The Official MACA Website thread...

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
***UPDATE 09-Mar-2006 1843 EST: Upload features enhanced. Check out "Video/Pictures" section ***

http://www.maca-online.com

I would like to know what everyone thinks about the website. I would greatly appreciate the following format for replies concerning the website to make the next development phase easier (which will be based off of comments received here):

2)
Dislikes:
1)
2)
Suggestions/Comments/Requests:
1)
2)

Here is a list of updates compiled from comments received thus far:

www.maca-online.com Update List: (Updated: 09-Mar-2007)
1) Change color of links from blue to more visible color on black background (COMPLETED: 7:54PM 10-Jan-2007)
2) Create separate, additional window when 'Forum' link is clicked (COMPLETED: 6:50PM 04-Jan-2007)
3) Allow uploading of multiple items and/or a single sign-in for uploading (COMPLETED: 6:45PM 09-Mar-2007)
4) Add 'Link' item to 'Get List of Uploaded Files' functionality in 'Videos / Pictures' section (COMPLETED: 10:19AM 19-Jan-2007)
5) Replace plain-text with more interesting pictures and graphical work
6) Devise and implement new color scheme (?)
7) Spruce-up menu bar
8) More aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-read event schedule format
9) Add easily-updateable 'MACA News and Events' ticker/area on home page
10) Add 'MACA Classifieds' area for sale of items within MACA
11) Add 'Members Garage' area (bio, car info, pics/vids, contact info, etc for each member) organized by state
12) Add 'Car of the Month' and/or 'MACA Member of the Month' area
13) Create a 'Common Problems and Fixes' area
14) Add flash animations/embedded movies to home page

Please understand that the website is a work in progress (as all websites are) and please keep the comments and suggestions coming!

Your feedback is appreciated. :beer:

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I'll start:

2) Simplistic click-and-navigate scheme
3) Layout of schedule and events

Dislikes:
1) Plain-text on the front page
2) Rather uninteresting top menu-bar

1) I would like to see some flash animations or movies when you first come to the page to really get you interested
2) I would like some simple mouse-over effects on the menu buttons
3) I would like more pictures and less text on front page
4) Different color scheme would be nice
5) I would like to see a 'members garage' area, where each member can post a few pics, a bio, and some vids if so desired; that way, you can 'browse the MACA membership'; heck, include email info so people can easily e-mail one another
6) I would like to see some sort of 'MACA news' ticker or area on the front page to notify about important events coming up shortly

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
The forum on this site would be VERY similar to the forum here on SVTP. Same interface (vBulletin) with a more MACA-focused look-and-feel.

Regardless, the point of the website is primarily to give us an internet home. We have SVTP for communications, just need a 'MACA Site'. You know?

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Thanks man for takign ur time out to lay this site out and work on it for us.. i know its early still but it looks good, and please do not take offence to anyones dislikes or suggestions..better to hear them now while its still in its stages of being made then after uve gone over every detail...
but thanks again and i hope all of this helps
1.Simpleness behind it and easy to navigate
2. Overall layout and look of it

Dislikes:
As stated above... by black03svtcobra

Suggestions:
1. Quite possibly some flash annimation if possible
2. Members page.. set up by location by state.. then maybe a lil profile stating where int eh state and what car u drive etc... pics..

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Shifty Powers said:
Thanks man for takign ur time out to lay this site out and work on it for us.. i know its early still but it looks good, and please do not take offence to anyones dislikes or suggestions..better to hear them now while its still in its stages of being made then after uve gone over every detail...
but thanks again and i hope all of this helps
1.Simpleness behind it and easy to navigate
2. Overall layout and look of it

Dislikes:
As stated above... by black03svtcobra

Suggestions:
1. Quite possibly some flash annimation if possible
2. Members page.. set up by location by state.. then maybe a lil profile stating where int eh state and what car u drive etc... pics..

Thanks for the input, Pat. With regards to your #2 suggestion, would that be sort of like my #5 suggestion? Basically, each member has their own space on the page (containing a bio, car pics and vids and whatever else they want) and we could organize it by state?

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Thanks for the input, Pat. With regards to your #2 suggestion, would that be sort of like my #5 suggestion? Basically, each member has their own space on the page (containing a bio, car pics and vids and whatever else they want) and we could organize it by state?

I agree totally with the Member profile area. Considering the convenience of posting forum questions / events here on SVTP. I feel the MACA website can be used more as a showcase for the club, and provide history for those looking to learn more about us.

Also, Since so many of us prefer to offer parts for sale to MACA at discount. A classified section could be created and used as a first resort for Members to sell things within the MACA. This way it will be less visible to people outside the club. If I saw someone post a part for sale in SVTP's Market section, then saw the same add in the MACA offering a discount I would be inclined to ask for that price knowing the seller is willing to sell it for that amount. Would give an advantage to those that would prefer to keep things within the club.

Last edited:

mixxer

Established Member
i think its a good start , needs some flash,lots more pics, memeber of the month,venders section. and when you click on forum it should open a new page [in addition to that one ]which would be the svt forum. It has already been proven that a forum on that home site will not be used as much as this one.here is an example of what i mean[my online gaming squad site] has a whole site with many features but when you open the forum it takes to you to an added page. ex... http://www.foxtrotelite.com/phpnuke2/

Last edited:

spray175

Established Member
1. Looks like its going to be easy to navigate from the home page.
2. I like the layout.

Dislikes
1. Needs more photos
2. Maybe make the home page a little more flashy.

Overall I think its lookin pretty good. Nice job putting it together.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member

Dislikes:
1) None-really. I'm easy. But good suggestions above.

1) If we go with a flashier, animated home page, it should have a dail-up offering. I remember back in the old days before FIOS how I hated waiting for animation to load just to get to a home page. Otherwise, I Like!

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
sorry i'm not following the format, but i really don't have the expertise to make suggestions. what i can tell you though is that i think it's a great idea and look forward to it. i hope it works out.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:

see you looked up my name lol... sorry, dont mind me i dont know yours...

yea sorry, i guess i looked over 5&6 for some reason... but yes thats exactly what im talking about.. good thinking my man.. and i like #6 as well... great suggestions... do those and the site will be.. well... bangin lol, and all that anyone could want it to be...

no person visiting the site would have a problem navigating and i think they would enjoy the site and like it very much...

SO BUILD ON!!!! and lets do this...

8URZ-28

Boost Freak
Established Member
Suggestions:
1) How about a "Car Of The Month" section with some pics of the monthly cobras and a list of mods?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I haven't really looked at this page yet, but I have a suggestion for the forum. Rather than creating a seperate forum, and requireing people to post on yet another web-board, how about if the forum link brings people here? To the MACA forum on svtp?

That way, we can keep this forum, but still have our own website.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I have begun creating our website again from scratch for various reasons. The current 'in-development' website resides at the following link:

http://www.maca-online.com

Please use the format suggested in the first post to comment on this website. Thank you!

Last edited:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
I agree totally with the Member profile area. Considering the convenience of posting forum questions / events here on SVTP. I feel the MACA website can be used more as a showcase for the club, and provide history for those looking to learn more about us.

+1 :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread