Zinc Yellow Terminator being saved from the crusher.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Getting the tune dialed in finally now that I've had time. Hitting 16-17° of timing on a 2.80" upper with LT's and 99 cobra intake cams. Definitely more car than what I've owned in the past. I'll say a 450ish horse car is a lot different experience than a 600 horse diesel.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
I get it. It took me a bit to get there. I spent more time on the part throttle stuff anyway.
From what I've gathered, that's what makes or breaks a tune. You're not driving at WOT all the time.

Unrelated note, was out for a small cruise today and saw a buddy of mine in his garage working on his car. (04 GTO.) It makes me happy knowing myself and my friends are succeeding. We all have houses, good jobs, and several of us car guys now have cars we've been dreaming of owning since we were kids. My 03 cobra, one buddy has a 06 SRT8 charger, one has an 04 GTO, one has a 70 challenger, and others have their trucks. We're all in our mid to late 20's and are doing well. I'm glad to have the motivated group of friends around me that I do. Not a group of, "poor ol' me's."

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
When it rains, it pours... of all the things that could have failed, it dropped a damn valve seat during a pull.

Anyone want a cursed car?

Attachments

• 20230910_140407.jpg
    20230910_140407.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230910_134048.jpg
    20230910_134048.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Snapchat-1155904348.jpg
    Snapchat-1155904348.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 77

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Ugh, hate to see that

Same one as the valve hung up on?
Ironically, no. I initially thought the valve issue was back. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

If I was seeing correctly through the bore scope, #4 forward exhaust valve seat let go.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
**** dude. I’m sorry. That’s lame as hell.
That's no lie. Had just taken the guys at work for a ride in it too. Had to shut them up about it being a mismatched POS. :ROFLMAO: They enjoyed it!
Damn bro. Hopefully the damage is minimal.
Fingers crossed. Spoke with builder already. He thinks a piston, and head will fix it.

LS WUT

Established Member
Nothing a little time and money can't fix!

I'm convinced yellow cobras were cursed from the factory. A majority of the yellow rollers I see typically have had major issues from day 1. :ROFLMAO:
Well for your sake man I hope it’s more time than money. Time you can spend hanging out with the boys and wrenching.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Well for your sake man I hope it’s more time than money. Time you can spend hanging out with the boys and wrenching.
I've got a group of guys already willing to pitch in some time. Reassuring. Even if it costs some on the back side, I'm willing to eat some just to spend time with the guys.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Nothing a little time and money can't fix!

I'm convinced yellow cobras were cursed from the factory. A majority of the yellow rollers I see typically have had major issues from day 1. :ROFLMAO:
I'd have to agree with this. I had a buddy with a zinc yellow 01 that was fine until he threw a blower on it. Same thing happened with my zinc yellow 01. The guy I sold mine to dropped in a nasty N/A engine and started talking about throwing on a blower. I convinced him not to.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
I'd have to agree with this. I had a buddy with a zinc yellow 01 that was fine until he threw a blower on it. Same thing happened with my zinc yellow 01. The guy I sold mine to dropped in a nasty N/A engine and started talking about throwing on a blower. I convinced him not to.
That and I think SVTDAN had a major engine failure immediately after an overhaul on his drag setup. Common denomination. Yellow cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread