Avoid Asperformance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowmofo

Wut?
Established Member
the guy asked if the car had been hit and you didn't feel like answering him???

GTFO

thats some shady shit right there..

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Look I never once said it had not been hit, The guy who asked the question could have jsut as easily sent me a PM, I would have sent him the Vin, Yes it had paint in the past, I only listed it for $9000 OBO, with clean carfax, I chose not to answer his question, which is my right which I beleve is what this country was founed on, If you all want to bann me because I chosse not to answer his question, I told him it had paint work and that the paint was weak, and that it had an ODO discrepancy on carfax. Which is 100% truth. I don't see the big issue, It is no secret that I sell a lot of wrecked cars, with salvage history, I always disclaim that. I have good trader ratings and never screwed anyone out of anything, and if I get banned because you all THINK i lied then you will have to probabbly have to ban just about everyone on here, cause I know we are all perfect right.

:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

Buh Bye

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
It was no secret he was doing this. Ask Trey about the car he bought from him.

red95gts

Established Member
That's bullshit. You went out of your way to not disclose that the car had been wrecked and wrecked hard. It's one thing to have a minor fender bender, replace a bumper cover and call it a day. That car was hit HARD and you're going to simply say the paint was "weak"? Maybe this is why you NEVER publically post pictures of any of your cars for sale?

This type of shit is EXACTLY why I paid a premium for a local 93 Cobra.

Ban him.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
thats some bull shit right there!

and i dont care WHAT that jack ass says that car will NEVER be the same! if you think it will be please put down the crack! getting a unibody car back to the way it came off the jigs at ford is impossable! my mustang was "with in spec" and the dash and door didnt line up

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I've always known this guy was shaddy. Had a dealing with him in the past and it wasn't good. He must have forgot about that when he said he's never sold anyone on this site a car. POS.:nonono:
He told me he was a service member too. Looks like at least 3 of us got burned. He used a very sim listing on the Teal I bought back then. I have his full name and addy and the shop he used if needed.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324621

Last edited:

eci

Banned
Just because carfax is clean doesnt mean the car is. I all but totalled an old truck I had, and the body shop fixed it and nothing was ever reported on Carfax. Got decent money for it when I traded it in also.

I've had my 92 hit about 5 times. Taken it to AAA "authorized" repair center each time, nothing shady ever. Carfax = clean.

Red99SVT

Established Member
I got slammed for trying to warn people about him as well. He would always tell people how they were asking too much for this and that. He is semi close to me and many people I know have told me how shady he is.

stubes

Established Member
maybe since he has so many cobras he justs forgets all the pertinent details on each one????

i had a dealing with him years ago where he jerked me around on buying my 93 i was selling at the time.

shady as hell, basically don't ask don't tell policy on disclosing an accident like that.
i hope he gets stuck with that entire fleet of cars

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I got slammed for trying to warn people about him as well. He would always tell people how they were asking too much for this and that. He is semi close to me and many people I know have told me how shady he is.

YOu did it the WRONG way and then got pissy when you got called on it.:dw:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
the real problem is he failed to disclose the damage. I do body repair and have been around bodyshops for the past 23 years and personally own a cheif frame straightening machine. I agree that some cars are wrecked beyond repair, but most as with the car in question are easily repairable without any problems. It is all a matter of who fixes it, a bodyman with years of experience and cares and takes pride in his work or a shop that uses a different bodyman each week and does whatever it takes to get the car on the road as fast and cheap as possible. with a asking price of 9k the car is worth every penny as the average selling price for a 93 cobra is 10k - 13k and price greatly increases the lower the miles. So the damage, price, was not the real problem , just that he failed to be honest about its history. If the car was truly as nice as he claims it would speak for its self. Also I believe a salvage title doesnt hurt a car as much when it is older & rarer , how many people here have wrecked their car or truck, had it fixed and still drive it everyday? And they dont have a salvage title cause they had it repaired on their own or it technically was totaled. Anyway I hope this teaches everyone to be honest with sales.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
How did I miss all of this? Great job guys. I'm looking for a Cobra as of yesterday, and I'll probably buy from the Market section here, so it's good have members of this site looking out for other members. Massive ownage is always awesome. SVTP FTW!

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462332

I bolded the important part of this post. All I have to say is O RLY? This is what asperformance's "ALWAYS Clean" car looked like in December:

Edited by L.L. DON'T QUOTE THE PICS!

I have progress pics of asperformance rebuilding the car too. I have no idea why carfax shows this car as being clean. It was my neighbor's former car, and thanks to LL, we matched up the VIN numbers and they are the same (thanks LL). The car has also been in at least two other accidents besides the one that totaled in in December (front left fender slid against a guardrail, and it got rear ended once). Just giving a heads-up to everyone, and anyone who has bought a car from him that was "clean", get it checked out.

If a car is wrecked and fixed and not reported to an insurance co or dmv or reported to carfax they will not pick up on it

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Quite frankly just seeing that guy on here you knew somehow he was up to something. He allways had 93r's or a bunch of 93 Cobra's sitting in his front yard. His house looked like a rebuilt mobile home.

Hey asperformance we all know you're coming back and looking at this thread even though you can't log in. Well here's what I got to say to you.

"Kiss my ass you lying sack of shit! I hope your ass gets busted by one of the guys you sold one of your piece's of shit too and he comes back and sues your ass! You're truely a low down sack of shit!"

posi

boosted306

Established Member
I sold a wrecked car to a shop that did the same exact thing. Two days later he had it on corral for double what I sold it to him for. That is fine but he tried to tell people that it hadn't ever been wrecked and blah blah blah. I hate this type of stuff.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
If a car is wrecked and fixed and not reported to an insurance co or dmv or reported to carfax they will not pick up on it

But insurance paid my neighbor a lot of money for it, so they definitely knew it was totaled.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Hey, if I was looking at a car that I thought was clean, I'd want someone to let me know that it wasn't, so when I saw it (luckily I did, well, luckily for everyone eying the car up), I had to see if it was the same car or not.

Thanks bro for lookin out...

I'll make sure to avoid such nice clean Cobras.:dw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread