Any Cobras down for a friendly race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
25psi said:
Its the speedforceracing kit. It has twin 60-1 ball bearing turbos.

You are right about the 500rwhp, being kind of low. Thats becuase, we only rev'd the motor to 6500rpm and not the 7500-8000rpm I wanted to do. Power was still climbing, past 6500, so I would guesstimate anywhere from 550rwhp. Mind you, this was all on 93 oct.

The motor is built with:

Pauter rods(cryotreated and coated)
Aries 9:1 heavy duty pistons(cryotreated and coated)
lightened crank
built heads(ferrera valve train, dual valve springs, retainers, etc...)
Tomei cams
race ported and polish heads
Hks fcon vpro
1000cc injectors
walbro fuel pump
Exedy carbon carbon clutch
Arp L19 head studs
Speedforceracing.com twin 60-1 turbo kit
AAM plenum spacer
etc......

Had a chance to run a 2001 viper on 249 today. We started from a 3rd gear roll and hit it. He pulled about a 1/2 a car, from the start, but quickly made ground by the time I hit fourth. Before I went into 5th, I had already pulled 1-2 cars on him and still pulling(10psi). He pulls next to me and ask me what I have done and I proceeded to tell em. Anyway, he had an exhaust, headers and a tune from RSI. He wouldnt tell me what he made, so I guess somewhere around 550rwhp.

All that for maybe 650rwhp? Wow.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
25psi said:
Just got my car tuned and havent had a chance to run any quick cars. I tried to jump at a C6 Z06 last night, but he didnt bite! Anyways, if anyone would like to run tonight or this week, let me know. Laterz

Like it's been said before. Too bad you're so far away. Would love to take you on at a nice road course with a 385hp Cobra "R". :-D

25psi

Established Member
Stangfreek said:
All that for maybe 650rwhp? Wow.

For one, I am limited to how much power I can make, since I only have one walbro fuel pump. Two, once my twin walbro pumps come in, I will be able to make 750-800rwhp with 22-24psi of boost.

cscollis

Established Member
I am in Houston every month. I can drive the vette down. Only 400rwhp but from a dig its pretty tough to beat. Highway racing I run out of gear around 130 but it still pulls hard in OD up to 180ish.

Auto's suck for highway racing but I still love doing it. Raced a BPU+++ (pump gas) Supra a couple of weeks ago and I had him to 120 by a car then he pulled on me and got a half car by 150. Funny thing is when we went higher and he shifted to 5th I started pulling on him and finished ahead of him. We got up to around 165.

Nazman

Established Member
Ill be glad to play after APR 20th. Ill have about 2 weeks after that, then the current motor is going out, and new combo will go in.....then.......

wwwwwwWWWWWWHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS!!!!!:rockon:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :pop: for nazman vs. 25psi.

This thread is getting good :rockon:

Common

Established Member
Not to dis 25psi but that cobra(nazmans) is a mid 10 sec car guys..............check the vid

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
dude that's his old setup. That vid is prob him on motor + spray ( can't watch video as I'm on a PDA)

Last edited:

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
stroker22 said:
Not to dis 25psi but that cobra(nazmans) is a mid 10 sec car guys..............check the vid

The 350z with 650-700rwhp should be right around there. Maybe not a mid 10, but it should definately be in the 10s with a very nice trap speed.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:
The 350z with 650-700rwhp should be right around there. Maybe not a mid 10, but it should definately be in the 10s with a very nice trap speed.

... to bad those are Nazmans times with his OLD SETUP LOL. 25psi's ride is gonna get straight up slaughtered. :pop:

just stirrin the pot a bit :poke:

tonydelvalle

4 banger
Established Member
25psi u chenge the fuel lines yet?i have -8 from the tank to the fuel rail with twin walbros good for 1000whp.email me

Common

Established Member
DouBLeJ16 said:

Just watch the vid man, he ran mid 10 sec with odd looking launch going into second gear and an OLD setup

PS he also ran 9s with it too but didnt post videos yet

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
TTT

so 25psi.... after Nazman posted I watched you check this thread SEVERAL times last night yet no response..... Come onnn make this race happen, besides everyone knows the 99s are slow cuz they didn't come with a factory blower or forged internals like the Terminators which you say are no match compared to your TT 350z lol.

So is the Nazman vs. 25psi race gonna be on or not?

:pop:

25psi

Established Member
kingCOBRAsvt_99 said:
TTT

so 25psi.... after Nazman posted I watched you check this thread SEVERAL times last night yet no response..... Come onnn make this race happen, besides everyone knows the 99s are slow cuz they didn't come with a factory blower or forged internals like the Terminators which you say are no match compared to your TT 350z lol.

So is the Nazman vs. 25psi race gonna be on or not?

:pop:

Im down to race. I dont even know the guy! What is his setup? If you say, he has a 9sec car, I would get slaughtered! Im only running 10psi as of now. My high boost setting, isnt holding boost, becuase of my wastegate springs, being to soft. It will spike between 16-18 and drop to 12-13. Let me know what he has. Maybe, I can run him on low boost or something.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
He is currently finishing up a single turbo build. Just like his post at the top of this page says he'll be down to run after April 20th as that's when he should be done. Thatll give you some time to get your boost leak issue fixed. I seriously think its gonna be a good race even tho I'm pullin for nazman to win. I wish I didn't live in VA because I def would like to watch it go down in person.

25psi

Established Member
kingCOBRAsvt_99 said:
He is currently finishing up a single turbo build. Just like his post at the top of this page says he'll be down to run after April 20th as that's when he should be done. Thatll give you some time to get your boost leak issue fixed. I seriously think its gonna be a good race even tho I'm pullin for nazman to win. I wish I didn't live in VA because I def would like to watch it go down in person.

Ill run em! IF I lose, I lose. O well! There's always someone faster. Let me know, when his car is finished. Im pretty sure, it will be a monster. Especially a single turbo cobra! :beer:

thasalvoo

25psi awesome numbers bro...good luck to ya.. cant wait to get my 350...ive been holding out for the right one

25psi

Established Member
thasalvoo said:
25psi awesome numbers bro...good luck to ya.. cant wait to get my 350...ive been holding out for the right one

Thanx for the props. Are you looking for a newer model 07? What exactly are you looking for? I know a couple of people that are selling their 350z's. Are you on my350z.com? There are people selling some now, that are really nice. Let me know what you decide. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread