Any Cobras down for a friendly race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Nazman said:
Ill be glad to play after APR 20th. Ill have about 2 weeks after that, then the current motor is going out, and new combo will go in.....then.......

wwwwwwWWWWWWHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!:rockon:

Naz, do you plan on keeping your FR500 h/c/i and just utilizing lower comp pistons, gaskets, etc. ? What size turbo do you plan on running? Good luck to both you and 25psi if you guys race.

25psi- glad your 350 is done. Nice numbers man, hope to see some good kills vids of yours.

25psi

Established Member
lilbuddy1587 said:
Naz, do you plan on keeping your FR500 h/c/i and just utilizing lower comp pistons, gaskets, etc. ? What size turbo do you plan on running? Good luck to both you and 25psi if you guys race.

25psi- glad your 350 is done. Nice numbers man, hope to see some good kills vids of yours.

Thanx!

I'm hoping, within the next 3 weeks or so, the twin walbro setup will be introduced! Im limited to how much power I would like to make. But for now 630+rwhp, should be enough for me. Right now, I cant get traction with 11psi in third gear, so theres no need to bumo it up to 17psi. My next purchase is some drag radials. My only problem is, I have 19in rims and tires, so I need to buy some 18in rims. Anyways, for now, Im just going to have to run 3rd gear and above. Im gonna try and post some vids this week. Thanx again for the props :beer:

Nazman

Established Member
lilbuddy1587 said:

Whole diferent set-up. 9.0CR, Oliver billet rods, diferent heads (fully ported), Sullivan intake, single T76.

Just to make things clear. Right now Im in AZ, and will be back to SA o/a the 20 APR. Ill have my current combo for another 2 weeks THEN the turbo motor/set up will go in. The entire project will NOT be finalized unitl o/a the end of JUN.

I said that I would run him on my current combo. Its just a bit lighter and a little more juice than on the video in the sig. Probably good for high 9s@140+MPH.

25PSI, seems you have a nice/sick ride. Contrats on your build. Hope to go down there to Houston and have some fun with some of the boys there.

Naz

25psi

Established Member
Damn high 9's is completely out of my league :-D . Ill still race though, eventhough it wouldnt be nice(on my end). I would love to check out your setup, when your in Houston, give me a buzz!

Common

Established Member
Good luck to both of ya..........be careful and dont do it the stupid way and get railed with tickets god forbid

25psi

Established Member
stroker22 said:
Good luck to both of ya..........be careful and dont do it the stupid way and get railed with tickets god forbid

I have enough of those already!

25psi

Established Member
stroker22 said:

I have enough of those already!

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
25psi said:
Damn high 9's is completely out of my league :-D . Ill still race though, eventhough it wouldnt be nice(on my end). I would love to check out your setup, when your in Houston, give me a buzz!
So what about your warp powered MR2 with it's claimed 667rwhp (on a stock motor, lol :rolleyes: ) that you have posted runs low 10's????

Sound like it could be a race, well one slip up and you'd be the winner.

Or maybe it's just all bollox?? :D

Last edited:

25psi

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
So what about your warp powered MR2 with it's claimed 667rwhp (on a stock motor, lol :rolleyes: ) that you have posted runs low 10's????

Sound like it could be a race, well one slip up and you'd be the winner.

Or maybe it's just all bollox?? :D

Dude I told you dozens of times, that the mr2 is built. Why do you insist on saying stock motor. What I told you was, the 3sgte, is capable of sustaining over 600rwhp, on stock internals, it has been done before. And the rods, have been known, to handle over 700rwhp. What is so hard to discern, from that?

I posted links, moderators have told you they've seen and rode in the car(ls1tech).

I havent been to the track, since I ran an 11.2 at 134(best mph). I've only been to the track once in the mr2 and ran it twice that day. Since I dont have a roll cage, this is whats limiting me from achieving better times.

Another problem now is, I spun a rod bearing. So no racing the deuce for now. Like I said earlier, if your ever in Houston, Ill buy you a beer, so we can sit down and discuss cars. I dont have anything personal against you, its a forum! Dont take things literally. :beer:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Nazman said:
Whole diferent set-up. 9.0CR, Oliver billet rods, diferent heads (fully ported), Sullivan intake, single T76.

Just to make things clear. Right now Im in AZ, and will be back to SA o/a the 20 APR. Ill have my current combo for another 2 weeks THEN the turbo motor/set up will go in. The entire project will NOT be finalized unitl o/a the end of JUN.

I said that I would run him on my current combo. Its just a bit lighter and a little more juice than on the video in the sig. Probably good for high 9s@140+MPH.

25PSI, seems you have a nice/sick ride. Contrats on your build. Hope to go down there to Houston and have some fun with some of the boys there.

Naz

Where in AZ are you? Do you have your car with you? :thumbsup:

Cant wait to see your new setup. Hopefully you spin that ****er to 8500-9k rpms!

PilledV8s

Established Member
25psi said:
Just got my car tuned and havent had a chance to run any quick cars. I tried to jump at a C6 Z06 last night, but he didnt bite! Anyways, if anyone would like to run tonight or this week, let me know. Laterz

Are you scared to run any vettes? I know of 2 vettes that would love to run you. 1 is cam only also.

PilledV8s

Established Member
25psi said:
Its the speedforceracing kit. It has twin 60-1 ball bearing turbos.

You are right about the 500rwhp, being kind of low. Thats becuase, we only rev'd the motor to 6500rpm and not the 7500-8000rpm I wanted to do. Power was still climbing, past 6500, so I would guesstimate anywhere from 550rwhp. Mind you, this was all on 93 oct.

The motor is built with:

Pauter rods(cryotreated and coated)
Aries 9:1 heavy duty pistons(cryotreated and coated)
lightened crank
built heads(ferrera valve train, dual valve springs, retainers, etc...)
Tomei cams
race ported and polish heads
Hks fcon vpro
1000cc injectors
walbro fuel pump
Exedy carbon carbon clutch
Arp L19 head studs
Speedforceracing.com twin 60-1 turbo kit
AAM plenum spacer
etc......

Had a chance to run a 2001 viper on 249 today. We started from a 3rd gear roll and hit it. He pulled about a 1/2 a car, from the start, but quickly made ground by the time I hit fourth. Before I went into 5th, I had already pulled 1-2 cars on him and still pulling(10psi). He pulls next to me and ask me what I have done and I proceeded to tell em. Anyway, he had an exhaust, headers and a tune from RSI. He wouldnt tell me what he made, so I guess somewhere around 550rwhp.

LOL exhaust, headers and tuned 2001 Viper only makes 460rwhp.....LOL and you with 639rwhp only put 2 cars on him

25psi

Established Member
PilledV8s said:
LOL exhaust, headers and tuned 2001 Viper only makes 460rwhp.....LOL and you with 639rwhp only put 2 cars on him

I wasnt on 639rwhp, when I ran him. I was at 10psi, which is low boost for me. The springs for the wastegate wont hold 639rwhp past 5000rpm.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
looks like i'll be down within the next couple of weeks to pick up my new car and drop the cobra off in houston....i'm down to bust up the skittle

25psi

Established Member
PilledV8s said:
Are you scared to run any vettes? I know of 2 vettes that would love to run you. 1 is cam only also.

Im not scared to run anyone. Like I said, if I lose, I lose. No big issue for me. Hell, its more fun being beat, than it is to win constantly. Let me know!

25psi

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
looks like i'll be down within the next couple of weeks to pick up my new car and drop the cobra off in houston....i'm down to bust up the skittle

Let me know. I ran a couple of vettes Tuesday off of 249 and Spring Cypress. One of them was a heads and cam C5 Z06(lost), but it was a good race. I really need DR's, cant get traction in 3rd gear. And the other I raced, was a C6 with boltons(won).

cscollis

Established Member
25psi said:
Let me know. I ran a couple of vettes Tuesday off of 249 and Spring Cypress. One of them was a heads and cam C5 Z06(lost), but it was a good race. I really need DR's, cant get traction in 3rd gear. And the other I raced, was a C6 with boltons(won).

How much rwhp are you making at 11psi? A H/C vette is in the low 400 but have great gearing.

If you want to race a mid 11 sec car let me know. I will drive it down and we can go to the drag strip or highway. I havent had alot of good races lately.

25psi

Established Member
cscollis said:
How much rwhp are you making at 11psi? A H/C vette is in the low 400 but have great gearing.

If you want to race a mid 11 sec car let me know. I will drive it down and we can go to the drag strip or highway. I havent had alot of good races lately.

I heard it made over 450rwhp. But when we ran, I spun in third(still on street tires and him on dr's) and he instantly pulled 1-1 1/2 cars. But when I caught traction, the pull stopped. Not making any excuses, he won.

Im making right around 500rwhp 10-11psi. The graphs are a little misleading, since I kept encountering boost spikes.

Let me know, when you come down. I would love to hit the highway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread