe I would doubt it, but Ive been on the losing end a few times to our Z06. We also raced another ported pullied Cobra and pulled that one too. My wife raced a 01 Z with a cam in our Z and can pull him up top. I dont doubt that it can go either way, but I know my car at 490 could NOT pull our Z. I wish I still had the vids, matter of fact I'll look for them and post them if I find them.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol "please dont act" If I didnt have a Z06 and a Cobra maybe I would doubt it, but Ive been on the losing end a few times to our Z06. We also raced another ported pullied Cobra and pulled that one too. My wife raced a 01 Z with a cam in our Z and can pull him up top. I dont doubt that it can go either way, but I know my car at 490 could NOT pull our Z. I wish I still had the vids, matter of fact I'll look for them and post them if I find them.

I think your car is some kind of weird supernatural factory freak.

Users who are viewing this thread