Difference in a vert an a coupe?

Fire_snake

Established Member
Ok guys im new to the this site an cobras but im gettting a vert! I just wanted to know of any pros n cons to the coupe? Thanks

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
You're gonna be heavier... harder to stiffen/brace, and have to suffer a bit more road noise... that being said I love my vert... even if it's a bit slower, theres nothing like punching it and hearing the whine of the blower while cruising down the road with the top down, haha

mach1033

Established Member
The vert is heavier and you will have to stiffen it up some but like the other member said I love mine. When you get it post up some pics and we can help steer you in the right direction as far as suspension mods go.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I never knew how loose it was until I stiffened it up with some MM FLSC. I swear the car sounds and feels completely different now. If the previous owner knew what he was doing - it is probably already installed.

Little heavier and slower - but still a ton of fun to drive! :)

trendkilllx

Established Member
I have an 03 coupe with the mm full length subframes, really made a difference in reducing flex, thinking they would be just as effective on the vert.

greengt88

Established Member
i like my vert but wish it was a coupe alot of times...but then again it feels good to blast the unsuspecting soul that underestimates a convertible....happens all the time lol!

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I've always wanted to ride in a 03/04 vert. There is always some extra sex appeal with a vert...but I love my hard top to much lol!

Fire_snake

Established Member
Thanks alot for the feedback an i will definately put up pics once i get my vert!! I have been doing alot of reading but i already luv the whine from the supercharger an i dont have mine yet. Mostly youtube videos

black 10th vert

Established Member
Well, the coupes may be better for a dedicated racer, but the vert is a better all around cruising toy inmo, that can still be just as fast. Honestly the weight difference isn't big enough that you would ever see a difference unless you are wringing the car out on the 1/4 mile track to get every last 1/10 of a second out of it. As said, full length sub frames should be one of your first mods, as they make a huge difference, but if you are just going to street cruise you can wait a bit. There are factory subframe connecyors, but as someone else said, they are kind of a joke, and I can't really see why they even bothered. They are constructed of the cheap thinwall tubing like a cheap weight bench is made from, and held on by bolts! Personally, I think they just add 15-20 lbs to the car with no real benefit at all. I went with Hans Racecraft subframes, which are a truss design with integrated jacking rails along the rocker panels (really nice if you can find them). I also went with the Hans rear strut brace, which is welded into the trunk, connecting the shock towers, and a MM front strut tower brace as well, plus some other stuff to help with stiffness. It is a very tight car, and I still have the benefit of dropping the top when ever the mood strikes me (which is every time I drive it!).:banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The main reason why I have never owned a convertible is that they're just that much easier to break into. Doesn't take much to slip the cloth top and jump in. Of course a polished thief can get into a coupe almost as easily, but I just like the metal roof. No denying, though, that on a nice summer day there is NOTHING like cruising with the top down. And in my opinion the extra 115 lbs. is not enough for the average Terminator owner to sweat about. It certainly won't diminish the fun factor! :)

3,665 lbs. -- Coupe weight
3,780 lbs. -- Convertible weight

Fire Snake, you're new to the 2003-2004 Cobra so I highly recommend you browse through my Terminator FAQs. Here's the link. .. Terminator FAQs

mach1033

Established Member
i like my vert but wish it was a coupe alot of times...but then again it feels good to blast the unsuspecting soul that underestimates a convertible....happens all the time lol!

couldnt agree with you more!!!! no one ever thinks a vert is gonna kick some asssssss. :burnout:

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
The main reason why I have never owned a convertible is that they're just that much easier to break into. Doesn't take much to slip the cloth top and jump in. Of course a polished thief can get into a coupe almost as easily, but I just like the metal roof. No denying, though, that on a nice summer day there is NOTHING like cruising with the top down. And in my opinion the extra 115 lbs. is not enough for the average Terminator owner to sweat about. It certainly won't diminish the fun factor! :)

3,665 lbs. -- Coupe weight
3,780 lbs. -- Convertible weight

Fire Snake, you're new to the 2003-2004 Cobra so I highly recommend you browse through my Terminator FAQs. Here's the link. .. Terminator FAQs

I agree.

My thoughts is im a big fanof driving with the top down,but IMHO i think they are ugly as sin with the top up,xD

Users who are viewing this thread