The Official MACA Website thread...

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Great job!!! :thumbsup:

1)I like the new home page, let's folks know what we're about.
2)
Dislikes:
1)Not really a dislike, but its too bad we can't have our own forum, but then I understand the exposure we get from SVTP, and I guess it really doesn't matter in the end.
2)

Suggestions/Comments/Requests:
1) I know we have the MACA Video area, any plans for a members photo gallery? Maybe organized by member's screen names or something?
2) It might take a lot of work, but what about a link to common problems and fixes, maybe scraped out of the hundreds of threads in the forum (I didn't say it would be easy). :bash:

Last edited:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I think it would be great if we can post vids and pics like we used to be able to on SVTP.

Although I am not really from WV, (College educated and have all my teeth) I currently reside there.

Recommend we change it to 6 Mid-Atlantic states vice (West Virginia too). Makes us look like a red headed step child.. JMO

Ken

:beer: :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
kens03cobra said:
Recommend we change it to 6 Mid-Atlantic states vice (West Virginia too). Makes us look like a red headed step child.. JMO

Ken

Actually Ken, West Virginia is officially one of the 6 states in the MACA......They were brought into the club in January, 2005.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Actually Ken, West Virginia is officially one of the 6 states in the MACA......They were brought into the club in January, 2005.

Nice, was just reading from the website intro. Looking forward to proudly sporting my new MACA shirts...

How we getting those from you anyhow? Meet up with you at some sports bar?

Ken

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
kens03cobra said:
Nice, was just reading from the website intro. Looking forward to proudly sporting my new MACA shirts...

How we getting those from you anyhow? Meet up with you at some sports bar?

Ken

Nah.....The MACA is having a rip-roaring Christmas party at my house on December 10th. I'm holding the T-shirts hostage till then!!!! ;-)

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Nah.....The MACA is having a rip-roaring Christmas party at my house on December 10th. I'm holding the T-shirts hostage till then!!!! ;-)

Figures, I will be Portland that weekend for business, and my daughter graduates from WSU on the 9th, so I will be out there for that.

I will come get them from you when you get them, I work in Fairfax and can zip up to MD easily...just let me know when you get them and we can make arrangements I am sure.

Ken

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
*** UPDATE ***

I will be rolling out the version of the website that I recently developed later this evening. When it is rolled out, if you visit www.maca-online.com, you will be accessing that website. That way we will finally have a functional site at that link. But, that will not be the final version of the page.

I will begin addressing the comments provided here in as orderly a fashion and as quickly as possible. Thus, the page will continue to receive enhancements as time progresses. I will never take the page down and it should always be accessible though, so don't worry about that.

Just wanted to let everyone know what I'm doing. Make sure to keep those comments coming!! :beer:

P.S. Just an FYI. One of my top priorities is to raise our page's rank in search engines. I want our page to appear when one searches for "MACA", "mid atlantic cobra association" and derivatives thereof.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
As promised, last night I rolled out our website.

Now when you visit www.maca-online.com, you will be taken to our website.

Again, this will be a work in progress and it will be updated weekly, if not daily as I get time to work on it.

For now, keep the comments coming!! :beer:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
kens03cobra said:
I think it would be great if we can post vids and pics like we used to be able to on SVTP.

Although I am not really from WV, (College educated and have all my teeth) I currently reside there.

Ken

+1

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
Looks Great!

Thanks, Tim! I've still got a lot of work to do, but I'm happy with it so far.

I would say check it often because I will be making updates to it as possible. I will post about any significant changes here after making them also.

kens03cobra said:

Noted Ken. That text was cut and pasted from the previous site. It is likely to change significantly in the near future. :beer:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
Thanks, Tim! I've still got a lot of work to do, but I'm happy with it so far.

I would say check it often because I will be making updates to it as possible. I will post about any significant changes here after making them also.

Noted Ken. That text was cut and pasted from the previous site. It is likely to change significantly in the near future. :beer:

Roger that, I know we may not have too many peeps from WV in the club, at least ones with computers :lol:

Ken

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
its coming along, just all needs to be finished...

hey on the membership page, you think it would be good to have the list of all the things and info they need to send? u know what i mean?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Shifty Powers said:
its coming along, just all needs to be finished...

hey on the membership page, you think it would be good to have the list of all the things and info they need to send? u know what i mean?

Exactly. This is actually easier than I had imagined and I will try to do it in the next couple of days. I will make it such that when you click the link, a new e-mail pops up with the appropriate "To:", "Subject:" and the body of the e-mail will already be filled out with all the information points I need.

So, short answer, yes. :beer:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
As much as I like blue, it is hard to read on top of black. Maybe I am just getting old or something JMO

Great looking site, looking forward to it...thanks for the hard work...

Ken

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
TripleBlack95 said:
The website looks EXCELLENT. Amazing work BLK.

My new home page :)

Awesome :beer:

My next trick will be to start raising the page in search engine results by including meta information on the pages and by creating a robots.txt file on the server. That should do the trick. There are also a few smaller items I want to address before I begin tackling all the wonderful comments/requests/suggestions that have been provided here.

I will be getting to it ASAP :beer:

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Lookin' good, Sean. :thumbsup:
How does it get ranked in search engines? Is it by the number of hits or something?
If so, I'll hit that thang all I can. :bash:
22.gif

10.gif

14.gif

24.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread