Z28 in the rear view

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
How about buzzzzzzzzzzzzed!!:D :D :D :D :D
:beer: :beer: , I'll drink to that kill!!!!!....of course I don't need a reason to drink........:thumbsup: :lol1:

Racehead

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Z28 in the rear view

Originally posted by Cullen Wharton

Absolutely, I believe it si called the "feeling good" state...........:thumbsup:

I've always thought of it as more of an "agreeable" state. They're much more agreeable to all sorts of things after a few Margueritas ... a street challenge, maybe that new set of headers, maybe a little ...... well .. you know;-)

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Z28 in the rear view

Originally posted by Racehead

I've always thought of it as more of an "agreeable" state. They're much more agreeable to all sorts of things after a few Margueritas ... a street challenge, maybe that new set of headers, maybe a little ...... well .. you know;-)

I KNOW....... Cheers............:beer: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dahubbster

Established Member
Racehead........No hard feelings on my end....getting toooooo old to even begin a grudge!! And poke all ya want....poke....is that even a good word to use when the spouse is in the same paragraph?? Been with her for 22 years and the honeymoon is definatley over!!
As for the Z.....it was my first decent kill.....was he a better driver or just decided too back off when he seen the COBRA?? Or was I the better driver.....probably not....But I DID HAVE THE BETTER CAR!!
And me exagerate.....now YOU SOUND just like the wife!!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I'm surprised that a mod would bother addressing my post
That's why we're called "moderators" ;-)

Too many problems with plausible kill stories degrading in this section, rather than keeping them in Smack Down, was what spurred my response.

This story has obviously been stretched, painted, rolled in flour, and taught to beg for food in Arabic!
I personally found this offensive, but I'll cut you some slack since you accept my "plausible" defense. :-D

Enjoy the site, and keep "ribbing", as long as the other member knows it's not a personal attack (or immediate call for B.S.)...

Later

BrentB

Established Member
Originally posted by Cullen Wharton

Recognize that it is an 03 Cobra.... Is that better Brent... Don't even get me started... I'll just be the bigger man and overlook that comment.....

Well sorry I wasnt sure what you were saying?No flame on Fords here.I love them oct 99 MM&FF check out my true street mustang.was a sweet ride.Ford did alot right to 03 and I give them cudo's.Still waiting on my chance to kill or be killed by one :rolling:
No harm no foul

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by BrentB

Well sorry I wasnt sure what you were saying?No flame on Fords here.I love them oct 99 MM&FF check out my true street mustang.was a sweet ride.Ford did alot right to 03 and I give them cudo's.Still waiting on my chance to kill or be killed by one :rolling:
No harm no foul

Hey, it's all good.... I have much respect for the FBods as well... They are strong runners, no denying that. It's actually a shame the pony car rivalry, is coming to an end??? At least for a short time period....

Grim's Reaper

Established Member
Don't worry Cullen, the pony rivalry has been over for years!!!
:coolman:
Look at the sales from the past 5 years of mustangs over camaros, firebirds, trans-ams :burn: :burn:
no contest!, GM wants to put all their eggs in one basket with their "cash cow" I mean corvette:uh oh: , Gee if I'm a GM executive that's exactly what I want to do....make another line of automobiles that only old balding men can afford:idea: :idea: :sleeping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :sleeping: :thumbsup: !!!!!! While my competition is cleaning up the market and selling twice as many cars.

StangD281

Established Member
While I whole-heartedly agree that sales are a clear cut win for Ford, the performance numbers for the cars have not been the same. The F-body has been dominating the STOCK for STOCK comparisons only until now. The 99+ models of SVT vehicles have clearly come armed for battle against the 99+ F-bodies, but the '03 Cobra has put them to shame. A stock mid-12 car is too much for GM's C5 Vette as well, and at a cheaper price.

It's a shame the "Muscle Car" war is shutting down for a while, but Chevy is promising a 350hp Z28 in the years to come that will run mid 12's, and at a comparable price. Should get interesting...

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
but Chevy is promising a 350hp Z28 in the years to come that will run mid 12's, and at a comparable price. Should get interesting...

They are? Where'd you here that?

Grim's Reaper

Established Member
I don't know about that stock 350 hp Z28,.....GM's stock SS didn't even come close to that hp rating and it was a $30k plus car.
You an correct about the early f-body years though, some stong runners by GM, but Ford learned what sells and how to engineer vehicles to their buyers needs and wants......MORE POWER from the SVT team and from FORD into the Stang, resulting in more car and better value for less $$$ than GM
:beer:

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee

They are? Where'd you here that?
I believe that was the last sentence of one of the early write-ups on the '03 Cobra. I dont have my magazine stack with me here at work, but I'll verify that one for ya later tonight ;-)
I believe it was slated for '05 production as well....

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by Grim's Reaper
I don't know about that stock 350 hp Z28,.....GM's stock SS didn't even come close to that hp rating and it was a $30k plus car.
The 2002 Camaro SS with the SLP package tallied 345hp. How is 350hp unrealistic??? Grim you know me, I am no GM fan in the least, but the numbers look like they add up. Yes it was $30k+, but so is the Cobra & the L, and they have blowers.

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Yes, I have read and heard about the return of the Z in 05'.... With a minimum of 350hp...... Should get interesting, and the numbers on the SLP upgrade is what they list 345hp.....

Grim's Reaper

Established Member
.....we will see '05 is still 3 years away, a lot can happen, Since we are playing the "WHAT IF" game here, maybe by than the cobra will have the 5.4 L supercharged engine????!!!!!

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
.....we will see '05 is still 3 years away, a lot can happen, Since we are playing the "WHAT IF" game here, maybe by than the cobra will have the 5.4 L supercharged engine????!!!!!

It is actually supposed to have a naturally aspirated 5.0l mod motor, producing well over 400hp....... NIIIIICE!!!!!! It will be getting interesting.. Hell, might have to get rid of mine......:-D

Grim's Reaper

Established Member
yeah well, put me first on that buying list:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
........regardless of what propaganda GM throws out to the media, FORD will have an answer to it!!:burnout:

SweetSVTCobra01

Established Member

Geez I was just flamed in another thread for calling BS that stock LS1's pull over 300 to the rear wheels. People said LS1's pull from 300 to 320 to the rear wheels stock. (Some LS1's) I'm surprised no one jumped on your back.

Sh*t if that's true, then stock LS1's have been seriously underrated. Some have had 350 - 370 at the crank this whole time. WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread