Z06vs 500rwhp saleen

04gtstang

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol "please dont act" If I didnt have a Z06 and a Cobra maybe I would doubt it, but Ive been on the losing end a few times to our Z06. We also raced another ported pullied Cobra and pulled that one too. My wife raced a 01 Z with a cam in our Z and can pull him up top. I dont doubt that it can go either way, but I know my car at 490 could NOT pull our Z. I wish I still had the vids, matter of fact I'll look for them and post them if I find them.

Did you buy the car new? if so, then the other guys your racing have tuning issues, and/or cant drive. A 355RWHP stock? Z06 would get murdered by a ported/pullied cobra. Even I have a tough time with them....and im sorry, but a 479RWHP 3450# GT > 355RWHP 3150# vette.

Put your car on the dyno....your going to need at least 440RWHP to do what you have been claiming. As in almost 100 more RWHP than stock....thats no factory freak, unless yours came with a prototype LS7 :lol:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, our Vette has raced 3 Cobras and beat all of them 2 ported and pullied, with good drivers. Our Z06 dyno'd at 371 with intake/exhaust and now has a tune. Haha, im not a newbie here I dont need to lie.

Robz

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol "please dont act" If I didnt have a Z06 and a Cobra maybe I would doubt it, but Ive been on the losing end a few times to our Z06. We also raced another ported pullied Cobra and pulled that one too. My wife raced a 01 Z with a cam in our Z and can pull him up top. I dont doubt that it can go either way, but I know my car at 490 could NOT pull our Z. I wish I still had the vids, matter of fact I'll look for them and post them if I find them.
I don't doubt it. My c5Z on the drag strip would run better times to cobras with 100 more hp and equal tires. Understandable that the 1/4 is more driver dependent but still a similar result.

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Exactly, which is why I said it could go either way, but the ones we raced we beat, thats it :)

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Thanks to all! I didnt know the car was having problems until after we pulled over but it was fun none the less. Thanks quick Z, I dont see why anyone wouldnt believe you seeing that both of those are your cars. Are the other cobras you raced members here? If so just tell them to come in and vouch for you.

Tunnelvision

Established Member
Pegilyn said:
Please dont act like a 490+ cobra doesnt beat a stock c5 zo6.He said the guy had issues with the car.I have no prob beating them from a stop or roll.Even my good friend here that owns an 04 cobra just picked up a silver 01 Z.He called me up saying it runs so good it must be a factory freak.So we ran them for fun.We did about 3 roll races and 1 from a dig.I beat him bad every time by many cars and even gave him the go.We are just about even in the driving and ran almost identical times at the track in our cobras.This is far from the first Z I've beat.

Agreed. My old set-up ('99 Vortech Cobra in SN-95) Dyno'd 488 RWHP /408 TQ (Dynojet) would pull HARD on stock C5Z's. Tested several times and not even close. In highway roll races (65-80 mph, I would put a couple buslengths on them by 135-140.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Nice kill..

Quik Z06 said:
I dont doubt that it can go either way, but I know my car at 490 could NOT pull our Z. I wish I still had the vids, matter of fact I'll look for them and post them if I find them.

I raced a cam only Z06 with 43Xrwhp and he was at my door, neither of us could pull away. (me at around 500rwhp). I pull 2-3 cars + on bolt-on Z06s, something wasn't right if you couldn't pull on a z06 with a 110rwhp+ advantage. :pop:

StangJason

Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
I'm not tryin to start sh*t, but if the time in your sig is current, you will get but raped by a new Z-06 even in the quarter. They are the real deal even with an average driver.

Yeah I agree I'll lose to one that's well driven but even some of the magazines had trouble gettng them into the 11s so I think I'll have a chance. I think if the track had not have been so slick my high 11s should have easily been 2 tenths quicker also...not I also was on drag radials not slicks launching from idle...lots of variables

example of someone in need of a driver mod in a Z06 that I'd beat in the 1/4 by say .4 tenths http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=7&article_id=2781

Last edited:

04gtstang

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Lol, our Vette has raced 3 Cobras and beat all of them 2 ported and pullied, with good drivers. Our Z06 dyno'd at 371 with intake/exhaust and now has a tune. Haha, im not a newbie here I dont need to lie.

I dont think your lieing, but something just isnt right. Any track times on the vette? I know they are fast as heck stock, and even more so modded like yours, but a 500RWHP cobra is one mean boy. They give the C6 Z06s a very good run....and those cars make 44x-46x from what I have seen. Its just hard to believe that if both cars are running correctly, that your vette will pull it :shrug: . Im not trying to bash you or anything, but just look at it from our perspective...not a common thing to happen by anymeans.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
04gtstang said:
I dont think your lieing, but something just isnt right. Any track times on the vette? I know they are fast as heck stock, and even more so modded like yours, but a 500RWHP cobra is one mean boy. They give the C6 Z06s a very good run....

A c6 z06 is a different animal..It can pull away from a 500rwhp Cobra pretty easily. At a dragstrip it's a little closer though if the Cobra has sticky tires and the Z06 is truly stock.

Quik Z06

Established Member
I do see it from both point of views, hell I own both. As mentioned mine isnt the only one its beat. We were all like wtf what do we need to do to beat it. Im going to keep looking for the vids. Matter of fact I'll PM a guy that was there watching,

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
I do see it from both point of views, hell I own both. As mentioned mine isnt the only one its beat. We were all like wtf what do we need to do to beat it. Im going to keep looking for the vids. Matter of fact I'll PM a guy that was there watching,

I'm not calling you a liar, :-D I have seen videos posted on here where Cobras run a lot slower than they should, I don't doubt your story at all.

Here is a 470rwhp Cobra racing a intake / tune 03 z06. Even with him granny shifting you can clearly see the difference in acceleration 90rwhp+ should make.

http://www.4get2.com/2007/04/03_cobra_vs_02_z06_both_slightly_modded.php

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9cd9506a-477c-4549-a889-994000af1aa6.htm

Quik Z06

Established Member
Haha, im not offended guys, I could care less :) I was just saying Ive seen it done before on numerous ocasions..Its all in good fun :)

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Sounds like his stock MAF was pegging out, someone who knows what they're doing needs to re-tune his $hit with either a MAFxtender and verify the a/f ration and upgrade that thing, if he has his stock GT pump I think they lose breath around 380rwhp

Tunedprt91

Established Member
He told me he had the car tuned by a shop around here. He was just saying something about fuel and a pump upgrade. But who knows.......all I know is I love your avatar:bowdown:

Robz

Established Member
SBo3 said:
I'm not calling you a liar, :-D I have seen videos posted on here where Cobras run a lot slower than they should, I don't doubt your story at all.

Here is a 470rwhp Cobra racing a intake / tune 03 z06. Even with him granny shifting you can clearly see the difference in acceleration 90rwhp+ should make.

http://www.4get2.com/2007/04/03_cobra_vs_02_z06_both_slightly_modded.php

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9cd9506a-477c-4549-a889-994000af1aa6.htm

Alot of times, On the street you can't tell what's going on with either driver. No times/mph. We've also seen many videos with the opposite result.
Remember the video of the h/c c5 that put buslegnths on the pullied cobra much worse than above?
Even on the street without a launch these races are all about the driver.

As I mentioned above, when I has around 400rwhp(on the strip) with tires I was always several tenths faster than the cobra guys I ran with that were making around 500rwhp.
IMO, the cobra is a little easier to powershift/speedshift for the average driver.
This shape > is much more aerodynamic than this shape ].lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread