Any Cobras down for a friendly race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

25psi

Established Member
Just got my car tuned and havent had a chance to run any quick cars. I tried to jump at a C6 Z06 last night, but he didnt bite! Anyways, if anyone would like to run tonight or this week, let me know. Laterz

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
:pop: also you might wanna post this in a taste of home in the correct regional subforum.

to bad nazman isn't done with his turbo build. Last I heard he said he would be done around June. He woulda given you a pretty good run even NA, but hey its just a lil ol' 99.

Last edited:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
25psi said:
Just got my car tuned and havent had a chance to run any quick cars. I tried to jump at a C6 Z06 last night, but he didnt bite! Anyways, if anyone would like to run tonight or this week, let me know. Laterz

Which car did you get tuned?

25psi

Established Member
350z

17psi it made 631rwhp at 5500rpm, but it started spiking(if it would hit 8000rpm, it would have made over 700rwhp). The springs in the wastegate are to soft(6lb spring), so its not holding boost. Right now, I have it at 11psi, which is making about 500rwhp

CobraMac

Established Member
Yah, that sounds wayyy too high. I have a buddy who has a TT 350Z, his car had so much stuff done to it, and at 11 psi was making around 425 hp

SCM3

Established Member
25psi said:

I'll be your huckleberry...Roadtrip to CA, my neighbor has a pretty strong cobra and im sure he would love to race you. 500whp@11psi is great for a 350. What is your compression ratio? what do u have done to your internals?

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
25psi said:
350z

17psi it made 631rwhp at 5500rpm, but it started spiking(if it would hit 8000rpm, it would have made over 700rwhp). The springs in the wastegate are to soft(6lb spring), so its not holding boost. Right now, I have it at 11psi, which is making about 500rwhp

That's some awesome power.. Must feel amazing to drive.

What size are the turbos?

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
CobraMac said:
Yah, that sounds wayyy too high. I have a buddy who has a TT 350Z, his car had so much stuff done to it, and at 11 psi was making around 425 hp

That seems very low for 11psi. Is this the greddy kit?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:
That seems very low for 11psi. Is this the greddy kit?

low? your only dealing with a 3.5 liter V6 here.. and if he built it (like I'm sure he has) his compression has been lowered as well.. 11 psi and 500 hp to the ground is quite abit..

UrS4

Established Member
I wonder if this will turn into another 30 page debate about displacement, how horsepower is a real number, torque doesn't matter, if 11psi can produce 500whp, etc. etc.?

I am sure you will get a few takers, just get it on video so everyone can see for themselves instead of waving the BS flag.

Common

Established Member
Hey 25 PSI....its about time your car is done dude, making some nice numbers there!!!

PS.......you wont believe this......fastest 350Z in the world from extreme motorwerks(runs 7s i think).........lives 2 blocks from me, i went to the shop last week and couldnt believe it(thought of you for some weird resson)i remember you mentioning 2000hp nissan 350z......il take some pics for ya.......pm if you wanna know anything.....i know the owner CJ, latter

25psi

Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:
That's some awesome power.. Must feel amazing to drive.

What size are the turbos?

Its the speedforceracing kit. It has twin 60-1 ball bearing turbos.

You are right about the 500rwhp, being kind of low. Thats becuase, we only rev'd the motor to 6500rpm and not the 7500-8000rpm I wanted to do. Power was still climbing, past 6500, so I would guesstimate anywhere from 550rwhp. Mind you, this was all on 93 oct.

The motor is built with:

Pauter rods(cryotreated and coated)
Aries 9:1 heavy duty pistons(cryotreated and coated)
lightened crank
built heads(ferrera valve train, dual valve springs, retainers, etc...)
Tomei cams
race ported and polish heads
Hks fcon vpro
1000cc injectors
walbro fuel pump
Exedy carbon carbon clutch
Arp L19 head studs
Speedforceracing.com twin 60-1 turbo kit
AAM plenum spacer
etc......

Had a chance to run a 2001 viper on 249 today. We started from a 3rd gear roll and hit it. He pulled about a 1/2 a car, from the start, but quickly made ground by the time I hit fourth. Before I went into 5th, I had already pulled 1-2 cars on him and still pulling(10psi). He pulls next to me and ask me what I have done and I proceeded to tell em. Anyway, he had an exhaust, headers and a tune from RSI. He wouldnt tell me what he made, so I guess somewhere around 550rwhp.

25psi

Established Member
stroker22 said:
Hey 25 PSI....its about time your car is done dude, making some nice numbers there!!!

PS.......you wont believe this......fastest 350Z in the world from extreme motorwerks(runs 7s i think).........lives 2 blocks from me, i went to the shop last week and couldnt believe it(thought of you for some weird resson)i remember you mentioning 2000hp nissan 350z......il take some pics for ya.......pm if you wanna know anything.....i know the owner CJ, latter

The fastest 350z runs mid 6's. Can think of the name, but it is extremely fast.

Try to take pics if you can. I would appreciate it.

Common

Established Member
25psi said:
The fastest 350z runs mid 6's. Can think of the name, but it is extremely fast.

Try to take pics if you can. I would appreciate it.

Yup that the one, ran 6.7 or sumtin actually(not sure, im not into 350zs lol).......sold the motor and building a pro street Z06......when i get some time il try to get some pics

shipwreck

Driving Big Boats
Established Member
ScottyBoy302 said:
Well i know theres plenty of texas people, someone go find out if hes actually putting down 500 at 11psi.

Im pretty sure he is not lying :coolman: .

Im always down for some friendly runs, but im sure you wanted competition lol. Ive only had the cobra for a few weeks, havent had the time or money for any big mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread