The Official MACA Website thread...

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Please Note:

Our website no longer resides at www.midatlanticcobraassociation.com (though I would like to buy that domain from Omar and have it point to the site, if he reads this). That site has been down for some time now.

Our website is hosted at www.maca-online.com.

I have noticed that various people still have the first URL listed in their signatures. Please replace these with www.maca-online.com. Thanks!!

:beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
A Few Big Updates:

1) You can now type in www.maca-online.com/<area> to go to whichever area you wish on our website. The valid areas are as follows: home, events, vidspics, contactus, links, membership and forum.

2) If you go to www.maca-online.com/vidspics, you will now see all the pics (in thumbnails) and vids (click-able links) members have uploaded to our server. Please check it out when you get a chance.

3) If you log in to your upload area, each picture will now have a thumbnail so you can easily tell which pictures are which. This makes memorizing picture names a thing of the past.

Please let me know what you think and please report any bugs that you find :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I've noticed the 3 rows of uploads, and I really like that. And I like the one click, though I didn't know that was controlled by you. I just thought my computer was behaving that day. :D
Nice tweaking, Sean. :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
gcassidy said:
I've noticed the 3 rows of uploads, and I really like that. And I like the one click, though I didn't know that was controlled by you. I just thought my computer was behaving that day. :D
Nice tweaking, Sean. :thumbsup:

Glad you like the updates, Greg! :beer:

Now we need to get some other members besides Mike, Jason and yourself contributing to the vids/pics section... :thumbsup:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Just made an update to the website.

Now the www.maca-online.com/vidspics area will load the thumbnails for the uploaded pictures much faster. I am using a PHP open source project to scale the images before displaying them, rather than scaling them using HTTP.

Let me know if the load performance for this area is noticeably faster :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
It seems pretty fast, but to tell you the truth, Sean, I never waited for all of them to load. I'd just go in, scroll to the bottom, and log-in. So I can't say if it's faster than before. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread