Z28 vs. cam'd GT?

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
BEN99GT-...btw putnam gained 22rwhp bc he changed the springs....stage 1 cams dont need a spring change....just a lil fyi for u....

Giving me an FYI. LMFAO. :lol: The cams gave the car the power, I would change the springs on a 100,000 mile engine when swapping to .545" lift cams too. :D If you're trying to hint the springs were weak, you'd be wrong, it was knocking off 12.40s @ 108-109 mph N/A before the cams and it's rwhp was still right on the mark for what it had done. BTW, several other lower mileage cars gained right around the same with VT Stage 1 N/As.

VT Stage 1 N/As and...*GASP*... stock heads and NO TUNE (24 rwhp):

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?t=59784&highlight=cams+gains

Here is another, Vt Stage 2s, auto, stock heads w/o headers (23 rwhp):

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?t=55239&highlight=cams+gains

Please feel free to admit you are wrong at any point.

im pretty confident i could still smoke whatever u have done to ur 4v whilst running so bad....

No, you would lose horribly running on 6, you may well lose at the full 448 assuming I ran you on motor. :eek: But I'm not going to stoop to claiming I would "smoke you" or "burn you on 6" because I realize your car probably pretty damn strong...at least on the interstate.

Quit trying to change the subject. Cams typically gain 20-30 rwhp in 2Vs with STOCK PI HEADS!

Your original quote:
QuikGT said:
but with the addition of cams he probably gained no more than 15rwhp out of them (cams in a 2v dont make much power without better heads)

Feel free to admit you're wrong at any time.

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Well Hell, this shit talking is fun to watch but the Cowboys are about to start so I got to watch the game.. Just to let you 2 guys know.. I would drag both of you.. hahahaha stiring the pot..

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
dan03mach said:
Well Hell, this shit talking is fun to watch but the Cowboys are about to start so I got to watch the game.. Just to let you 2 guys know.. I would drag both of you.. hahahaha stiring the pot..

Dallas sucks! :-D But so do my 'skins.:nonono:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
BeNBadRacing said:
Dallas sucks! :-D But so do my 'skins.:nonono:
Who are you kidding....my raiders had 98 yards today.......:lol:

and managed to win thanks to the defense.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Who are you kidding....my raiders had 98 yards today.......:lol:

and managed to win thanks to the defense.
That ain't no shit.. The offence sucked ass and the D won that game..

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
dan03mach said:
That ain't no shit.. The offence sucked ass and the D won that game..

If it wasn't for porter's catch, and Fargas kicking ass.......they would be negative.

I have said for the last 3 years, Fargas should start at tailback...and he prooved my point yet again, today.

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
QuikGT said:
BEN99GT-...btw putnam gained 22rwhp bc he changed the springs....stage 1 cams dont need a spring change....just a lil fyi for u....

im pretty confident i could still smoke whatever u have done to ur 4v whilst running so bad....
22rwhp due to a spring change? uh...I don't think so.:rollseyes

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
QuikGT said:
i think he'll whoop you pretty bad from a Roll.... Dig, forget about it....Dan by minimum 3-4lengths from a roll...

spray his ET is 11.1...and I know he's a very experianced track racer, slicks the whole get up...half of that ET comes from his ability to get out of the hole so I think it'd be a close race from a roll...the higher the speed the better of I am.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
spray his ET is 11.1...and I know he's a very experianced track racer, slicks the whole get up...half of that ET comes from his ability to get out of the hole so I think it'd be a close race from a roll...the higher the speed the better of I am.

#1 - you have...what? 400-410? with the CAI and Exhaust?...unless you added some things. Dan beat Quick GTs ~450 RWHP T/A which weighs less than you.

#2 - Driver skill is still needed in a RICER'isk Roll Race.

Choosing to roll race is DUMB, in case you didnt' catch that part.

QuikGT

Banned
dhg---trust me if u dont dyno over 500rwhp or have some serious weight reduction ur not going to take his car from a roll or even be relatively close....and that was before whatever newe mods hes done since the last time i saw him....

going from anything over 45mph doesnt meet any of the racing criteria

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
BeNBadRacing said:
I think you guys need to chill. A 2V will definitely benefit from head work and cams. And when you move more air/fuel a CAI and TB etc will only help, of course. 30 Hp is certainly not too hard to gain with a 2V 4.6 mod motor.

QuikGT, your LS1 shit talking makes me want to :xpl: If you were close to me I'd shut your mouth with my 2V...:wf:

i dont think u read the thread very well.....and yea it shouldnt be hard with a 418ci, 10pt rollcage, and 125shot of nitrous and no weight.....i drive my car, EVERYDAY.....your comparing apples to oranges...

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
QuikGT said:
dhg---trust me if u dont dyno over 500rwhp or have some serious weight reduction ur not going to take his car from a roll or even be relatively close....and that was before whatever newe mods hes done since the last time i saw him....

going from anything over 45mph doesnt meet any of the racing criteria
Well there is one way to find out, but I won't be racing anyone untill the Fall Cruise is over with on the 12th, but I will be going out to Kennedale on Wed. the 8th for some TNT to get my suspension dialed in.. I don't want to take the chance of messing something up before I go out there.. JFYI Everything is different then it was the last time we ran.. ;-)

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
I'm not trying to be cocky at all, but just to let you know QuickGT is telling you the truth.. If you don't have around 550rwhp at full weight, that car isn't going to beat mine. Those times are old and that is why I said it's alot faster now. I'll be at the DFW Spring Cruise at Kennedale on 11/12 if you want to come out and see how fast my car really is..

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
dan03mach said:
I'm not trying to be cocky at all, but just to let you know QuickGT is telling you the truth.. If you don't have around 550rwhp at full weight, that car isn't going to beat mine. Those times are old and that is why I said it's alot faster now. I'll be at the DFW Spring Cruise at Kennedale on 11/12 if you want to come out and see how fast my car really is..

Well I was going off your ET so scratch that.

I'd still like to see what QuikGT has to offer, I already had my way with a heads/cam ls1 this year...he "dynod" more than 450 rwhp too :rollseyes

Yeah and Bledsoe is better than Romo :lol: :lol: :lol:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Well I was going off your ET so scratch that.

I'd still like to see what QuikGT has to offer, I already had my way with a heads/cam ls1 this year...he "dynod" more than 450 rwhp too :rollseyes

Yeah and Bledsoe is better than Romo :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAHAHAHA Romo sure did kick ass tonight. Bledsoe would have gotten owned.. I hope he has gotten better at driving his car.. When I raced his car our buddy Nick drove it and he is a damn good driver like my self.. I'm sure you seen the vid, and that was on my old set up..

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I don't get it... An LT1 can pick up more than that from a Cam change...so why is it a shock that a 2V picks up a chunk of power??

Users who are viewing this thread