ZR1 Christmas Kill

holzmach

Established Member
so....truth is you let off when you ran out of gear while it was gaining and just starting to wake up at that speed. Don't hate and knock the $120k as you know it's a world class supercar that CAN do 200 mph+ and has just run a 10.30 @ 132 on Dr's, or 10.66 off the showroom floor.

i hate seeing this excuse, almost every sports car made goes past 120-130. 120-130 is however what most street races go to, not 150-200, so to bad for the zr1. hell a zr1 may beat other higher end exotics to 170, so are they to cry about not going to higher speeds?

Last edited:

Dubbnasty

Carolina Mountain Snake
Established Member
Great Christmas gift for yourself man. Yes we all know that car is a supercar. OP knows it, the ZR owner knows it and even most 12 year old girls know it. That's what makes this a great Christmas gift. Don't Grench his Whoville because they didn't run to 200 mph.

j81234

Established Member
Good kill. Seems like the vette owner was a cool guy that just wanted a little fun. Sounds like you have a strong car. What part of Florida do you live in?

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
so....truth is you let off when you ran out of gear while it was gaining and just starting to wake up at that speed. Don't hate and knock the $120k as you know it's a world class supercar that CAN do 200 mph+ and has just run a 10.30 @ 132 on Dr's, or 10.66 off the showroom floor.

No...the truth is unknown ZR1 owner lost to MY 2004 cobra on Christmas day in a street race, why would you race anything faster than 130-140 on the street :shrug: This is fact, and bud...let me tell you, he never started to pull on me, he picked on the wrong car that day. And you need to learn something about your ZR1, ZR1 doesn't equal supercar, super driver + ZR1 equals supercar. 10.3 doesnt mean jack shit on the street. Looks like you want a ZR1 also so when you pony up the cash to buy one we can run, I'll bring some Vaseline for you as a courtesy because I got more boost coming and if needed a bottle of giggle juice in the garage. Why would you want to buy a car that gets into its powerband at 130+ mph????? Mine goes bat shit crazy in every gear...

Last edited:

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
And for the record, That zr1 is certifiably bad ass, and if put on a road course or w/e it would do circles around me, I said nothing about beating all ZR1's just the one, but I feel confident if I ever run into another one the same result would ensue. The ZR owner was pretty cool, he knew he got beat, but nodded and waved anyway, just like I know if we would have kept going it could have been a different story, but this isn't the Texas mile, it's the street dude.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
No...the truth is unknown ZR1 owner lost to MY 2004 cobra on Christmas day in a street race, why would you race anything faster than 130-140 on the street :shrug: This is fact, and bud...let me tell you, he never started to pull on me, he picked on the wrong car that day. And you need to learn something about your ZR1, ZR1 doesn't equal supercar, super driver + ZR1 equals supercar. 10.3 doesnt mean jack shit on the street. Looks like you want a ZR1 also so when you pony up the cash to buy one we can run, I'll bring some Vaseline for you as a courtesy because I got more boost coming and if needed a bottle of giggle juice in the garage. Why would you want to buy a car that gets into its powerband at 130+ mph????? Mine goes bat shit crazy in every gear...

haha......yes, enjoy your high-strung cobra with short bursts of NOS hoping it cools the charge and not blow up the motor, I know inside you'd like to afford more car but rather you need to cut up the price of something better. So shallow. Giggleshit in every gear......yup......until you run out in fourth and then you'll let off again. hahaha. ZR was probably just alive in mid-third gear just about to bi&ch slap you. Gee, imagine if it just had a pulley and simple tune for 650 rwhp vs its 540 or so stock rwhp.

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
haha......yes, enjoy your high-strung cobra with short bursts of NOS hoping it cools the charge and not blow up the motor, I know inside you'd like to afford more car but rather you need to cut up the price of something better. So shallow. Giggleshit in every gear......yup......until you run out in fourth and then you'll let off again. hahaha. ZR was probably just alive in mid-third gear just about to bi&ch slap you. Gee, imagine if it just had a pulley and simple tune for 650 rwhp vs its 540 or so stock rwhp.

That guy who loses always says that, and he didn't have a pulley swap just like I didn't have the little 4.6 like he thought, you see how it works?

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

This car didn't have a pulley or a tune, so it doesn't really matter in this story. No need to use the excuses here. Last I checked most people aren't putting up 10.6x's in a stock ZR1 either. So it happened once, doesn't mean that they all can do that. It's damn impressive, but shows that you are an internet racer. Calm down and realize that this race went to the Cobra. Not really a big deal.

Kewlv8

Established Member

Somebody has a full diaper...... :whine:

96vertsnake

Established Member

Are you serious? Now the OP can't afford to buy the car that lost? You've now graduated to the "probaly" and the "what if's". Did you read OP's build sheet? Did you look at the dyno sheet. I dont see giggle juice anywhere in the existing set up. I should know.....I helped him build it.

Finally, OP gave props to both the magical ZR1 and the driver who acknowledged the loss in good sport. Maybe you should pay attention and learn something from both of them. until then, "what if" your dream car had wings...you know.....when pigs have wings........

Frostonsvt

Blood Type- Oh Positive
Established Member
you have to give props to the cobra.. even the owner of the zr1 did ...

if you were in a race in a fast car ..corvette,cobra ect.. and lost to a civic would you not give him credit ? I sure would even though Im not a fan of his car ...:rockon:

Yellow03snake

Established Member

Jesus, it's a $120,000+ "supercar" that's going to take a massive dump in resale value like every other Corvette.

The ZR1 lost, period.

holzmach

Established Member
not everyone wants a vette, and some people like to do builds. there are cobras out there that would absolutely piihb that zr1. it is not always cars, but they choose to spend their money on other things. i would love to have a zr1 but i would also love to have a built single turbo cobra. there are very rich people out there dumping money in what, a 15-18 year old supra. playing the income card makes you look threatend and ignorant.:nonono:

holzmach

Established Member
there is a guy up here in a 2200 pound civic making 500+ on e 85 that would destroy a zr1. when he races bussas they want the hit

ctgreddy

Established Member

sounds like something a usual vette owner would say when their beloved top dog gets beat by a lonely old cobra.

b_dike

Established Member

Last time I checked this was still SVT Performance . com????????

Not ZR1 Performance.com :burn:

Fassssst

Established Member
Hey , R1Lello , bit of a sour puss are ya ? Dont get your panties in a ****ing knot . The cobra won fair and square . Obviously the driver in the vette thought he could win , just like any other street race . Grow up and dont give people from Ontario a lousy rep . Vettes CAN lose to the ALMIGHTY cobra .

Users who are viewing this thread