what do you think about STIs?

what do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musclefan21

Established Member
Since I can't really affod a decent cobra right now, I have been thinking to get myself a used STI. I have heard those things can be made quick easy, cheap and very relaible but most importantly, they are very fun to drive and rides nice.

This is just an idea. Nothing serious.

what are your opinions?

04wrxsti.jpg

144813635_875d15abed.jpg

STi_rear2_lr.jpg

interior2.jpg

Last edited:

CobraKid04

Established Member
I think they would be a fun DD. I would get at 2007 or older bc the new ones look like ass.

musclefan21

Established Member
I think they would be a fun DD. I would get at 2007 or older bc the new ones look like ass.

I am thinking like 03 /04 STI but I might change my mind anytime since there are so many nice cars out there. But i have always liked STIs.

Jroc

Established Member
If I was going to get one it would be in that style. If I couldn't afford a Terminator and wasn't byiest to a particular brand I would probably look at getting an early LS1 powered WS6.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I love them. When I was looking for my V I was thinking about a STI. The insurance is higher on that than it is in my V, they also get slightly less MPG, and my buddy had a bad experience with the trans. I'd drive one in a heart beat.

musclefan21

Established Member
I love them. When I was looking for my V I was thinking about a STI. The insurance is higher on that than it is in my V, they also get slightly less MPG, and my buddy had a bad experience with the trans. I'd drive one in a heart beat.

what happened with the trans? did he beat the crap out of it or trans sucks on those things?

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Hate too sink your boat, save your money, STI 'sare fast
but they are f*cking ugly. Not too mention they are the most,
riceist (if thats even a word) looking import ever.
And if you do buy one, don't forgot to put a 3 inch exhaust on it
that way you can make it official.

musclefan21

Established Member
Hate too sink your boat, save your money, STI 'sare fast
but they are f*cking ugly. Not too mention they are the most,
riceist (if thats even a word) looking import ever.
And if you do buy one, don't forgot to put a 3 inch exhaust on it
that way you can make it official.

:lol:

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Have you looked at the prices? I don't think they are significantly cheaper than a cobra.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
what happened with the trans? did he beat the crap out of it or trans sucks on those things?

It was his moms regular wrx so it wasn't driven hard but the trans just took a crap. I think 2nd and 3rd went out within 30k. It wasn't the STI so I don't know if they beef up the trans but it kind of scared me away.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I like them besides the wing....I'm looking at a sti or an Evo as a DD. i know the trans arfe weak in a STI but if your not doing any seriose mods you should be fine.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Those might have rebuilt titles or have been wrecked. When I was looking they were low 20's and that was less than 6 months ago.

musclefan21

Established Member
Those might have rebuilt titles or have been wrecked. When I was looking they were low 20's and that was less than 6 months ago.

might be. Not sure. as i said, i am not looking to buy one right now. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread