what do you think about STIs?

what do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If your getting an STI because you just want a DD that's fairly quick, handles VERY well and gets decent fuel economy than go for it. If you want a car that is cheap to mod look elswhere- they are much more expensive mod for mod vs a Terminator. I've had 2 and they were both a kick in the ass. But I'd rather have a Cobra any day of the week. But that's just me. Not sure what other folks have seen but I can say from first hand experience that while they are expensive to mod they can also be EXTREMELY fast. My 2nd one was pushing 378 AWHP and was fast as hell....wife hated it though so we ended up with an Audi- much more practical, still AWD and 300+ hp, but not nearly as fun to drive.

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
they are fast, but they just look very, very cheap on the inside. It is just a econobox with a fast engine. They aren't that cheap, considering. How much do STI owners beat on their cars?

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
I'm not a big fan of Japanese Imports, but this is a car I would own. I wouldn't take one over my car, or a Cobra or Vette or anything.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
look at the last body style legacy. they can be made just as fast and i think they look a lil bit nicer/bigger body. but i would love an sti.

20stang02

Established Member
not a fan of STI's...If I had to choose between an Evo or STI it would be EVO VIII all the way...the new evos and sti's are so fuggging ugly anyway:xpl::xpl::xpl::xpl::xpl:

DriveNASCAR

AKA ColdFusion
Established Member
They're fast and I happen to like the way they look. And, as far as I know, Subarus are supposed to be fairly reliable.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
My GF has a 2005 STi, black with the Gold Rims. The car is somewhat cool but I have some complaints with it. First though is cost, I'm not sure what Cobras you're looking at but she paid 2k more than I did for my 03 tenth vert, and hers has more miles.

It handles well, but rides like a lumber wagon. It pulls well, but is not all that fast.

I don't like the shifter, it's in a wierd position and feels wierd.

I don't like the seating position, I can never seem to get comfortable in it.

Those are just my preferences, and I would never buy one for myself because of it.

Another little car that gets good mileage and is fun to drive is the mini cooper s, it will handle on rails and is very peppy, plus gets fantastic mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread