First 2013 GT500 in the 10's

gamebred26

Established Member
isnt the zr1 a $100k+ car? the fact that its even in that ballpark is awesome. with backseats and def a higher curb weight...so well done.

though this is def on e85 or 110 or better lol..no way its pump gas.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
10.02 on DR's and tune? are you kidding?- that's DEEP into ZR1 territory and better than all but a very few at the top of the ZR1 food chain with the same mods. Why are so many in denial about the 13 GT500?

So you really think this car is D/R and tune only?

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
These discussions get old, don't they??!! It's pretty freakin amazing no matter how you look at it! All of these cars mentioned in this thread are cool! Really none of it matters on the street in a daily driven state. You can't go 10's down the interstate!!

sknapp302

Established Member
Seen a few links where a Bugatti Veyron went 10.1 at 139mph. Whats not to be impressed about 13 Shelby? Best bang for the buck I have ever seen.

Last edited:

93toxic

97 SR351
Established Member
im pissed, just with a tune ,drw, it goes 10,02 at 141 is unreal, i have tons of stufff on my car & would love to trap 141 with out touching the motor, good job ford, & its even quicker than a ZR1 for half the price, i need one :beer:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
You can do anything with enough time, money & mods.

Although true in certain instances, I don't see this statement being applicable to this GT500. This car has been with Evolution probably for less than a month, has only a handful of very very basic bolt ons, and is nowhere near to breaking the bank.

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Although true in certain instances, I don't see this statement being applicable to this GT500. This car has been with Evolution probably for less than a month, has only a handful of very very basic bolt ons, and is nowhere near to breaking the bank.

A month? These cars started getting delivered to the public about 1-1.5 weeks ago.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member

This is what I was thinking

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
How many people are going to keep saying that they are amazed at the times being its a drag radial and tune only car....really? you guys own mustangs and yuour are still saying it. The tuned 2013 GT500 picked up what like 40rwhp? You believe the car picked up 15mph and dropped 1.5 seconds with a tire and tune?

And the GT500 wont be competition for the ZR1...does it come close now? yes..it should it isnt stock. The Zr1 obvisouly wasnt built to 1/4 only. Put that GT500 through all the tests: Skid pad, braking, top speed, road coarse...that is where you will see it, the Zr1, overwhelmingly prevail.

I agree though with what someone said...its hard to beat the price and power of the GT500...but is it the best car bang for buck? prob not..i still think that belongs to the 2011 and up 5.0 Mustangs if its a true bang for buck.. as i mentioned before the 2013 GT500s, too no fault of the consumers, are bringing damn near and into the $80k mark thanks to mark ups.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Most expensive mod on there are the headers for crying out loud.

i think we can all agree that the mods are the basic bolt ons but we arent talking about a set of Heddman headers for a fox body. The cheapest headers, for example, on Lethal performance's website for the newer GT500 is $1300. You are looking at $2k in exhaust lol

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Loving this thread, more red meat than a half naked walk on a Miami freeway.

E

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
i think we can all agree that the mods are the basic bolt ons but we arent talking about a set of Heddman headers for a fox body. The cheapest headers, for example, on Lethal performance's website for the newer GT500 is $1300. You are looking at $2k in exhaust lol

I know exactly how much headers are. As you can see i dont drive a fox. My exhaust was over $2k as well. Thats exactly my point, car is basically running 9's@ over 140mph and the most expensive mod on the car were $1500 headers.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I want to see a full exahust/pullied/tuned C6 ZR1 vs a H/C/I/tuned C6Z vs full exhuast/pullied/tuned '13 GT500 on the highway from a 60 roll!

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I want to see a full exahust/pullied/tuned C6 ZR1 vs a H/C/I/tuned C6Z vs full exhuast/pullied/tuned '13 GT500 on the highway from a 60 roll!

That would be sick!!! Crazy part is that NA ZO6 would be right there with them!! Thats if its well set up...

mustrans

Established Member
Nice times. You can do anything with enough time, money & mods so not impressive, but still nice.

***in crybabies! Give credit where it's due. :bash:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member

LOLL i would insult you and tell you how useless your lil brain is but they pass infractions around here like a joint gets passed on 4/20 so i'll keep my statement/question as tame as possible.

A brand new fox was how much back in the day? 13-18k? okay 300-500 dollar headers make perfect sense. how much is the new gt500? 50k+ so lets see if you can digest this, if someone buys a 50k+ car and can AFFORD it *cough* then why the **** would someone give a shit about spending 3-5% of the money they bought the car for into headers and full exhaust? they wouldn't. get it? good.

also excuse any errors in my spelling/grammar i'm posting this from my phone...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread