Z28 in the rear view

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by SweetSVTCobra01

Geez I was just flamed in another thread for calling BS that stock LS1's pull over 300 to the rear wheels. People said LS1's pull from 300 to 320 to the rear wheels stock. (Some LS1's) I'm surprised no one jumped on your back.

Sh*t if that's true, then stock LS1's have been seriously underrated. Some have had 350 - 370 at the crank this whole time. WTF?

They are known to pull 300+ to the rear wheels........ What thread????

BrentB

Established Member
Well dollar for dollar I bought GM,reasons Being
1. I get GM Discount
2.Performance
3.After owning my Vette I came to love the LS1 engine.

If you guys want to know why I love it so much look at the design of it, 6 bolt mains,15 deg heads, Heads that are built just like a FORD!!!And they make excellent power,
Mine only made 290hp at the back wheels stock,but then again mine is an auto. SO I would guess around 360 at the crank these engines have always been underrated.
And most importantly I bought my Z28 off the lot for 18,000.00 brand new,How could I ask for a better car new for the dollar?

StangD281

Established Member
No one ever mentioned RWHP on this thread until the last two posts. We were simply stating the "rated" numbers for the SS. No flames were thrown from what I could see....:shrug:

BrentB

Established Member
Man you guys are sensitive was I flaming? I wasnt trying to.:)
just stated my reasons why I went to an Fbody .
:punch:

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Actually there is no "Offical" Team Camaro at Chevy as of right now.....Which means by the time a team is developed and the car goes through R&D would mean a '06 or so release of a new Camaro....If and when a new car is released it should be at about 400 Crank HP...This is all depending on what the new 'Vette will be......Chevy wants the 'Vette to be Viper territory with the C6 so you have to figure close to 500HP which would mean a 400HP Camaro wouldn't be so far out of the picture.....

The '01 and up Camaro's and Trans Am's have been pushing close to 320 (way underated HP closer to 350-360) for the last 2 years which means that a 350HP Camaro would actually be the same exact car......

Just letting you SVT guys know what you might have to be dealing with in a few years.......;-)

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Well I think I may have found a way to keep the Camaro and go to school at the sametime, just need to see how it works.....Don't worry by the time I'm ready to buy new cars, I will have both a F-Body and a SVT in the garage...Hopefully...:D

In garage door one-----'06 SVT Ford Lightning
In garage door two-----'06 SVT Ford Mustang w/ new 5.0
In garage door three---'06 Chevy Camaro w/ LS6
In garage door four-----'06 GMC Denali w/ 4X4

Ahhhhh a guy can dream can't he...:shrug:

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
In garage door one-----'06 SVT Ford Lightning
In garage door two-----'06 SVT Ford Mustang w/ new 5.0
In garage door three---'06 Chevy Camaro w/ LS6
In garage door four-----'06 GMC Denali w/ 4X4

Ahhhhh a guy can dream can't he...:shrug:
I have that dream too....just different cars filling the slots in the garage! I like door #1 & #2....I think there will be an M5 behind door #3, and a Range behind door #4. You never know what will be residing on the SECOND FLOOR of the garage though ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread