Cobra R's for sale and wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
here's one on ebay, currently only $40,100 and the RESERVE has been MET!!!!! Depending on how much the high bidder has bid, anyone could grab this car at a great price!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1857857705&rd=1
Man,

You have got to be kidding right?? $40K dollars for an R with only 39 miles on it?!!!! :( :bash: Man, the stock market and the economy are sure beating up exotic car prices??

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Man,

You have got to be kidding right?? $40K dollars for an R with only 39 miles on it?!!!! :( :bash: Man, the stock market and the economy are sure beating up exotic car prices??

true.....funny thing is, there were 2 other 00R's on ebay a week or so ago, both with reserves, and they were bid up to 46 or 47k.....and didnt meet reserve.....its all about timing i guess.....

SL 1993 R

Established Member
The price of the 2000 "R" had to drop,,, the car is 3 years old now and with the 2003 pushing out as much hp as it is, it reduces the number of people looking for a 2000R.

The Shelby market is really starting to move right now however.. In the last 12 months the 67's have doubled in price.. if the economy was the primary factor for the 2000R, then other collector cars would also be falling..

just my thoughts on the matter,,

ps.. I'm not trying to start a comparism of the 03 with R's either..

BRIMSTONE

The Shelby is decades old while the R is only 3 years old, and thus much more affected by typical market factors (economy, the 03 Cobra, flood of high performance cars on the market). The R will never be as much of a collector car as a Shelby (obviously), but in time we will see that at the very least it will not depreciate nearly as much as an 03 Cobra will. At only 3 years old, however, I think the economy does play a large part.

Mike

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
The Shelby is decades old while the R is only 3 years old, and thus much more affected by typical market factors (economy, the 03 Cobra, flood of high performance cars on the market). The R will never be as much of a collector car as a Shelby (obviously), but in time we will see that at the very least it will not depreciate nearly as much as an 03 Cobra will. At only 3 years old, however, I think the economy does play a large part.

Mike
I would agree with Mike's assessment. I think in time the 2000 R will be worth sticker again??? It will take a while though? I for one do not plan on selling mine any time soon, unless I am forced to do so due to financial reasons?? I am having way too much fun with it!!!! :D

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE

Mike

As an 03 owner, I would have to agree that there is no way that the 03 will retain their value anywhere near the R especially the 2000 version. By the way you guys have a beautiful car. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
I think I would be shot by one of your if I bought an R.. I would drive the heck out of it.. I would drive it almost daily and race it.. Sorry if that offends anyone.. When I built Classic mustangs I drove them too...

TcM-668

Heck no we would not get mad at you for hammering an R the way they were meant to be driven.

Mine has 9700 miles and I drive it to and from school, go to the grocery store, and just make a nuisance of my self...

I love the power and the sound, and I love messign with F-body's and the imports...

Besides if you did that, there would be a chance you would wreck it, and then someone would have a spare engine and there would be 1 less to drive the value down. Just Kidding.

Hope you get one if you want one.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Even myself, I could have made a killing last year when I acquired my R, but was not interested. I had four or five offers, and each time I told the people the car was not for sale, as it never will be. I love this car too much, and am having a blast with it, whether it be running to the mini mart for a gallon of milk, or doing 140 down the back stretch of Watkins Glen (this past July), this car is the most incredible Mustang I have ever owned!!! Oh, and when I got the car end of last year, it had 1500 miles on it, and now I am about to turn 5000 before I put it away for the winter in another month or so. What good is it just sitting and collecting dust? Just my .02

Last edited:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Don't worry guys the prices for 00 R's are still up there. Just sold the one we had. Let's just say he should have bought it through e-bay when I had it on and not through the other salesman. Oopsie on his part.:shrug: around 50 is still good. There are a lot of guys still looking that believe they sold for 70K new.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by DAVESVT2000
Even myself, I could have made a killing last year when I acquired my R, but was not interested. I had four or five offers, and each time I told the people the car was not for sale, as it never will be. I love this car too much, and am having a blast with it, whether it be running to the mini mart for a gallon of milk, or doing 140 down the back stretch of Watkins Glen (this past July), this car is the most incredible Mustang I have ever owned!!! Oh, and when I got the car end of last year, it had 1500 miles on it, and now I am about to turn 5000 before I put it away for the winter in another month or so. What good is it just sitting and collecting dust? Just my .02
Dave,

I know what you mean man! I don't think I could part with mine. I bought #155 in August 2001 with 1300 miles on it, and I am now knocking on 10,000 miles!!!! :eek: And loving every minute!!

Long live the R!!!:D

1Fast R

I got some information that there is a 2000 Cobra R for sale on the showroom floor at Razzari Ford in Selma Ca. in the Central Valley. It has 12 miles on the odometer and has a price tag of $60,000.

I looked on my Dealer's Allocation list and Razzari Ford was not allocated for an R......

SL 1993 R

Established Member
The car is at Swanson Fahrney Ford in Selma, not Razzari..... it has been a showroom piece since they came out. Last I heard, he was keeping the "R" for himself and it wasn't for sale, (about 3 months ago), but things change.. The phone number there is 559- 834 - 5391 if someone is interested in it..

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
There are two 2000 R's on ebaymotors right now. No reserve on either. One has 21.5 miles and starts at 42.5K and the other has 51 miles and starts at 45k. I want to buy one, but my wife won't let me...:cuss: Thought you R guys would want to know....

kevin

Originally posted by cito
There are two 2000 R's on ebaymotors right now. No reserve on either. One has 21.5 miles and starts at 42.5K and the other has 51 miles and starts at 45k. I want to buy one, but my wife won't let me...:cuss: Thought you R guys would want to know....

i don't get it. look at the last line under your sig:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread