Depressing!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I'm glad you like your Toyota, I've owned one. It took all of 28 days to know for a fact it wouldn’t last me a year and that any Ford, GM or at that time Dodge truck is better. I KNOW from experience the Ford just is light years ahead of Toyota. In 28 days the thing sounded like a shaking coffee can with rocks in it while going down a smooth paved road. I do use my trucks for work though some people don’t need that. I’ve owned Toyota cars and they aren’t bad but they aren’t any better then GM or Fords. The one thing that ruined the Toyota cars is the oil filter accessibility. If you don’t have a lift it’s almost impossible to get to the oil filter.

It’s bad to take a hit because of all the hype that Toyota produces. If I would have kept it any longer I wouldn’t have gotten anything for it. I’ve made my one mistake with Toyota trucks. It will not happen again.

I know a few people who defend their IMPORTS boasting about their superior quality. Then when you ride with one of them and you see parts fallng off or like a friend's Prius that bucks and jumps and sounds liike the rear is falling out of it and yet defend an import to the death.

You dump enough loads in that Tundra and drive it down roads in Nebraska in minus 20 all wiinter and that Tundra will fall slap apart. It couldn't haul a load of fish heads up a 5 percent grade.

The Tundra is an import. I don't care where it's made.

VegasShelby

Established Member
I'm glad you like your Toyota, I've owned one. It took all of 28 days to know for a fact it wouldn’t last me a year and that any Ford, GM or at that time Dodge truck is better. I KNOW from experience the Ford just is light years ahead of Toyota. In 28 days the thing sounded like a shaking coffee can with rocks in it while going down a smooth paved road. I do use my trucks for work though some people don’t need that. I’ve owned Toyota cars and they aren’t bad but they aren’t any better then GM or Fords. The one thing that ruined the Toyota cars is the oil filter accessibility. If you don’t have a lift it’s almost impossible to get to the oil filter.

It’s bad to take a hit because of all the hype that Toyota produces. If I would have kept it any longer I wouldn’t have gotten anything for it. I’ve made my one mistake with Toyota trucks. It will not happen again.

Holy off topic BS, Batman.

Light years ahead??? In the 1/2 ton segment, Ford does not come close to the components used by the Tundra.

At least in '05, the Super Duties ALMOST matched the Tundra's brake size.

Kinda neat that people need to compare their 3/4> trucks to the Tundra knowing it's only available in a 1/2 ton configuration......:beer:

FWIW, being a Ford guy all my life Ford FORCED me to buy a Tundra in '07 after they stiffed me on what would have been my 3rd 4r100 in 70,000 miles.

The Tundra has been Absolutely the BEST Vehicle I've ever owned...not just truck, but best VEHICLE.

At 65,000 miles it's been to the dealer once for a TSB. (Wish I could say the same for the Shelby or the Lincoln )

She does like to eat brake pads, but the Brembo style calipers and free lifetime Vato-Zone pads mean a 30 minute job including R&Ring tires.

Don't know what motor you had, but the 5,7L canister style filter is located at the front of the motor and is very accessible....lift or ramps. What's funny is people whine about the mess when pre-draining the canister; just spin it off like a regular filter while using a bag. Same results as doing a Ford change.

You want to talk about removing a PSD Super Duty cab for very routine problems??? I understand Ford may have fixed that minor detail for the Ford powered '11's..........thank goodness.

It seems the subjective opinion concerning looks started this......to call a Tundra ugly just tells me someone has not seen what Ford has done to the Super Duty front end the last few years.....:xpl::xpl:

Wonder if Ford would ever run an F-250 over that Silver Creek test track. I know parking my 250 in an off camber ditch the tailgate wouldn't open.

As far as diesel vs gas: The 6.0L PSD nearly ruined Ford's market share for diesels, not to mention cost Ford more money in warranty work than the rest of their line up COMBINED!!

Anyway, the Ford 6.2L looks like it may actually compete with the Tundra's 5.7.....only took four years.....here's hoping they offer it across the board and not just in the higher end trim like GM.

mobeydick

Established Member
Holy off topic BS, Batman.

Light years ahead??? In the 1/2 ton segment, Ford does not come close to the components used by the Tundra.

At least in '05, the Super Duties ALMOST matched the Tundra's brake size.

Kinda neat that people need to compare their 3/4> trucks to the Tundra knowing it's only available in a 1/2 ton configuration......:beer:

FWIW, being a Ford guy all my life Ford FORCED me to buy a Tundra in '07 after they stiffed me on what would have been my 3rd 4r100 in 70,000 miles.

The Tundra has been Absolutely the BEST Vehicle I've ever owned...not just truck, but best VEHICLE.

At 65,000 miles it's been to the dealer once for a TSB. (Wish I could say the same for the Shelby or the Lincoln )

She does like to eat brake pads, but the Brembo style calipers and free lifetime Vato-Zone pads mean a 30 minute job including R&Ring tires.

Don't know what motor you had, but the 5,7L canister style filter is located at the front of the motor and is very accessible....lift or ramps. What's funny is people whine about the mess when pre-draining the canister; just spin it off like a regular filter while using a bag. Same results as doing a Ford change.

You want to talk about removing a PSD Super Duty cab for very routine problems??? I understand Ford may have fixed that minor detail for the Ford powered '11's..........thank goodness.

It seems the subjective opinion concerning looks started this......to call a Tundra ugly just tells me someone has not seen what Ford has done to the Super Duty front end the last few years.....:xpl::xpl:

Wonder if Ford would ever run an F-250 over that Silver Creek test track. I know parking my 250 in an off camber ditch the tailgate wouldn't open.

As far as diesel vs gas: The 6.0L PSD nearly ruined Ford's market share for diesels, not to mention cost Ford more money in warranty work than the rest of their line up COMBINED!!

Anyway, the Ford 6.2L looks like it may actually compete with the Tundra's 5.7.....only took four years.....here's hoping they offer it across the board and not just in the higher end trim like GM.

I have a 07 F150 with a v6 and it outclasses the Toyota. I could put 500#s of tools in the bed of the Toyota and you could barely drive it. It looked like it had 10,000#s in the bed. The F150 will carry the weight. No it won’t outrun the Toyota I’m not looking for that in a truck.

I also own a 01 F250 325,xxx finest truck ever been built. My 05 6.0 144,xxx miles and has never seen a service bay. My 06 6.0 128,xxx miles clogged up the EGR valve once, that was before 15ppb fuel.

Most, of the 6.0 problem are due to aftermarket programming.

strongs_2009

Established Member
No that 5.0 is a fully built race car now not a 6 speed. Fully built race motor the whole 9 yards. L&M race motor. They put down a 9.02 last night i think it is.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtjVpBVbt8"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Launches On The Bumper![/nomedia]

Evo went 9.1 in a six speed? Video's please!

CPRsm

I have a 07 F150 with a v6 and it outclasses the Toyota. I could put 500#s of tools in the bed of the Toyota and you could barely drive it. It looked like it had 10,000#s in the bed.
It "wouldn't" carry the weight ? Or you didn't think it would because the suspension gave more than you though it it should ? I don't put that much weight in there often. And a trailer does level out the ride height. But can't ? I don't think so. I know dodge doesn't out class. My buddies cracked dash from bed weight would say differently. Although it was a bit of weight lol.

I don't think the Tundra has the frame to repo, nor does dodge for sure. I do think for extreme work, Fords got it. But little guys like me that only really tow cars, I wouldn't do it anything else. Especially a ford. Coming from a current 3 vehicle Ford owner. ( We will not mention the only one that runs is the Focus :kaboom:)

Vegas Shelby, thought I was the only one in the world that referred to them as Vato-zone hahahahaha. Stop putting on CHEAP pads. 36k here, still the stock pads. they got tired of people complaining about the lifetime pad eating rotors. So now they are soft as hell. Toy pads on mine whenever it comes around. Dealer pas always last the longest, no matter what brand. That just me ?

Damn, what have I started ? :-D

mobeydick

Established Member
It "wouldn't" carry the weight ? Or you didn't think it would because the suspension gave more than you though it it should ? I don't put that much weight in there often. And a trailer does level out the ride height. But can't ? I don't think so. I know dodge doesn't out class. My buddies cracked dash from bed weight would say differently. Although it was a bit of weight lol.

I don't think the Tundra has the frame to repo, nor does dodge for sure. I do think for extreme work, Fords got it. But little guys like me that only really tow cars, I wouldn't do it anything else. Especially a ford. Coming from a current 3 vehicle Ford owner. ( We will not mention the only one that runs is the Focus :kaboom:)

Vegas Shelby, thought I was the only one in the world that referred to them as Vato-zone hahahahaha. Stop putting on CHEAP pads. 36k here, still the stock pads. they got tired of people complaining about the lifetime pad eating rotors. So now they are soft as hell. Toy pads on mine whenever it comes around. Dealer pas always last the longest, no matter what brand. That just me ?

I'm going to say 500#s it could have been more, most likely not much more, just normal carpentry tools. I took the tools out of the Chevy half ton W/T with a v6 in it. You couldn't drive above 45/50mph without touching both ditches. I talked to the dealer about it and they ordered newer Heavy Duty rear springs but after 25 days and that thing rattling like an ammo can with 15 brass shell casing in it I’d had enough.

VegasShelby

Established Member
I'm going to say 500#s it could have been more, most likely not much more, just normal carpentry tools. I took the tools out of the Chevy half ton W/T with a v6 in it. You couldn't drive above 45/50mph without touching both ditches. I talked to the dealer about it and they ordered newer Heavy Duty rear springs but after 25 days and that thing rattling like an ammo can with 15 brass shell casing in it I’d had enough.

You did not have an '07 Tundra then.

I've had 2700#'s of tile in mine and while it squatted, it still wasn't on the bump stops.

I will post EVERY test out there that mentions the 'o7 Tundra squats the least with load.

If anything, people whine about the truck being overly sprung/damped.

"Outclasses" is such a subjective term.......you think the stereo is better?? Seat material??? Dash is mo' pretty??? Ok, you win.

If "outclass" means brakes that dwarf your Ford's, a huge diff, not having a scatter prone 4 speed in '07, (even though you may have been lucky) then outclass means sumpin' else.

Power may mean nothing to you but when pulling 7,000+- pounds up a grade it means the difference between hanging with 18 wheelers in the far right or maintaining a respectable pace......Ford's 1/2 tons are mutts.

I was the same as you concerning my Fords until Ford screwed me on my '01.

I am curious to why you bought a 'yota if you were so happy with Ford????

Also gotta giggle at your programming comment concerning the dismal track record of the 6.0........Thought that was the whole reason to buy a paint-shaker, to see how much powahhhhh you could get. Didn't seem like the Cummins or Dmax had those problems when bombed.

Of course Ford dumping Navistar because of the junk 6.0/6.4 gives owners of those years a lot of confidence I suppose.

Waaaay too much of a thread jack now, don't feel like getting yelled at. :cuss:
Take it to PM's if you'd like to discuss further.......

VegasShelby

Established Member

You have a PM.

CPRsm

I hope we don't get yelled at. :( Didn't seem like much of a tech thread anyways. This jacking not accepted here ? I'll quite while I'm ahead if so.

Kostas

Established Member
Not for comparison purposes but, i was at Bowling green KY last week. I was towing 10k lbs trailer with my 08 F350 (6.4 diesel), going up 6-7% grades doing 75-80mph, AND for at least 10 hours out of that 13 hour trip, boost never droped below 30. There were quite a few 10 minute hill climp, and the boost guage was pegged at 38 the entire time! Now thats "Built Ford Tough"

On a diferent note, fuel economy went from 12mpg to 9, and it would go in to regen approx every 80 miles!

gnxs

Established Member
Still a Chevy. No big deal. For them to run that, they need to spend double of what we spend. That's no biggy. Anybody can have a 9 send car. All you have to do is buy a cheap 4 cyl. Stang and put a 460 on nitrous and you'll see. The beauty comes when you have $40k GT 500 you put $5k( for them them will be $75-80K car incluided) on the motor and you run low nines all day and cruze home on A/C. That impress me. That's why I have one and I'm proud of it. .After all there is always some onefaster than you,, you'll never be top dog... Every year car are made faster and more eficient. So be happy and thank god you have one. Don't be naive.....
GT500 with $5,000 in mods <> low 9's all day.......not even close. You're gonna need MUCH deeper pockets.

Like somebody already said though, the 5.4 Super Cobra Jet already exceeds that performance. Still impressive for a 6-speed in a big heavy Camaro.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Was actually referring to being OT and not in trouble. ;-)

But for the link, what will be will be. When it/if happens. We're talking about the present. I'd love to have a reason to buy another Ford. Right now it just doesn't exist for me. Although I guess the roads are better out here (from what you guys are telling me)even though I piss and moan about them. But there are bigger hills than Nebraska here, and for that I'll keep mine.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Not going to talk trash but that was a awesome run from the Camaro. Props to Lingenfelter for getting it done and setting that bar a little higher. Evo has proven time and time again to build a awesome car but there all Auto TH400s as far as I know I could be wrong but they haven't put a manual close to that yet. The fastest manual GT500s that I know of is The Bull, with not far behind of Lethal and sfadchi with his old car. Props to all these people for getting it done. That is some major gear grabbing.

autoliberte on here ran a [email protected] with his Cobra Jet clone, stock motor, stock 6spd, 4.0L Whipple...maybe he can get more out of it now that its cooler out..
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrqmDaiid_4"]YouTube - Cobra Jet 9.69 outside vid[/nomedia]

BLK93GT

Established Member
The Camaro has a built 6 spd trans, built LS9, and a 200 shot of nitrous. I guess they kept breaking rearend parts but wanted to keep the IRS so they had HD driveshafts made and a prototype differential. [ame=http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforumfiles/showthread.php?t=607]Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro SS Differential With Billet Aluminum Case 241 MM - Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Forum[/ame]

The Super Cobra Jets are running as fast as 8.7 or so with Liberty 5spd trannies but I don't know what the 6spd ones run, anyone that buys one isn't going to probably choose the 6spd.

Complete mods list...and dyno sheet..
[ame="http://www.lingenfelter.com/LPEforumfiles/showthread.php?t=738"]Lingenfelter LS9 Powered 2010 Camaro SS TR6060 9.596 @ 152.33 MPH - Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Forum[/ame]

I think it was running low 10's before the nitrous...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread