Z28 vs. cam'd GT?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Ben99GT said:
I gave you 2 examples. Putnam picked up 22 rwhp from cams alone. Your response, "oh but he had a tune as well." If you would have paid attention you would know he ALSO he his car tuned BEFORE the cams and needed a retune to maintain a decent A/F ratio. He didn't gain anything from the tune, genius, just corrected for the cams.

A/F adjustment do make a difference. Maintaining a better fuel curve makes for a better powerband....I gained 22 RWHP on A/F adjustments ALONE. Don't believe me?......I'll give you the number of my tuner....very reputable here in CA.

Ben99GT said:
No, no it won't, not even close. You sound like one of those douchebags running around trying to tell people CAIs are worth 10 horsepower on a 2V GT. The parts companies love people like you, they see you coming from a mile away. :lol:

Maybe the 2V setup is that bad.....CAI's DO increase HP. PLenty of mach owners have seen them. So, no, he is not lying. Maybe with your setup.

Ben99GT said:
Maybe you should get informed before running your mouth!
You need to take your own advice. Your setup is not the end all to everyone else's car. Maybe you just used a crappy CAI.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
QuikGT said:
i think he'll whoop you pretty bad from a Roll.... Dig, forget about it....Dan by minimum 3-4lengths from a roll...
You don't know what I have been cooking lately.. Shit has changed alot since we ran.. hahahaha It's hunting season and Smokey is on the prowl.

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
are u kidding me?? i know that it will get you at least 12-15rwhp from power plenum and throttle body alone...

Well, no, a Plenum/TB isn't worth 15 rwhp, you're wrong again.

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=38

But back to the topic at hand, the guy that got 32 rwhp from Comp 270s added a C&L TRUE FLOW INLET TUBE....NOT a PLENUM! Can't you read? He already had an Accufab plenum/TB. As I've already tried to explain to you, inlet tubes are worth nothing by themselves. Do you need this proven as well because quite frankly this is getting old.

i mean i did own a 2v.....and i did have those parts on there and it did run 8.0s @ 92mph....

so wheres ur slip?

I have no need to prove anything to you. Read into that as you will, I'll let you hang yourself on that one. But I will do this one thing for you: here's a view no 6-cylinder LS1 will ever see in the rear view.

th_Mustangfrontview.jpg

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
A/F adjustment do make a difference. Maintaining a better fuel curve makes for a better powerband....I gained 22 RWHP on A/F adjustments ALONE. Don't believe me?......I'll give you the number of my tuner....very reputable here in CA.

You can't apply 4V results to 2Vs, it doesn't work. 2Vs get very little power from a tune on a bolt on n/a car. Besides, Putnam had his car tuned before cams and simply retuned after cams.

Maybe the 2V setup is that bad.....CAI's DO increase HP. PLenty of mach owners have seen them. So, no, he is not lying. Maybe with your setup.

Simple mods increase power on a 4V, why do you think I switched? CAIs are worth very little on a 2V. The stock stuff isn't much of a restriction for the amount of a air a 2V flows, but as I've already explained, the gains come from eliminating the stock aribox, NOT the inlet tube.

You need to take your own advice. Your setup is not the end all to everyone else's car. Maybe you just used a crappy CAI.

Here we go. I used the stock inlet with open element K&N filter, C&L True Flow, and the JLT RAI. Using you Mach as a basis for how mods work on 2Vs is uselesss, because quite frankly they take to mods differently, mainly in that the Mach responds to simple mods better.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
THANK YOU for shedding some light on this tard....

i gained 7rwhp from the cai intake ALONE in my 2v....

Who's the 'tard? No one has debated CAIs in this thread but this is to be expected since you can't seem to read.

I've explained the INLET TUBES are worth NOTHING on 2Vs. The gains people do see from CAIs come mainly from eliminating the stock air box, not the inlet tube.

Here's what I originally posted on 10-28-2006 at 9:31 PM:

Ben99GT said:
C&L Trueflows are worth exactly 0 hp in most apps, I've *never* seen an air inlet tube pick up anything on a 2V ON IT'S OWN. Quite frankly, the inlet tube isn't a restriction on a 2V, the only air inlet restriction (other than plenum) on a 2V is the stock airbox and that's where the gain comes from on most cold air kits. And even then, no cold air kit on the earth is worth 14 rwhp on a n/a 2V, nowhere near it. I mean nowhere near it.

As you can see, I've changed nothing because I haven't needed to. Somehow you've gone from talking about inlet tubes, to plenums and CAIs, to plenum/TBs back to CAIs.

Regardless, most 2V cams are worth 20-30 rwhp with stock PI heads. The fact that you don't know this just shows just how little you know about 2Vs, I can't believe I'm forced to explain this since it's such common knowledge.

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
Ben99GT said:
No, no it won't, not even close. You sound like one of those douchebags running around trying to tell people CAIs are worth 10 horsepower on a 2V GT. The parts companies love people like you, they see you coming from a mile away. :lol:
:

quoting u of course a few threads back.....as i said TARD!

post ur slip

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
quoting u of course a few threads back.....as i said TARD!

This contradicts what exactly? Once again, I wasn't debating what a CAI is worth, just using it as an examples of ingnorant types like yourself.

You must have the reading comprehension skills of a third grader.

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
my ls1 would smoke u, and i think u know it....bc u wont even post a slip to show what times ur car runs when it is running well.....btw u wouldnt buy just an inlet..u would buy it all together as the package

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
my ls1 would smoke u, and i think u know it....

How would I know it, I don't see a slip for your LS1? Besides, your LS1 running on 6 cylinders has a snowballs chance in hell of smoking me, and that's what you were talking shit about wasn't it? Beating me on 6 cylinders and all...thugonomics.

bc u wont even post a slip to show what times ur car runs when it is running well.....

I told you I would let you hang yourself on that one.

th_Mustangprofile2.jpg

btw u wouldnt buy just an inlet..u would buy it all together as the package

Yea right: http://www.rpmoutlet.com/newv8cnltf.htm And yes, their claim of 3-5 rwhp is very optimistic.

And notice the guy made it a point say C&L True flow INLET TUBE not CAI. Why can't you just admit you are wrong?

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
dan03mach said:
You don't know what I have been cooking lately.. Shit has changed alot since we ran.. hahahaha It's hunting season and Smokey is on the prowl.
I know what it is.....HEE HEE> :eek:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Ben99GT said:
You can't apply 4V results to 2Vs, it doesn't work. 2Vs get very little power from a tune on a bolt on n/a car. Besides, Putnam had his car tuned before cams and simply retuned after cams.

Simple mods increase power on a 4V, why do you think I switched? CAIs are worth very little on a 2V. The stock stuff isn't much of a restriction for the amount of a air a 2V flows, but as I've already explained, the gains come from eliminating the stock aribox, NOT the inlet tube.

Here we go. I used the stock inlet with open element K&N filter, C&L True Flow, and the JLT RAI. Using you Mach as a basis for how mods work on 2Vs is uselesss, because quite frankly they take to mods differently, mainly in that the Mach responds to simple mods better.

You are correct that 2v's flow differently......and maybe I am over stepping since I never wasted my time with 2v's (eventhough I almost got one for a KB setup), but I just can't see how they wont' benefit "AT ALL". Granted this argument started with the inlet tube, but my response was geared toward your CAI comment..not inlet tube comment. So, in essence, I am talking about the stock box as well.
BTW - a 'retune' is a TUNE.....that's like saying gettign a 'retune' after my LT install won't make a difference from the tune with just X-pipe and catback......all inlet and exhaust mods benefit from A/F adjustments......

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
I think you guys need to chill. A 2V will definitely benefit from head work and cams. And when you move more air/fuel a CAI and TB etc will only help, of course. 30 Hp is certainly not too hard to gain with a 2V 4.6 mod motor.

QuikGT, your LS1 shit talking makes me want to :xpl: If you were close to me I'd shut your mouth with my 2V...:wf:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
You are correct that 2v's flow differently......and maybe I am over stepping since I never wasted my time with 2v's (eventhough I almost got one for a KB setup), but I just can't see how they wont' benefit "AT ALL".

Benefit "AT ALL" from what exactly? That seems to be a great source of confusion here.

BTW - a 'retune' is a TUNE.....

Yes, a retune is a TUNE, but in this case it was a tune to correct for a change that altered the existing tune. So Putnam didn't get 22rwhp from cams because he altered his existing tune to maintain a 13:1 A/F ratio across the board with the cams? The cams gained the power, not the tune. It's not like he had the stock Ford PCM flash with an 11.5:1 A/F and stock timing curves, added cams then threw a full custom dyno tune at it and claimed 22 rwhp. That's not the case here.

Granted this argument started with the inlet tube, but my response was geared toward your CAI comment..not inlet tube comment.

I haven't really talked about CAIs or what they are worth in this thread. They aren't worth 10 rwhp on your typical bolt-on n/a 2V however, but they will usually give you a few horsepower at the wheels.

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
BEN99GT-...btw putnam gained 22rwhp bc he changed the springs....stage 1 cams dont need a spring change....just a lil fyi for u....

im pretty confident i could still smoke whatever u have done to ur 4v whilst running so bad....

Users who are viewing this thread