z28 vs 2003 cobra

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
ford_racer said:
Wait, which car is still in production?
umm that's original. How many days did it take for you to think it up??? :nonono: :nonono: :loser:

Oh yeah just an FYI Ford doesn't make the Mach 1 or the sn95 anylonger either!!!!!!!!!!

Not that it bothers me, hell if I only owned cars that where still in production then I'd miss out on like 99% of the greatest cars ever produced.

03CobraDude

300bhp/ton said:
umm that's original. How many days did it take for you to think it up??? :nonono: :nonono: :loser:

Oh yeah just an FYI Ford doesn't make the Mach 1 or the sn95 anylonger either!!!!!!!!!!

Not that it bothers me, hell if I only owned cars that where still in production then I'd miss out on like 99% of the greatest cars ever produced.

you guys sound like you're still in Highschool... haha!! I love sarcasm!

Great kill, once again...

doodad

Banned
LS1 z28/ trans am/formulas are slower then 03-04 cobras..
LS1 z28/trans am/formulas are faster than 06 stang GT and less.

good kill.. l wonder why they wanted to mess with a cobra...

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
ford_racer said:
Yes, because everyone knows that Z28s are Uber cool compared to a Mustang.

And to thread starter... if he were behind you, how could you see the exhaust? :shrug:
Ouch!
Still waiting for a new Z28/SS.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
03CobraConvert said:
you guys sound like you're still in Highschool... haha!! I love sarcasm!

Great kill, once again...

I am still in high school. In fact, I'm in 3rd period right now :rockon:

300bhp/ton said:

You are right, the Mach1 isn't in production anymore, but the Mustang is. That's more than you can say for your Camaro.

And don't say "But they are bringing it back!" because if it were a good enough car, they wouldn't have to bring it back, it would still be here.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
98Sn8ke said:
Not supercharged mach 1's, well actually any mach1's. I have read somewhere on the web 04 mach1 stock 1/4 is 13.2. Do you see any ls1 stock times hitting that. Maybe an ss but ,most of the time they are around 13.3-13.4 stock. My cousin has a supercharged mach 1 with exhaust only runnin 7-8 psi trapping 124mph in the 1/4. He kills this kid with this ls1 that has a head and cam package around here.

Your an idiot, an SS is the same thing as a Z28. They have no power difference, infact an SS has about 50 more lbs. of weight due to the spoiler, hood, and Wheels.

I see stock LS1's running low 13's all the time. I have seen Mach's do the exact same thing but only with drag radials or Slicks cutting a 1.6 60'.

Give me break I could't care less about your cousins brothers friends car, talk to me when you drive the car and don't just take what he says as truth.

The Mach 1 consistantly dynos out at 285-95 HP stock LS1's at 3580 dyno anywhere from 300 -320 stock.

To the original thread poster:

Sorry about the mess I don't want to steal away from your glory. I enjoyed the read and congrats on the race sounds like you showed him a good ole fashioned country ass whipping. :thumbsup:

doodad

Banned
Whitten said:
Your an idiot, an SS is the same thing as a Z28. They have no power difference, infact an SS has about 50 more lbs. of weight due to the spoiler, hood, and Wheels.

I see stock LS1's running low 13's all the time. I have seen Mach's do the exact same thing but only with drag radials or Slicks cutting a 1.6 60'.

Give me break I could't care less about your cousins brothers friends car, talk to me when you drive the car and don't just take what he says as truth.

The Mach 1 consistantly dynos out at 285-95 HP stock LS1's at 3580 dyno anywhere from 300 -320 stock.

To the original thread poster:

Sorry about the mess I don't want to steal away from your glory. I enjoyed the read and congrats on the race sounds like you showed him a good ole fashioned country ass whipping. :thumbsup:

no man... ss and ws6 s have just a little bit more hp. like 5-10 hp. which means nothing.. z28 and ss have almost the same power.. they would run almost the same time.. but ss has a tiny little bit more power.

also LS1 cars running low 13s and even with great driver and great condition they run high 12s.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
doodad said:
no man... ss and ws6 s have just a little bit more hp. like 5-10 hp. which means nothing.. z28 and ss have almost the same power.. they would run almost the same time.. but ss has a tiny little bit more power.

also LS1 cars running low 13s and even with great driver and great condition they run high 12s.

