Cobra R's for sale and wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedthing

It about CHANGING LANES
Established Member
For those in search of a 2000R, there are 12 listed this week on the AutoTrader website. Go to "www.traderonline.com", choose the "Collector" section, then enter 2000 Ford Mustang, keyword "Cobra R". Looks like there are some pretty good deals to be had for those looking for their first or a spare 2000R. Hmmmmm.....having a spare would be nice.

Speedthing
2000R #164
'96 Cobra conv. spchg

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Speedthing
For those in search of a 2000R, there are 12 listed this week on the AutoTrader website. Go to "www.traderonline.com", choose the "Collector" section, then enter 2000 Ford Mustang, keyword "Cobra R". Looks like there are some pretty good deals to be had for those looking for their first or a spare 2000R. Hmmmmm.....having a spare would be nice.

Speedthing
2000R #164
'96 Cobra conv. spchg

I saw one in TX with 6k miles, for just $39,999.....if its in decent condition, thats a STEAL!!!! :-D :-D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR

Yep, I had the high bid on it. He wouldn't let it go for any less than 28.5K. :shrug:

and the 2nd time he had it on there, it only went up to 14k :shrug: :shrug:

I'd email him if I were you ;)

also, do you remember the one from gingerman? I have his info if you are interested....

http://www.superford.org/registry/showpic.php?pID=17851

Last edited:

1Fast R

Hummmm, I tried that search and it came up with no 00Cobra R's for sale. I tried it several different times. Wonder what I am doing wrong........

Speedthing

It about CHANGING LANES
Established Member
Originally posted by 1Fast R
Hummmm, I tried that search and it came up with no 00Cobra R's for sale. I tried it several different times. Wonder what I am doing wrong........

Just tried it now and everything appears normal.
After you have chosen "collector car" and the "search", here is the data to fill in on the next page that comes up; where it asks for "year range", fill in "2000 to 2000". For "Make", choose "Ford". For "Model", type in "Mustang". Then for "Keyword", type in "Cobra R". Leave all of the other cells blank and then just click the "Begin Search" button. This should work for you.
Let us know if it is still problematic.

Speedthing

1Fast R

Thanks Spedthing! You know what I was doing wrong? I was typing in2000 Cobra R in the "Keyword" space and it didn't come up. Thanks again..

Vicki2000

Blown V8

If anyone has interest, a buddy of mine here in Columbus Ohio just acquired cobra R vin number 222935 (early car, near mine #222929, which is #46). This makes the 5th or 6th 2000 R here in Columbus!! WATCH OUT TEXAS!!! Apparently I am the only one who isnt a big pu$$, and WONT drive it on the street, though...none of the other ones are ever to be found at shows/tracks, etc, etc.

This car is for sale, in the $48K range, and has only 150 miles on it. All the paperwork, and literature included.

Nice car, as are all of them. Has some of the typical slight blemishes that a good percentage of us have incountered. Hood looks to have already been redone, though.

He would consider a reasonable offer if someone was interested in one. You can reach me at [email protected] if you have, or know of anyone with interest. Can send lots of pics if needed. Thanks! Jeremy

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Blown V8
If anyone has interest, a buddy of mine here in Columbus Ohio just acquired cobra R vin number 222935 (early car, near mine #222929, which is #46). This makes the 5th or 6th 2000 R here in Columbus!! WATCH OUT TEXAS!!! Apparently I am the only one who isnt a big pu$$, and WONT drive it on the street, though...none of the other ones are ever to be found at shows/tracks, etc, etc.

This car is for sale, in the $48K range, and has only 150 miles on it. All the paperwork, and literature included.

Nice car, as are all of them. Has some of the typical slight blemishes that a good percentage of us have incountered. Hood looks to have already been redone, though.

He would consider a reasonable offer if someone was interested in one. You can reach me at [email protected] if you have, or know of anyone with interest. Can send lots of pics if needed. Thanks! Jeremy
Why would it have blemishes and have a repainted hood with only 150 miles on it??? sounds kinda suspicious to me???

Blown V8

Andy, have you not followed all the (MANY) threads previous-to-now concerning the paint issues many of us have encountered? Hood blisters? Bubbling above the front headlights? I have so far documented 12-14 cars so far in my area (mostly early cars..however some MUCH later in the prod. run) which all exhibit the EXACT same problems.

Bill in Florida went so far as to push Ford on a manufacture defect (warrantee) issue, even though the car didnt come with a warrantee; and they ARE paying up, and have done so several times so far. (see in page two of the R's for sale...Bill and NJ2000R (Ken) discuss this matter)......

My car has ALL the exact same defects, as do many other cars in the surrounding three to four states around me that I have met. (My car is 6 VIN numbers off this piece) The hoods of most of them have bubbles (LARGE), which is believed to be uncured epoxy, which is working its way outta the fiberglass of the hood. (heat seems to compound this problem on some cars...not all, though...) Ford initially tried to blame it on pollution/fallout, but later retracted their position on this matter, and recognized that it is clearly a manufacture defect (hoods were rushed to production, and not fully cured on ALL CARS!!!!!!!) Similiar defects occured on a good percentage of of these cars that I and a few local SVT dealers have checked out. There is also an area above the headlights prone to issues to. There are multiple blisters/bubbles just above the rubber surrounding the headlights of the car. This area is just above the headlights, but not ON TOP of the fender (just on the sides). Bills' car in Florida is EXACTLY the same as mine, albeit quite a bit later of car...

The hood on the car in question was done by the Ford dealer, and has paperwork to show that it was covered under "warrantee"....what ever you want to read into on that matter.....the hood only was painted, and is still the original piece. The front fender bumps above the headlights are untouched, and still remain.

Point is, Ford realized that they dicked-up the paint from the factory on a great percentage of these cars. Yours' may not have the aforementioned issues, but ALOT of us do. (this was not a problem limited to just Rs...its is widespread, on many cars in the 2000 run...including 6 cyls, GTs, etc). Just look throught the old threads, and you will come across some VERY heated discussions with Ford, Bill, and alot of us who felt slighted by shi**y paint issues. My car has not yet been fixed, but I am in the process of doing so currently. Once you see an "untouched" car such as mine before the problems are fixed, you would understand why someone would choose to fix it....Its pretty sad to have a 150 mile (this one), or 2000 mile car(mine)with big-time paint defects FROM THE FACTORY. Try to explain it at EVERY show/event you attend!!! It's almost as laughable as the factory exhaust! Race car or not, its unexcuseable workmanship as Bill pointed out many months ago. :bash:

So, to answer your question, this is not a "fishy, or suspicious car". I went all over it before we bought it. Its a straight up car, with a previous owner who couldn't live with the shotty-ass job that Ford did on the paint. :bash: (I can't say that I blame him after living with my factory f-ups for nearly a year.)

.....My eleven cents.

Jeremy

Last edited:

Andy M

Established Member
Jeremy,

Sorry man.. I didn't realize that it was due to the piss poor paint job?? Actually, mine has a pretty decent paint job on it, probably one of only a few which does. I only have one very little (not noticable unless I point it out to you) spot which has a few little fish bubbles.

So, is this car still for sale??

Blown V8

Yea, its truely ashame. I am still pondering whether to leave mine alone, or repaint it..such a hard decision. Alot of them have great paint, but lots of us don't, and have to deal with the continual comments about "whats that in the hood..."

Yes, the car is still available too, and a heck of a nice piece, as you would expect with less than 200 miles. Let me know if you know of anyone looking/wanting. They would probably consider a close offer is someone is in the market. Take care Andy...

Jeremy

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
I am looking for a 2000 Cobra R...

For about 40K as well...

I am thinking about getting one in the next month or so... but if it shows up sooner for the right price I would do that.

Sincerely,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread