what do you think about STIs?

what do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

97cobra1

Established Member
Easy Street/ESX STi. Look it up.

I say go with an Evo. I loved mine and I miss it still. Get the 2005+ Evo 8 or the Evo 9. No reason to waste time on the STi (although the first generation here looked pretty good).

Don't really consider an aftermarket shop writing off their work as a special edition just because they number them a special edition car.

STG

Banned
Subarus are great cars. I bought a new Legacy GT (250 h.p. / 250 lb. ft. turbo) in 2005. The car was fantastic, but Subaru of America and most dealer service departments are crap. I recently sold my Subaru.

I really miss the car, but I will not put up with SOA and most Subaru dealers.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Easy Street/ESX STi. Look it up.

I say go with an Evo. I loved mine and I miss it still. Get the 2005+ Evo 8 or the Evo 9. No reason to waste time on the STi (although the first generation here looked pretty good).

That's a shop produced edition, not made by subaru. I'd hardly call it a special edition.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't really consider an aftermarket shop writing off their work as a special edition just because they number them a special edition car.

That's a shop produced edition, not made by subaru. I'd hardly call it a special edition.

:rolleyes:

Well then you two brainstorm and come up with what the poster perceived as a "Special Edition" that matches that description. Easy Street is the only one that sounds familiar.

I didn't call it a special edition, but I can certainly understand why someone not into Subarus would mistake it for one, hence the poster's reply...

97cobra1

Established Member
:rolleyes:

Well then you two brainstorm and come up with what the poster perceived as a "Special Edition" that matches that description. Easy Street is the only one that sounds familiar.

I didn't call it a special edition, but I can certainly understand why someone not into Subarus would mistake it for one, hence the poster's reply...

Doesn't matter why he did or didn't, simple fact is it isn't.

Juruense

Banned
Oh great now we are arguing about what qualifies as a special edition mobile park bench.

Give me a ***king break.

burnzilla

Established Member
Nice cars, go fast and handle great. Will hand out a beating to just about anything normally found on the street below the level of Cobras, Vettes & Vipers.

There are alot of cars out there that will take an STi, especially on the highway where the AWD kills'em.

97cobra1

Established Member
:rollseyes Good god you little weenie. I don't care enough to argue over something as petty as this. I was just throwing out the info.

There's no argument man. And i don't really see why the name calling is really necessary. But a shop produced package for a car is hardly a special edition of it. I don't see where you even see an argument to begin with... Especially when all it takes to get this "special edition" is to call them up and say, "Hey i want it" and you got it. Generally a special edition is limited run and when they're gone they're gone.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
There's no argument man. And i don't really see why the name calling is really necessary. But a shop produced package for a car is hardly a special edition of it. I don't see where you even see an argument to begin with... Especially when all it takes to get this "special edition" is to call them up and say, "Hey i want it" and you got it. Generally a special edition is limited run and when they're gone they're gone.

You're the boss...

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0503tur_subaru_esx_sti/index.html

And I'm done.

97cobra1

Established Member
Last edited:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
The STi is a pretty fun car. I had an 04 for a little over a year and I really enjoyed (not as much as my Cobra that replaced it though). The 04's are the the most raw STis, everything after that they become more soft IMO. The 04s came without radios, floormats, different suspension bits, and the very first ones seemed to have pinging problems because the computers were overly aggressive, if I rememebr correctly. And the 04 was the only year that they actually used pink for the decals and the badges, and in the interior "STi" wording stuff. Pink is the color of the warrior in Japan (That is what Subie said anyway). From MY 05 on, Subie used a red color for the badges, stickers and interior stuff, I guess too many people complained about having pink on their car, lol.

You will definately enjoy the car though. It was very fun. I will say that my 06 Evo IX (even stock) definately was faster and outhandled my lightly modded STi. And the downer for me with STis now is that i see them absolutely everywhere. They outnumber Evos, Cobras and Lightnings (the 3 vehicles I got after it) buy at least 8 to 1, no joke, it may be worse than that up here in the North East.

earl lee

Established Member
That's complete crap. STIs have very strong drivetrains. Sounds like you are regurgitating crap you know nothing about. I know plenty of high hp STIs in Austin and none have ever had transmission problems. :shrug:

I guess its strong if you consider plexi glass strong. ive personally seen them blow up at the drag strip, but I guess that was my imagination. :shrug:

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
I guess its strong if you consider plexi glass strong. ive personally seen them blow up at the drag strip, but I guess that was my imagination. :shrug:

WRX? Probably. STI? Sure you have. :rollseyes

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
wow, the only people supplying factual information in this thread get labled 'fanbois' and donkey shit gets thrown at them. if you want to find out info on a car, do research on your own. dont go by anecdotal 'evidence'(trannies failing at the dragstrip, probably because of redline clutch dumps in an AWD car) and other peoples 'research', because nearly all of it contains bias. and to the idiots who are saying they 'havn't seen a fast one' so they cant be made fast, quit being STUPID.

snake134

i prefer the evo much over the sti because

1. i think they look better
2. they engine is easier to work on
3. evo is a little more modable than the sti
4. it'll respond to mods a little bit better
5. handles a bit better than the sti
6. the evo seats>sti seats

DriftwoodSVT

Established Member
wow, the only people supplying factual information in this thread get labled 'fanbois' and donkey shit gets thrown at them. if you want to find out info on a car, do research on your own. dont go by anecdotal 'evidence'(trannies failing at the dragstrip, probably because of redline clutch dumps in an AWD car) and other peoples 'research', because nearly all of it contains bias. and to the idiots who are saying they 'havn't seen a fast one' so they cant be made fast, quit being STUPID.

:beer: well said.

Users who are viewing this thread