Respectfully I will disagree with you.

My SS actually put out less power then my friends Z28 when they were stock. I had several other friends with LS1's that had the same thing happen to them. Hell my buddy with his C5 Coupe put out less power then I did. But the deal here is that Chevy underated the motors for the F-bods and Over rated them for the Vette's. They claim that the vette had a different cam then the F-bods but that wasn't true...the cam had identical lift and durations..it was the same cam often times the same part number. It is all about marketing.

Only the SLP SS's came with air lids so that means that for the rest of us with normal SS's we grab air the exact same way as a Z-28 does...through the same restrictive air box. The only difference in air travel is that the air on the SS gets to pass through the Uterin horns of death (the stupidest design in automotive ram air history).

I can promise you with great certainty that the only difference between my car and a Z-28 is astehtics...which I am glad that I didn't pay the extra sticker for. At any rate when you mod them that whole issue become mute. My SS with a Cam, headers, tune, and cutout made just at 390 Hp to the ground. I loved that car, it was so much fun.

Last edited:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Whitten said:
That would be a bold statement especially where I am in Ga. Most of the people in Camaros around here you don't want to mess with.

I believe you. I'm down in Savannah, GA and there's plenty of F-BOD's around here that are lethal as well as Cobra's. There's a 8 or 9 second street Camaro Iroc-Z running around here :bowdown:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I'll tell ya what boys it is a good time to be a gear head. There are plenty of options for us out there. And for people like me who aren't brand specific it makes this new muscle car revolution an amazing time.

Great race and keep it up..."everytime a a muscle car wins a ricer losses his wing."
~Me

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
ford_racer said:
I am still in high school. In fact, I'm in 3rd period right now :rockon:

You are right, the Mach1 isn't in production anymore, but the Mustang is. That's more than you can say for your Camaro.

And don't say "But they are bringing it back!" because if it were a good enough car, they wouldn't have to bring it back, it would still be here.
Honestly dood how old are you? 12? 13?

I couldn't give a flying f*ck if the Fbody hadn't been made for 10 years plus, it's still a good car. As for the new one, well I don't like the look of it.

Don't be dick and assume I'm as narrow minded as you. Check my CT "I just like cars". Last time I checked Ford made cars which I like, hence I'm on this website.

And if you're so proud that the Mustang never went out of production take a look at thr 70's when the King Cobra 5.0 V8 only had ~134bhp GREAT times weren't they

Or you could try growing up and realising the world is bigger and more diverse than 20 miles from your own back yard! :rolleyes:

duckfood

SVT03
Established Member
ford_racer said:
Yes, because everyone knows that Z28s are Uber cool compared to a Mustang.

And to thread starter... if he were behind you, how could you see the exhaust? :shrug:

I mentioned that he past me in traffic after we got off the highway. i then started to follow him. i saw his exhaust then. they keep looking back at me so I put on my blinker to indicated where I was going if he were game for a run.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
To the thread poster nice kill man :) :thumbsup:

I do love it when fools talk out of their arses.

1st off an SS, WS6, Trans Am, Z28, Formula (you getting it yet) all have the SAME engine. So they are all capable of the same speed. As they all have the same BHP. GM may well have marketed different numbers but that's all it was MARKETING.

As for Mach 1's clocking 13.2's YES I believe it, but just because you've seen it written ONCE doesn't mean all Mach 1's clock 13.2 all of the time. Just as Fbody's don't clock their potential best all of the time either.

12.9 is perfectly doable from an M6 Fbody @ 107-109mph STOCK

A 3.23 auto will be a bit slower maybe 13.4-5 @ 104-106mph STOCK

A 2.73 auto will be the slowest down the 1320 due to gearing. 13.5-7 @ 102-3mph is nearer the mark STOCK

But just because they are capable doesn't mean they will each and every time.

A Terminator is capable of mid 12's @ 113-4mph STOCK but not every one all of the time acheives this.

2128988_6_full.jpg

I'm not going to call BS, but just an exhaust and 7-8psi from a supercharger in a Mach 1 and a 124mph trap. That sounds very very very stout. I can't see Termintaors doing that using the same rwhp that that Mach is putting out.

Sounds like a nice car, but are you sure you have the trap speed correct. Or do they perhaphs have more mods??? I mean how much rwhp is a Mach 1 with 7-8psi and an exhaust putting out?

First off I know that if you put ss's on a dyno they could do the same as a z28 but the fact is, is that SS's do have more hp. Look on edmunds.com at used car specs you can see it for yourself. If both cars were in perfect running condition the ss would put down more power. Yea i know its the same motor, but they come equipped with different things brand new. Dont SS's come with slp exhaust brand new. Im not being smart but i think they do. And as far as my cousins mach 1 goes, this is for you too WHITTEN, my cousins car put down 463 at the wheels at 8psi after tooning. I forgot to mention he has 410's which really doesnt change much and i saw him run 124mph in person. So WHITTEN i dont have to believe what he says, i saw it for my self. His time was an ugly 12.4 cause he was on street tires. if i can get my hands on the dyno, and the video he has of the run ill post em. And also for you saying you see stock mach1's running low 13's with d/r's, he ran 13.28 bone stock. I also saw that.

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Whitten said:
That would be a bold statement especially where I am in Ga. Most of the people in Camaros around here you don't want to mess with.

Your the one who had to start this stupid ass gm against ford thing. yea maybe where your from that would be a bold statement but he was just saying that THAT CAMARO had a death wish. Not the ones around where you live. everyone knows there is badass camaro's out there. If everyone here wanted to here people like you saying stupid shit like that then we would go to f-body hideout or anyother f-body sight. No we are on a cobra sight so when you say something like that you have to expect a responce. I dont go on f-body sights and reply to camaros that walk 03-04 cobras sayin that there are a lot of bad ass cobra's from where i live and reply to there shit talking about cobra's saying those would be bold statements in my town. Your the f****** idiot. Muscle cars are muscle cars just fu***** leave it at that. I dont hate GM cars, i actually like them a lot, its just some of the people that drive them are jerks.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Honestly dood how old are you? 12? 13?

I couldn't give a flying f*ck if the Fbody hadn't been made for 10 years plus, it's still a good car. As for the new one, well I don't like the look of it.

Don't be dick and assume I'm as narrow minded as you. Check my CT "I just like cars". Last time I checked Ford made cars which I like, hence I'm on this website.

And if you're so proud that the Mustang never went out of production take a look at thr 70's when the King Cobra 5.0 V8 only had ~134bhp GREAT times weren't they

Or you could try growing up and realising the world is bigger and more diverse than 20 miles from your own back yard! :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHA way to go internet tough guy! You realize that calling people names, ESPECIALLY over the internet, only reflects on your intelligence, not anyone elses. It's funny that you have to resort to name calling and remarks about my age instead of proving your point.

I never said F-bodies weren't great cars, did I? I don't see any comments of mine calling f-bodies bad cars. I like them, just not as much as Mustangs. I'm just making a point that if the public liked the Camaro as much as you do, it might have survived... but then again, it didn't. The Mustang is still around. See a correlation between the two?

OK OK my turn at this whole character assassination thing. And you can't call me an idiot or anything because I am only doing as you do, so therefore you would be calling yourself an idiot. Here we go:

You tell me not to be a dick and assume that you don't like Fords, but then you assume that I bash F-bods. So, by your logic, you are a dick. Either you are a dick, or your logic is flawed, you choose.

How much horsepower did the Camaro have in the 70s when the King Cobra had 170? Did it have the same as it does now? No, just like the Mustang doesn't.

You assume I know nothing because I am in highschool, and you call me narrow minded? That's bold.

Just think harder next time and try not to contradict yourself :beer:

CORRECTIONS!!!!:
1. There are no 12 year olds in highschool, unless they were in advanced placement programs. 13 and 14 year olds are freshmen.

2. DUDE! Not dood.

3. Realizing, not realizing.

Just trying to give you some pointers...

And by the way, I'm 18.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
98Sn8ke said:
First off I know that if you put ss's on a dyno they could do the same as a z28 but the fact is, is that SS's do have more hp. Look on edmunds.com at used car specs you can see it for yourself. If both cars were in perfect running condition the ss would put down more power. Yea i know its the same motor, but they come equipped with different things brand new. Dont SS's come with slp exhaust brand new. Im not being smart but i think they do. And as far as my cousins mach 1 goes, this is for you too WHITTEN, my cousins car put down 463 at the wheels at 8psi after tooning. I forgot to mention he has 410's which really doesnt change much and i saw him run 124mph in person. So WHITTEN i dont have to believe what he says, i saw it for my self. His time was an ugly 12.4 cause he was on street tires. if i can get my hands on the dyno, and the video he has of the run ill post em. And also for you saying you see stock mach1's running low 13's with d/r's, he ran 13.28 bone stock. I also saw that.

Good for your cousin but that doesn't change the fact that your refering to Edmunds for your knowledge here and all that is going to do is give you the factory advertised power...kinda like how they advertised 390 Hp with the 03 Cobras and some of them dynoed at that number to the wheels and some dyned out at 330.

SS's were availible to you through Chevy dealerships as Chevy SS's. The truth is that SLP made the SS's for GM. They had an appearance package and that is basicly it....now you could buy An SLP badged SS with an air lid, exhaust, and even Bilstein shocks. Theses were offered as if they were specialy built by SLP but in truth all were.

In the end you have a car with the exact same everything just different hood and that is about the only thing that might possibly effect performance, and that would only be true if the car was moving and "Raming the air".

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
98Sn8ke said:
Your the one who had to start this stupid ass gm against ford thing. yea maybe where your from that would be a bold statement but he was just saying that THAT CAMARO had a death wish. Not the ones around where you live. everyone knows there is badass camaro's out there. If everyone here wanted to here people like you saying stupid shit like that then we would go to f-body hideout or anyother f-body sight. No we are on a cobra sight so when you say something like that you have to expect a responce. I dont go on f-body sights and reply to camaros that walk 03-04 cobras sayin that there are a lot of bad ass cobra's from where i live and reply to there shit talking about cobra's saying those would be bold statements in my town. Your the f****** idiot. Muscle cars are muscle cars just fu***** leave it at that. I dont hate GM cars, i actually like them a lot, its just some of the people that drive them are jerks.

Wow a little testy aren't we...

Hold your cheerios there guy, it was all in the interest of a good conversation here no need for you to get in a twist and start getting angry and quote Edmunds (sorry had to).

I am appauled that you would call me a Jerk because I drive a Gm car from time to time. :cryying: I drive them all bud, and when I say all I mean all. I love every muscle car there is and for what it is. Don't think so narrowly of me just because I happen to know just as much about both cars. I just have some very deep roots in the Muscle car world and happen to be around them a whole lot so I know when people are using info that they heard or got from an internet site.

Seriously don't get so mad about this and don't say things that you don't are absolutely truthful like facts and figures about a car you are lible to get your called on it.

Nick85

Banned
Here's my question...why do so many threads on this site become bitching matches? Seems like everyone on here knows more than the other guy. Low IQ's? Small penis? Must be something.

GH1086

Established Member
Nick85 said:
Here's my question...why do so many threads on this site become bitching matches? Seems like everyone on here knows more than the other guy. Low IQ's? Small penis? Must be something.

It's mostly a few retards who really don't know what they're talking about but still insist they're right even when clearly proven wrong by people like 300bhp/ton. What I really found classic was ford_racer correcting the spelling on 300bhp/ton's post, I hoped ford_racer realises (the "S" is on purpose) that 300bhp/ton is from England.

Last edited:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
98Sn8ke said:
First off I know that if you put ss's on a dyno they could do the same as a z28 but the fact is, is that SS's do have more hp.
Go to Ls1Tech.com and post a thread stating that and see how people laugh at you, seriously don't take my word for go and find out.

98Sn8ke said:
Look on edmunds.com at used car specs you can see it for yourself.
This will just be "rated" power same as the GM gumff that would have been displayed in the brouchers at the time. It is not an accurate reflection.

98Sn8ke said:
If both cars were in perfect running condition the ss would put down more power.
Once again Ls1tech.com

98Sn8ke said:
Yea i know its the same motor, but they come equipped with different things brand new. Dont SS's come with slp exhaust brand new.
The only difference is a form of ram air which will make zero odds on a dyno and not a great difference on the road at speeds below 120mph.

and yes the exhaust is slightly different, but it's still of stock nature and not at all like an aftermarket catback.

If there is any difference it's too small amount to realise in reality.

Users who are viewing this thread