The Official MACA Website thread...

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
sean,

I don't have anything to upload right now. but I checked it out. as long as it keeps you logged in after uploaded, I would say part of #3 is complete. just need the multiple. I would say 5 max if we can get 5 at a time.

can I change the name of the images after they are uploaded? I see it gives you different link options depending on the imbedding you want. so can I change the name as long as it is changed on all of them to be the same thing?

It does keep you logged in until you actually log out.

As far as the multiple, I am going to make it user selectable and up to 10.

As of the way it is right now, you cannot change the names of files after upload. I suggest doing that first before uploading.

Regardless, an improvement, right? Just find some tiny little picture file and try to upload it. You'll see how it works. :beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sean, you could remove the case sensitive checks for file types. It tells me a .JPG is not a valid video or image file, but .jpg is....

Oh, and can we get the ability to remove or own files as well? I'd like the ability to keep my directory cleaned up if I could.

TRBO VNM

sean,

working good. just did 3 pics. definitely a lot faster and user friendly. thanks and can't wait for multiple. :D

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Sean, you could remove the case sensitive checks for file types. It tells me a .JPG is not a valid video or image file, but .jpg is....

Oh, and can we get the ability to remove or own files as well? I'd like the ability to keep my directory cleaned up if I could.

Doh! Sorry about that. I will fix that immediately and it's an easy fix since I effectively re-created the website using all PHP scripts, rather than straight HTML. This is why we have testing! :-D

Yea, I can add the ability to remove files also. I don't think this will be very difficult at all. I will basically add a button on each file's section that will be like 'X' or 'Delete' and as soon as you click, it will be deleted.

I'll probably get to both of these today. :beer:

TRBO VNM said:
sean,

working good. just did 3 pics. definitely a lot faster and user friendly. thanks and can't wait for multiple. :D

Good, glad it's working well. I should have multiple-file uploading and file deletion done today hopefully. We'll see.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
There is one issue at the moment (at least that I experienced during some testing). Basically, if you try to upload a file that is over 16MB it times out because the PHP configuration is currently set to 16MB maximum upload file size. I am going to change this on the server side so we can upload up to 500MB at a time.

But, this works great for the time being for multiple smaller files :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sean, once we've re-uploaded files, will the url (?) be the same as before? What I mean is if we had a sig or pic on the site linked to a thread somewhere, will that thread pick it up again once we've replaced the file?
Thanks.

TRBO VNM

multple file upload worked good this morning. suxs about the files because I know I have a lot that were out there and no clue which ones they were. oh well.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
gcassidy said:
Sean, once we've re-uploaded files, will the url (?) be the same as before? What I mean is if we had a sig or pic on the site linked to a thread somewhere, will that thread pick it up again once we've replaced the file?
Thanks.

If you previously created folders in your upload area on the server and linked files from within them, then the link will change. Any files that you uploaded directly to your upload area will remain the same, so long as you re-upload them.

So Greg, in your case, all files you upload from here on out will be hosted at www.maca-online.com/uploads/gcassidy/<filename>. I recall that you had a few folders in your area, so any files that you linked out of them will need to have their links changed.

Make sense? Please let me know if not.

Also, remember that any file in your area (along with appropriate link, URL and IMG information) will appear if you're logged in to the "Videos and Pictures" section.

TRBO VNM said:
multple file upload worked good this morning. suxs about the files because I know I have a lot that were out there and no clue which ones they were. oh well.

As I stated in the e-mail, it was not my intent for that to happen. But, at least now we've got the multiple file uploading to help out. I will tweak it this evening to allow max file uploads of 500MB at a time, rather than 16MB max.

I'm making some good progress with this site and I appreciate everyone's patience and understanding as I move forward in the development process! :beer:

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Jason, that's why I keep all the stuff I upload in a seperate folder on my pc...that way I know what went where. lol.

Sean, I will check the server out this evening when I get home. Thanks in advance the ability to remove stuff :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I know what you mean, Sean, and I think I had stopped linking into directories quite a while back. I at least have a copy of the file structure in msword, so I'll know what files were there. Shoulda kept them all separate like you, Mike.

Sean, when uploading, is the green bar at the bottom the indicater of when the upload is done? I think the 16mb limit was why mine never looked done last night.

And will it be 500mb per file, or per upload session (say I had 10 files to upload)?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
gcassidy said:
I know what you mean, Sean, and I think I had stopped linking into directories quite a while back. I at least have a copy of the file structure in msword, so I'll know what files were there. Shoulda kept them all separate like you, Mike.

Sean, when uploading, is the green bar at the bottom the indicater of when the upload is done? I think the 16mb limit was why mine never looked done last night.

And will it be 500mb per file, or per upload session (say I had 10 files to upload)?

No, the green bar on the bottom of the page does not necessarily map to the progress for the upload. In most cases, and especially when there are large files involved, that bar will be full well before the upload is complete. I would like to incorporate an upload progress bar in the future, but that involves embedding Javascript into the PHP code. Not necessarily a hard thing to do, but takes time. I hope to have one up there some day in the future though.

It will be able to handle 500MB per upload session, regardless of the number of files.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Just so everyone knows, there is a slight bug in the upload portion of our website.

At the moment, any upload sessions that exceed 8MB are getting cut off at a little over 8MB. I have adjusted various PHP directives to allow large file uploads, but I believe it is actually Apache or the web browser itself that is causing what appears to be a timeout, both of which I have no control over. I will find a solution, but for the time being, if you have any 7MB+ files to upload, please let me know. I will work with you on getting them into your area. :beer:

Thanks for everyone's patience :thumbsup:

On the positive side, I have implemented a new event calendar. Check it out here: http://www.maca-online.com/events.php

I know it's not extremely pretty yet, but it's a step closer to very-maintainable :beer:

Again, thanks for everyone's patience while I get this website lookin purdy :beer:

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
UPDATE:

I just added some javascript slideshows to the main page of the website: www.maca-online.com

If any member has any pics they want to submit for me to add to the slideshows, please let me know. Size and resolution do not matter, though I'd prefer very much that the resolution is greater than 300x225 :beer:

Let me know what you guys think :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I like. :thumbsup:
How 'bout the photo of the long line of Cobras from last year's Gettysburg GTG in the battlefield?
Until it's outdone by this years. :D

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
gcassidy said:
I like. :thumbsup:
How 'bout the photo of the long line of Cobras from last year's Gettysburg GTG in the battlefield?
Until it's outdone by this years. :D

I'm on it :beer:

P.S. You have a PM.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Thanks Scott.

Here's the 9 min version with music:
CMC_short_music.wmv

and here's the 12 minute version-no music, but Ken's wicked slide around 9 minutes in:
CMC_long.wmv
Use whichever you like best in the vid section.

And here's a 1 minute vid around Summit Point from last year:
AvonSlicksSmall.wmv
I know it's not a MACA event, but I thought you might get a kick out of seeing it.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
UPDATE:

I just did some tweaking. Here's the result:

1) In "Videos/Pictures" area, users uploaded files are displayed 3 per row, rather than 1 per row, all the way down the page. This should help cut down on the scrolling, if you have a lot of files.
2) In "Videos/Pictures" area, each text field ('Link', 'URL' and 'IMG') for an uploaded file will now select the entire line of text with a single click. This will make it easier to cut-and-paste links of files into threads.
3) Fixed a bug with the events calendar.

Dan Greenberg (NJCOBRA10thA), Rudy McDaniel, and myself are banging our heads together about the 8MB upload limit in the "Videos/Pictures" section. We will find a solution (may have found one) but we haven't implemented one yet. I will let everyone know. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread