Z06vs 500rwhp saleen

Robz

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
Something doesn't add up. His car dynoes normal for a Z06, his is the only one that can pull a pullied/ported Cobra. There are 120rwhp spreads between the cars and yet his still pulls?

Something doesn't add up with all this. Just doesn't. Are there track times for this faster than all others Z06? Any races against a C6Z?

In the Steeda30 vs. Lankhoss vids (when Lank was stock) the C6Z pulls a couple of lengths on the Cobra despite a 65rwhp deficit which is within reason.

This miracle Z is too much, this same Z with 70rwhp less than a C6Z is pulling just as much on full bolt-on ported and pullied Cobras? There's a nitrous system on board or some weight reduction or something that isn't being disclosed. At the absolute most this Z could pull barely on a Cobra with 80 more to the tire. Beyond that it's just absolute bullshit, period.:bs:

Just for a comparo, I ran several 10.9x passes with 396rwhp/368rwtq in a c5Z.

Last edited:

GTO30272

Established Member
StangJason said:
Yeah I agree I'll lose to one that's well driven but even some of the magazines had trouble gettng them into the 11s so I think I'll have a chance. I think if the track had not have been so slick my high 11s should have easily been 2 tenths quicker also...not I also was on drag radials not slicks launching from idle...lots of variables

example of someone in need of a driver mod in a Z06 that I'd beat in the 1/4 by say .4 tenths http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=7&article_id=2781

I hope you are joking with using that article as a comparison. Anyone that thinks a C6Z will run 12's @ 116 has lost their mind. So basically what you are saying is you could beat a C6Z with a moron behind the wheel? That can be said about any car on the planet. A stock C6Z is faaster than your car no question about it. I have seen SEVERAL people who have taken their stock C6Z's to the track for the FIRST time and run 11.5's-11.7's at 124-126. Just a word of advice for the future, DON'T base everything on magazines. Especially ones that say a C6Z will run times slower than what stock C5Z's run.

GTO30272

Established Member
Robz said:
Just for a comparo, I ran several 10.9x passes with 396rwhp/368rwtq in a c5Z.

Rob, you're not being fair to these guys. You're one of the top drivers in the Vette community and yes I would put money on you with a 100whp disadvantage against an '03+ Cobra. Just saying hi to another Cartek guy on an unusual forum for us to be on :beer:

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
DEAD EYE said:
I'm guessing thats a no, but I had to try :-D . You have a ROE twin screw dont you? Any vids of your snake? If not then make one, I'm sure everyone here would love to see some blown viper flyby's or races. :bowdown:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Why is it so hard for you guys to believe that Quik Z06 can pull on a Cobra with 100+hp. Givien these factors his car is probably 500lbs less in weight, hes is probably a better driver, and the drag coeficient on his Z06 is less than that of a Cobra. If you do not know how important air drag is I suggest you open a Fluid Mechanics books and do some "simple" calculations of the extra horsepower needed to over come a lower drag coeficent(this is assuming you know how to do Statics and can sum forces). Lets not forget about traction either.

I did not read anywhere where he said he could beat "ANY" pullied/ported Cobra.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
So you're pulling on a pullied Cobra with 450? or you're pulling on a ported/pullied Cobra with 500-ish?

I believe you can pull on a Cobra with 50-60 more at the tire. It's not unheard of for a strong well-driven Z06 to do so. Just means you have a sick Z06 and you can drive. I do have issue when claims are made that a stock C5Z06 pulled on a Cobra with 120 more to the tire.

I think Z06s are sweet and you've got two awesome cars. No hating here. Someone had mentioned earlier that you had pulled on a ported and pullied Cobra and they're usually up around 500 to the tire.
"Usually"? up around..I too many variables.....you have to remember there are multiple stage port jobs...and what Freaking size pulley? You are taking hte best scenario and going with it. 500 RWHP is a best case for a ported and pullied.....not the 'usual'.

ANd ALthough I wasn't there for these races.......I will believe Pete before I will believe 'Should's and Shouldn'ts'

Quik Z06

Established Member
Haha thanks guys, its funny though when 2 guys that were there (Me and Prey4me) witness said races and people still call bs.. Its cool I can accept when a car is faster, guess some people just cant.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well I couldnt find a vid of me at 490, so heres one with me at more power. I dont know what it was at the time, we had just installed the Whipple a couple weeks prior and was running an Amazon Mail tune. With that being said I know it wasnt at its full potential, but you know it was at least 500whp if not a bit more. I was in the Cobra and my wife in the Z, I started in 3rd and her in 2nd and we went up to about 135 or so. I dont want to hear "oh you cant drive, you werent shifting fast enough etc" I can drive and that was all the car had. Z06's are just badass imo. Im not trying to start $hit, just posting a decent vid for those who doubted our Z vs my Cobra :beer:

PS...I just uploaded the vid so it may take a while to show up.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/947ba7a4-4561-45ea-b834-995d006398df.htm

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
just posting a decent vid for those who doubted our Z vs my Cobra :beer:

Good vid.

I don't doubt it, I just have had different results.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Who cares what anyone says about C5 Zs? Just about everyone with a modded cobra has had runs with many of them.We all know for a fact that a well modded cobra eats them up because we have all done it.If we did a poll for how many modded cobras beat them the thread would be about 20 pages long.The internet is full of these videos.I dont even read the new kills about them anymore.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Well I couldnt find a vid of me at 490, so heres one with me at more power. I dont know what it was at the time, we had just installed the Whipple a couple weeks prior and was running an Amazon Mail tune. With that being said I know it wasnt at its full potential, but you know it was at least 500whp if not a bit more. I was in the Cobra and my wife in the Z, I started in 3rd and her in 2nd and we went up to about 135 or so. I dont want to hear "oh you cant drive, you werent shifting fast enough etc" I can drive and that was all the car had. Z06's are just badass imo. Im not trying to start $hit, just posting a decent vid for those who doubted our Z vs my Cobra :beer:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/947ba7a4-4561-45ea-b834-995d006398df.htm
Thats really not that hard to believe as I raced my upper/ported 498rwp cobra against a 550+rwp whipple cobra and I was out about 1 1/2 cars out on him from a 1st gear roll to about 110mph.I was not impressed at all.We never had a chance to race past there so probably he would have taken me on the top end.I dont think a twin screw cobra really shines till it is 600+rwp.I would be willing to bet a 500rwp eaton cobra>>500rwp whipple cobra!Also you said you were in 3rd gear to her 2nd gear.Any cobra owner should know 2nd gear in a 60ish roll is the money gear.:read:

Wild Bill

Established Member
In vegas we dont have the best conditions at the track with altitude and heat,but I will tell you it takes a great driver to break into the very high 12s in a stock C5 Z06 out here.Most will do low 13s due to the conditions.I have gone 11.8s in my cobra and my mph is a good 10mph better than the average stock C5 Z and I am a decent driver.

Quik Z06

Established Member
I agree with most of what you have said, but if I had started in 2nd I would have never passed her. In 2nd I spin way too bad, and would have been done. All im saying is most guys here think its impossible for a Z with 100hp less to keep up, its not I just dont see why people get so offended by it. I would have loved to have pulled our Z with just i/e, pulley and tune (and I thought I was) lol, it was a rude awakening for me.

Quik Z06

Established Member
lol, and yes Vegas does suck(the track) but so does ours Sacramento :( But luckily they are building a Vegas style track only 15 mins from me :)

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Tunedprt91 said:
^^^yea its fun. I dont care if i win or lose i do it for the fun. I dont want money or anything like that. Alot of people on here say vette owners are old and dont run....im the exact opposite lol.
I'm 52 and own a Mustang. :D
My car since I was a kid. I just love driving it.
Jeff

Tunedprt91

Established Member
CPViolation said:
I'm 52 and own a Mustang. :D
My car since I was a kid. I just love driving it.
Jeff
That's good 2 hear. I'm sure ill be the same way when I get that age(if god allows) its just here people don't talk about older stang drivers they just talk about vettes. they say vettes are for old mid life crisis guys who don't run the car. myself and a few people in this thread shows different.

Users who are viewing this thread