Cobra R's for sale and wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by cito
Great point...no good response for that. That damn superego....:chicken:

LoL. Hey you could be a fan of id software!

93SVTCobra

Established Member
93CobraR#57,

Do you have any pics of the car you can post? Did you try to sell this R on ebay a while back?

Thanks!

93CobraR#57

Established Member
Originally posted by 93SVTCobra
93CobraR#57,

Do you have any pics of the car you can post? Did you try to sell this R on ebay a while back?

Thanks!

It's actually my uncle's car (he doesn't get around the forums much) and I listed it for him. The email address & phone number in the post is his, and I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from someone if they are truly interested. I know he has pictures and would be happy to send them out if requested.

The car is in VERY VERY nice condition, but he needs to sell it fast due to family issues right now. :shrug:

It has been for sale in a Mustang publication for a higher price for a while, but I don't believe it has been in Ebay. Recently there was a 93 R from the Minneapolis area up, but it was 100% stock.

This R is for someone who wants to get their foot in road courses. This car laps Road America within an eyelash of a Viper. Thanks guys!

Speedthing

It about CHANGING LANES
Established Member
Originally posted by 93CobraR#57
It's actually my uncle's car (he doesn't get around the forums much) and I listed it for him. The email address & phone number in the post is his, and I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from someone if they are truly interested. I know he has pictures and would be happy to send them out if requested.

The car is in VERY VERY nice condition, but he needs to sell it fast due to family issues right now. :shrug:

It has been for sale in a Mustang publication for a higher price for a while, but I don't believe it has been in Ebay. Recently there was a 93 R from the Minneapolis area up, but it was 100% stock.

This R is for someone who wants to get their foot in road courses. This car laps Road America within an eyelash of a Viper. Thanks guys!
I know this car and Gary very well from my days with the UMR Shelby, Mustang and Ford club. The car is immaculate and will haul some serious butt on the track. I'd love to have the car down here parked along side my 00R but I'm out of garage space right now. The car and everything that goes with it is an absolute buy. Man I wish I had one more garage stall. Tell Gary that Charles and Julie said "hello".

Speedthing
2000 R #164
96 Cobra conv. spchg

Blown V8

I recently posted this elsewhere on the site, and thought it would also help to copy and paste it here:

I am somewhat disappointed in the recent sales of these cars (00 Rs), especially when I thought they had "bottomed-out" for the time-being when I bought mine about a year ago for ten g's under sticker. GUESS NOT. I think this is the car that "HK4SITE" just bought off ebay...what a freaking steal, even with the mileage it has on it!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=1869162076

If we think this is a "fluke", theres another one that just ended today with no reserve for just over $36K....kinda disappointing, and sucks in my mind. Ebay isnt "everything" in the collector/speciatly market, but its a good way to get a feel for what a car is REALLY worth, not what someone THINKS its worth.

I still contend that they will come back around one day, even if it's years from now. Its clearly the most unique, and technologically advanced R (if not Mustang, in general) built to date. I have participated in a number of Boss 429 Mustang restorations, and can honestly say that these cars (00 Rs) are as close to as unique a car to roll off the Dearborn lines since the B-9's of 69-70...One day they WILL come back around in value, I just never thought they would "tank" as quickly as they have the past couple months.....especially this soon. I hate to see what a good 93R or 95R is gonna do, when a 5000 mile 00R will only now command $33-36,000!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, what's a used 03 blower-Cobra gonna be worth in two/three years? NOTHING? If a one-of-300-car drops this friggin quick, the blower cars are gonna do it WORSE, MUCH WORSE!

Whats up with this? It's a known fact that SVT products are one of the few lines of vehicles which have a proven track record of holding their values better than ANY other specialty car (Saleens, Z06s, Steedas, Lingenfelters, etc, etc).

I am in the collector/specialty car business, and NO we can't totally (if at all) blame the drop on our POOR ASS economy. I am still selling reasonably priced, and very expensive Muscle/Classic/Performance cars EVERY DAY!

In one breath I wanna lose my mind over it, and in the next, it makes me want to turn the damned thing into a daily driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am just bitter that I could have waited less than a year, and saved nearly ten-thousand-big-ones. I am glad I am not one of the ones who paid sticker, or more...Don't get me wrong, I still love the F*** out of the car, it's that I had higher hopes/expectations for the car holding it's bucks for longer than it has. At this rate, you should be able to buy one of these for a "quarter" in another year.......WOW, I can't stand the thought of that happening! I said many times that I TRUELY believed you would not ever see these cars exchanging hands EVER for less than $30,000. I now must re-evaluate this thought....We all know that no matter what we buy (late-model), that its gonna depreciate, and depreciate HUGE...I just think these cars should NOT be depreciating at this exponential of a rate, that's all.

My eleven (somewhat angry) cents of thought on this matter!

Jeremy

:bash: :bash: :bash: :gt: :gt: :gt:

Last edited:

griffined

SVT driver
Jeremy,

It's a buyers market right now. I wanted to trade my 01 Cobra Vert in on a 03 Cobra Vert, but the dealer's would only offer 22-23k trade.
When I saw the R's on eBay staying below 40k, I reconsidered my thoughts of buying another "new" car only to see it drop 10k in the first 2 years. I'd be really surprised to see the 00R's bottom out below 25k.

BillsSnake

:beer: :beer: Jeremy - calm down, take a breath and chill dude. If you wanted a garage queen then in 10 years your investment would be returned hansomely. Most of the 00R owners I have met and talked to are "driving" the cars. Who cares what it is selling for now - get it out and put your f##king foot in it. Have fun with it, that is why we own them. I will go away now.:rolling:

Blown V8

Bill, it was just conversation, and pointing out something that hasn't been talked about much since the recent dip..maybe I got too excited; which is NOTHING NEW....I know the purpose of these, and ALL CARS, to be driven....I have more than doubled the delivery mileage on mine, putting nearly 1500 miles on mine since buying it this past feb....so yes, I agree, drive the damn thing...I initially felt "bad" everytime the odo ticked, but now, I try not to give a sh*t....Its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much fun to drive; especially since the new exhaust install a few months back.

I am gonna go road racing with it for the first time this weekend here in Ohio...so I will finally be able to explore the "other side" of these cars that everyone who has had theirs' on a track already knows about..

Bill, as a side note, what ever came of the hood repairs through Ford? I am going to get mine fixed over the winter, and wanted to see if Ford ACTUALLY stepped up to the plate, and paid you for your cars' repairs. I also assume that you still have your R in the stable, and are NOT now selling? If you want to email me directly, thats fine too...the hat, and shirt are still being worn whenever possible!! Thanks for the reply, and hope everything is well for you in the south end of Florida!

Jeremy [email protected]

BillsSnake

:beer: Jeremy - hope your open track event gets you hooked. Update on the hood issue. I found a shop that would do the work and Ford did offer to pay for the repair. After some thought and a conversation with a Ford body shop guy I decided to not take Ford up on their offer. If the resin continued to leach out then I would be responsible for future repairs so the bubbles are now part of the cars history and a testiment to Fords Quality Control. And yes the R is still in the stable, my wife refuses to let me sell it.

pj951

Established Member
I'm not a '00R owner,
but after having driven one, I'm SOLD, a future owner.

I don't think ebaymotors is representative of value, there are exceptions but many of the ebay cars have no mention of history or anything else, would you bid real money on a mystery car sight unseen?

For example the "bubble car" for sale on ebay in the southeast with 57 miles on it is probably a great buy for a collector, ebaymotors just may not be the right collector car sales venue.

As with all special interest cars, as time goes on, condition and history create a price spread, it's inevitable..

As a future buyer, I will be looking for a car thats been driven, track use is OK with evidence of history and maintenance, I won't be paying for esthetic perfection or plastic seat covers and stickers because that is not important to me.

Yesterday I attended the NorCal SAAC Fall Classic track event at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, Ca. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE 00R in attendance.

(As a sidenote, the NorCal SAAC track guys and gals "take no prisoners" they are serious OT folks, don't even bother showing up w/o track tires and nomex.)

That's one more reason to buy the '00R!

Peter J #951

BillsSnake

:beer: :beer: Peter - my instructor at Sebring had a 944 Turbo full out race car and after a few laps in it with him as the pilot I was very impressed. You have a very nice car.

93cobraR

1993 cobra R for sale

I'm selling a 93 R, #44 of 107
car has never been titled, still on MSO.... has about 40 miles and all the factory writing is still on the windows,the center caps for the wheels are still in the plastic, never been installed...car still smells NEW inside...i'll take $40,000.00 for it... will consider trades
for 2003 cobra:thumbsup:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I knew there were a lot of '00 Rs in Texas. BUT considering there were only 107 93 Rs there are a LOT of 93s. I know of 7 93's in Texas currently, maybe more that are put up in storage.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Re: 1993 cobra R for sale

Originally posted by 93cobraR
I'm selling a 93 R, #44 of 107
car has never been titled, still on MSO.... has about 40 miles and all the factory writing is still on the windows,the center caps for the wheels are still in the plastic, never been installed...car still smells NEW inside...i'll take $40,000.00 for it... will consider trades
for 2003 cobra:thumbsup:
What kind of storage has it been in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread