z28 vs 2003 cobra

duckfood

SVT03
Established Member
this was probably the best race ever for me. two guys in a z28 were tailing me all the way down the highway. i did not think too much of it and took my exit. i don't know what they had all i could see and hear was the exhaust. the guys tailed me closely all the way until we reach a stop light. due to traffic they were right behind me. there is a back road on the way to my house thats just perfect. i figured they would tail me to teh road. but teh guy has to show off, cutting through traffic to jump in front of me and rev his engine. so, eventually i am behind him. we get to the road and I put on my blinker to show him where i am going and he goes for it. he turns onto the road and i follow.

i stay in second as i move into the open lane and he guns it? why not just wait to line up? in any case, i floor it and actually got ok traction. he had a car on me before we hit and actually put another half a car on me after. but i reeled him in very quickly and started pulling until i had a car then we had to shut down due to a curve in the road. as we are in the curve we even out, as we exit we are side by side and go at it again. we were still crusing through the curve pretty fast--i should have slowed more--but still managed to beat him. i shut down by 1.5 cars. the guys were very cool. the driver gave a thumbs up before i had to make my turn. i saw the other guy laughing and pumping his fist. there were two really good runs.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
Camaro was under a deathwish
That would be a bold statement especially where I am in Ga. Most of the people in Camaros around here you don't want to mess with.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
ReducedFat said:
I'm sure there's lots of people who would say the same thing about Mach 1's.

Not supercharged mach 1's, well actually any mach1's. I have read somewhere on the web 04 mach1 stock 1/4 is 13.2. Do you see any ls1 stock times hitting that. Maybe an ss but ,most of the time they are around 13.3-13.4 stock. My cousin has a supercharged mach 1 with exhaust only runnin 7-8 psi trapping 124mph in the 1/4. He kills this kid with this ls1 that has a head and cam package around here.

Last edited:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
To the thread poster nice kill man :) :thumbsup:

98Sn8ke said:
Not supercharged mach 1's, well actually any mach1's. I have read somewhere on the web 04 mach1 stock 1/4 is 13.2. Do you see any ls1 stock times hitting that. Maybe an ss but ,most of the time they are around 13.3-13.4 stock.
I do love it when fools talk out of their arses.

1st off an SS, WS6, Trans Am, Z28, Formula (you getting it yet) all have the SAME engine. So they are all capable of the same speed. As they all have the same BHP. GM may well have marketed different numbers but that's all it was MARKETING.

As for Mach 1's clocking 13.2's YES I believe it, but just because you've seen it written ONCE doesn't mean all Mach 1's clock 13.2 all of the time. Just as Fbody's don't clock their potential best all of the time either.

12.9 is perfectly doable from an M6 Fbody @ 107-109mph STOCK

A 3.23 auto will be a bit slower maybe 13.4-5 @ 104-106mph STOCK

A 2.73 auto will be the slowest down the 1320 due to gearing. 13.5-7 @ 102-3mph is nearer the mark STOCK

But just because they are capable doesn't mean they will each and every time.

A Terminator is capable of mid 12's @ 113-4mph STOCK but not every one all of the time acheives this.

2128988_6_full.jpg

98Sn8ke said:
My cousin has a supercharged mach 1 with exhaust only runnin 7-8 psi trapping 124mph in the 1/4. He kills this kid with this ls1 that has a head and cam package around here.
I'm not going to call BS, but just an exhaust and 7-8psi from a supercharger in a Mach 1 and a 124mph trap. That sounds very very very stout. I can't see Termintaors doing that using the same rwhp that that Mach is putting out.

Sounds like a nice car, but are you sure you have the trap speed correct. Or do they perhaphs have more mods??? I mean how much rwhp is a Mach 1 with 7-8psi and an exhaust putting out?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
ReducedFat said:
I'm sure there's lots of people who would say the same thing about Mach 1's.

Yes, because everyone knows that Z28s are Uber cool compared to a Mustang.

Wait, which car is still in production?

And to thread starter... if he were behind you, how could you see the exhaust? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread