Zeta Tau Alpha

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
I'm not trying to start a racist thread here, that is the last thing that I want. But I believe that the all white greek sorority that won the step competition should be congratulated in winning a historically black competition instead of their hard work being put to the corner with giving another first place prize to another team because they are all black. This Zeta team worked hard for first place and now they are the wrong color to win it's just infuriates me and I'm sure even Dr. King would be ashamed.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
A little help:

The uproar began when the all-white Zeta Tau Alpha team from the University of Arkansas beat out five other sorority teams to win last weekend's national final in the Sprite Step Off competition. A YouTube video of their performance, inspired by the movie "The Matrix," generated hundreds of comments.

Posters questioned everything from whether a white group should have been allowed to compete to whether judges wowed by the unlikely competitors inflated their scores to let them win.

"Good Job but let the Black folks have their own thing for once!!!" wrote one commenter posting under the name "titetowers" who said the Zeta Tau Alpha team did well but should not have won.
ad_icon

On Thursday, sponsor Coca-Cola announced "scoring discrepancies" and said the runner-up - the Alpha Kappa Alpha team from Indiana University, whose members are black - would share first place and receive the same $100,000 in scholarships that the Zeta Tau Alphas won.

Ridiculous.

washingtonpost.com

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
So wait...are step competitions supposed to be a gimme to give scholarships to blacks?

I love racism

JMD0346

Established Member
Gimme gimme gimme...

Its our own fault. I just wonder if it can ever be stopped.

No ****ing shame. No integrity.

Whats sad and sickning is coca-cola caved in and basically flat out lied and made up some bullshit about scoring problems. That is out of control.

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I think we should pay $100,000 to every black person in the country as reparations due to slavery.

Even newborn babies.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I think we should pay $100,000 to every black person in the country as reparations due to slavery.

Even newborn babies.[/QUOTE

Insert sarcasm here.

Some of me best friends have been black/African American/Negro/Nigerians/and truly African. NONE; not ONE of them EXPECTED a handout. Matter of fact; most of them didn't care for what a lot of other individuals of their color had turned themselves into and sought to distance themselves from the situation.

Ridiculous if the sanctioning sponsors actually caved to make 2nd place the same as 1st. Winning is winning and 2nd place is the first loser; get over it. You lost. You got BEAT by someone that worked/thought/planned/practiced harder and executed it accordingly.

If the judges were black (which I bet they were) and a white team won....THAT should say something :rockon:

canibus

Established Member
wow, no more coca cola products for me.

How come no one came forth back in november 08 when a certain black individual, did something only white men had ever accomplised. If anyone had said "let the white man have their own thing" We'd still be ****ing hearing about it.

There's all black colleges for gods sake, who's the real racist?

this is complete bullshit.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
There's all black colleges for gods sake, who's the real racist?

this is complete bullshit.

There are Historically Black Colleges (HBC) and while the populations of these colleges and universities are predominately black, anyone can attend an HBC. I spent quite some time at Morehouse and it was one of the best experiences that I have had.

wrksnfx

FordTrucksDaRestJustSuck
Established Member
So you're telling me that if we held a Highlands games here in Detroit that we'd have to let Tyrone in due claims of racism or if we held a clogging competition here in the D and Shaqwaunda and her team wanted compete we'd have to let them and if they had did their best and won deservedly so; so then we can claim they shouldn't have won considering that they weren't white?

This is just an example. I don't condone racism regular or reverse either way.

Those who want to keep beating the old dead horse about 400 years of slavery PLEASE what about the over 400 years the Jews did in Egypt do to Pharaoh?

Common

Established Member
Whitey always trying to keep a brotha down!

Even when whitey is obvously better qualified or more deserving of a position and or reward.

Common

Established Member
History sows us that when white people get enough of something things start changing. A change is a comin. Enoughs enough.

That is racist. Be a normal white guy and take it up the ass. Reparations moffuga!!

Users who are viewing this thread