Z28 in the rear view

Dahubbster

Established Member
The spouse says "lets go for a ride"......no argument here!! Lets try the back road out of town, divided four lane out of Gillette WY. Putzing along about 40~45 and just went to 4th (I know, I know, shoulda been in 2nd). Roll up on a new Z28 and had NO idea he wanted to run.......welll as I look over to my right (just checking out the spouse, of course), he decides to GO. Kinda catches me off guard and gets the jump on me. Pulls a car length ahead and jumps into my lane, guess he had to to avoid the pick-em-up truck in his lane.

Welllll, that didn't set very well with the snake, dropped to 2nd and let her fly, as I passed the truck hit 3rd and jumped into the right lane (It was either that or push the Z down the road!!)
Don't much remember 4th but did hear the spouse complaining that we just passed the century mark and the Z car was nowhere in sight......Oh there he is about six lengths back and falling fast.
OK dear, yes dear, I AM slowing down!!

Stopped a couple of miles down the road for a chat. The Z man didn't notice the snake badge and thought he was beating up on the shiny new sonic blue GT running around town.

Thumbs up and high fives around and he promises he that he will take a CLOSER look next time!!

Mowgli

Established Member
Good kill most Z's around here driven by women. Dunno why. Seems more than base Camaros even.

Racehead

Established Member
Soooo, he gets the jump from 45 mph, pulls on you enough to pull into your lane, and by 100 mph you have 6 car lengths . You do realize that it's going to take all of 6 seconds to get from 45 mph to 100 mph right ? It must be pretty cool for you to have 800 rwhp :rollseyes

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Racehead
Soooo, he gets the jump from 45 mph, pulls on you enough to pull into your lane, and by 100 mph you have 6 car lengths . You do realize that it's going to take all of 6 seconds to get from 45 mph to 100 mph right ? It must be pretty cool for you to have 800 rwhp :rollseyes
That would make sense, but I read it three times and he said nothing about 6 seconds..............

BTW Nice Kill in a '03, glad to see the chevy and ford can get along :)

Hub,

so you must have been headed toward my favorite town in the whole wide world, Buffalo Wyoming

Dahubbster

Established Member
Nope...heading the other way towards the Black Hills of S.D.

FYI Racehead...glad you did the math, I was too busy driving......Been out of this car thing for a while....Busy working for Our Uncle Sam overseas and Alaska...so to be completely honest it may have only been five car lengths and was I doing 100+....you bet .....I still have a sore right ear from the spouse reminding me repeatedly......I'm sure that as I become more proficient....unless I'm in jail.....I will have the details nailed down a little better.
Thanks for keeping up with the math.......

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by Dahubbster
.......welll as I look over to my right (just checking out the spouse, of course),

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was good!!

Nice kill:beer:

Racehead

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
That would make sense, but I read it three times and he said nothing about 6 seconds..............

I never said that HE said it took 6 seconds .... I said it took 6 seconds,as in me,myself, get it ? As in it takes a 300 rwhp car 6 seconds to accelerate from 45 to 100 mph :) Let me spell out my position more clearly . If a 370-380 rwhp and a 300 rwhp car race from a 45 mph roll, but the 300 rwhp car gets a jump good enough that he can pull into the 370 rwhp cars lane. By the time that the 370 rwhp car stops his pull they are going at least 75-80 mph. That gives the 370 rwhp car roughly 20 mph more to pull 6 cars :rolleyes: OK let's say 5 cars since the story has now changed. OK let's say 5 cars and they went to 110 mph instead of 100 mph. Still isn't going to happen without 800 rwhp.Keep in mind that we're talking about 2 cars that are only .5 seconds, or 5 car lengths apart in an entire standing start 1/4 mile !

I don't doubt that he pulled on the car, but I'm 40 yrs old and have been street racing since I was 15,I've got 100's of races under my belt and I think I can tell when a circumstance has been stretched like a vagina after a 12 lb baby. I know that if I let a GT 'Stang get the kind of jump he's talking about, even though I've got 80 more rwhp than he does( I've got 340 rwhp ), I won't be going by him until probably well after 90 mph and won't pull a car length until 100+ if then.

