zaino??

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
As you can see, everyone has their personal preferences. I've tried many products over the years and wish I had used Zaino before my Cobra. It is now 9 months old and the finish is as smooth as it was when I picked it up. No, actually it is smoother. And has a super gloss of course. I rate the Zaino system a 10. Contrary to what some people might say, there is really no wait time with Zaino. You simply apply the polish to the whole car. I start with the front and go around the car to the other side. That takes about 25 minutes. The polish dries in about 20 so I can immediately start to buff it starting where I started the polish. The whole polishing deal takes no more than an hour. You simply can't do it any faster with any other product unless you don't have to buff.
:)

1.CobraBob got me to give Zaino a try. I show the car only and he is correct on the dry time, if used properly.

2. If anyone wants to know I was very sceptical about Zaino

3.I tested it on the cobra and tested my other products on our Saleen. Both cars are same color (blk) great chance to put side by side tests. Tested allot of the waxes and sealants now.

If you like to know about one i tested against gladly reply to a pm
Also compared to fresh coats of each against whole car very interesting I found

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Actually use the Z5. Thats Zaino swirl remover. Why u ask. In my opinion its not a good idea to use the 3m swirl remover under it unless you wash your car with dawn after.

Because the 3m has patroleum distillets in it (oils) Zaino is a synthetic not like waxes. Zaino directions wants to have all waxes and oils clean before the zaino. This way the Zaino will adhear properly to give the reflective qualities your after.

Makes sense just to follow there applications. When I called for the order I was told there are some people that strictly use the Z5 all the time I Z5 mine first then went to the other zaino with ZFX. I also got a large cyrenge also for measuring. I can to the vert with 1oz. to 1.5 oz. this will save u money in the long run.

Once you add ZFX hardner its no good after so many hours.

Also make sure to use the Z6 between coats and detailing I just bought 4 more bottles tonight

Hope it this helps a little

King03Cobra

Established Member
ZAINO, really incredible stuff and very easy to use. Z2 with ZFX accelerator & Z6, most amazing shine with very little elbow grease putting on & taking off. :)

Matt M PA

Established Member
I too was skeptical about Zaino when I first heard about it from some Viper guys. I met Sal Z at a local Viper Event and after talking to him, I realized that the man is very knowledgeable about polishes and waxes and has really developed a great line of products. He was once (or still is) a custom painter.

I use accelerated Z5 and Z2 on my cars and am thrilled with the results. It's true that the #5 will not do much with swirls and that you are going to have to lays on lots of coats before it fills. I would use a glaze first.

The fact that they do not have silicones or carnauba is just one reason that I use them.

About Griots. A friend of mine is using their polishing system on a couple of his car and it works well. But...the Best of Show Wax is very difficult to remove and lasts about as long as it takes to put it on.

One more note. Many polishes/waxes say that they are safe for clearcoat but that they remove oxidation, rust stains, etc. How do they do that without an abrasive? Or a caustic chemical? I can see a need for a product that does these things....but I won;t use it on a finish that does not need it.

Last edited:

davidmax

Established Member
I sell it and I was skeptical,but my swirled BLACK z06 IS NOW BETTER THAN NEW.i ONLY SELL IT LOCAL AS i'M NOT A DISTRIBUTOR SO i MAKE 75 CENTS TO 2.00 PER iTEM AND FREIGHT KILLS THE CUSTOMER.yOU CAN USUALLY FIND WHERE TO BUY IT THROUGH YOUR LOCAL stang club and there a hard Co. to do biz with.Good Luck,Dave Smilovic

Users who are viewing this thread