This story has obviously been stretched, painted, rolled in flour, and taught to beg for food in Arabic ! :shrug:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
This story has obviously been stretched, painted, rolled in flour, and taught to beg for food in Arabic ! :shrug:
The story is plausible and he had a witness...

Please reserve calling B.S. for the Smack Down forum, I will not allow this to degrade into a pissing contest.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
maybe it was one of those 3.8 Z-28's........ :p

no hard feelings racehead couldnt figure out what you ment, thats why I called you on it......

-Zach

Feel free to troll our site, just dont degrade the mustang guys:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Feel free to reign some smack down on fellow chebby owners (*note that would include me, being a former LT-1 owner):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Racehead

Established Member
I'm surprised that a mod would bother addressing my post. Although I did call BS on the exact details of the kill, I didn't call BS on the kill itself. Plus I feel that I made very lucid, concise, non-inflamatory, non-insulting, and at least somewhat entertaining arguments to support my points. If it makes anyone feel any better, I've called BS on more LS1 kills than any others, and I never flame anyone.

Since we know that he couldn't have even stopped his pull until 75-80 mph, and we know he was at least 2 cars behind when he did = 1 length is nose to tail, and 1 length to have room to pull into his lane. And since we know he said that he pulled 5-6 lengths ahead by 100+ mph, then by default we know that he's telling us that in the span of time it takes for an '03 Cobra to accelerate from 45 mph to 100+ mph ( maybe 7-8 seconds )he stopped the pull of a car that's going maybe 5 mph faster than him and then made up 7-8 car lengths !

OK you're right,I can see it now.Why wasn't it obvious to me before ? Plausible ? Yep, that's the word that I'd pick too ! :D

OK I'm done now.

Racehead

Established Member
Name calling and insults aren't acceptable here. I for one, knew what you meant, and appreciate that you haven't taken the opportunity to properly flame him back thus destroying this post. Good job:)

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Name calling and insults aren't acceptable here. I for one, knew what you meant, and appreciate that you haven't taken the opportunity to properly flame him back thus destroying this post. Good job:)

Thank you for understanding. I had an issue with another individual prior to this (FBod owner), and got carried away between the FBods and our beloved... Respect is key......

Racehead

Established Member
Originally posted by Dahubbster
The spouse says "lets go for a ride"......no argument here!! Lets try the back road out of town, divided four lane out of Gillette WY. Putzing along about 40~45 and just went to 4th (I know, I know, shoulda been in 2nd). Roll up on a new Z28 and had NO idea he wanted to run.......welll as I look over to my right (just checking out the spouse, of course), he decides to GO. Kinda catches me off guard and gets the jump on me. Pulls a car length ahead and jumps into my lane, guess he had to to avoid the pick-em-up truck in his lane.

Welllll, that didn't set very well with the snake, dropped to 2nd and let her fly, as I passed the truck hit 3rd and jumped into the right lane (It was either that or push the Z down the road!!)
Don't much remember 4th but did hear the spouse complaining that we just passed the century mark and the Z car was nowhere in sight......Oh there he is about six lengths back and falling fast.
OK dear, yes dear, I AM slowing down!!

Stopped a couple of miles down the road for a chat. The Z man didn't notice the snake badge and thought he was beating up on the shiny new sonic blue GT running around town.

Thumbs up and high fives around and he promises he that he will take a CLOSER look next time!!

I hope you don't mind too much that I'm kind of "poking a few holes" in your story ? It was a good kill, and you have a beautiful car.But if we can't "poke each other in the ribs" every once in a while then there's not much point in having differant cars right ? Anyway I hope your not taking me too seriously. I'm sure we'd get along just fine in person, even though we'd have to go up and down the street a few times to iron out a few details;-)

PS I understand the wife thing 1000%, if you can, give her a few drinks before any street "event". I've found it makes them much more agreeable:lol:

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Re: Re: Z28 in the rear view

PS I understand the wife thing 1000%, if you can, give her a few drinks before any street "event". I've found it makes them much more agreeable:lol:

However, too many drinks could make things a little messy.. Especially at higher speeds.....:xpl: :lol:

Racehead

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Z28 in the rear view

Originally posted by Cullen Wharton

However, too many drinks could make things a little messy.. Especially at higher speeds.....:xpl: :lol:

There is, of course, that fine line ......:)

Users who are viewing this thread