Livernois Motorsports 2012 Camaro ZL1 Auto Dyno / Track Baseline 100% Stock

cam346

Established Member
WTF 115? the ET is very impressive for such a slow MPH, I thought it would have been around 120mph

you must remember this car had only 180 miles on it. most test on the these cars are with under 500 miles. if i remember rick saying that the miles on the car could be more.

F8L BYT

Established Member
I will still stand by my word, great power but anyone who ordered one of those cars is retarded.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Im still disappointed they used the 1900 instead of the 2300, don't understand that. Unless they know something i don't. Its been a while but looking at the compressor maps for both the 2300 would be better suited, especially once you start trying to spin the guts out of it.

I believe some people have swapped ZR1 blowers onto CTS-V's, but I don't think they are going any faster than the 1900 blower cars.

I will still stand by my word, great power but anyone who ordered one of those cars is retarded.

Why?

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
now get a cam in that thing and spin the little 1900 faster and watch the ET's DROP!

Im still disappointed they used the 1900 instead of the 2300, don't understand that. Unless they know something i don't. Its been a while but looking at the compressor maps for both the 2300 would be better suited, especially once you start trying to spin the guts out of it.

I'm sure it was a cost thing .. they already had the LSA engine in the cts-v that had already gone through all the testing required ... I know from talking to alot of other camaro owners, they would have loved to see the ZL1 come w/ the LS9 engine :)

Crowley

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Hey rick, did you guys ever dyno a stock 12 gt500? I'm just curious since these cars are so close in factory hp ratings. I know the zl1 in this case is an auto which probably eats up more hp but i'm still curious.

2011-12 GT500's in stock form usually make roughly 460 RWHP / 420 RWTQ.

Milan? Wish we had a few more track choices here in MI.

Yes, it was Milan.

Why Automatic?

Easier to put the power to the ground, easier on parts with a sticky tire... should go quicker at the track without needing a "driver mod"

-Rick

NA_Cobra

Established Member
2011-12 GT500's in stock form usually make roughly 460 RWHP / 420 RWTQ.

Yes, it was Milan.

Easier to put the power to the ground, easier on parts with a sticky tire... should go quicker at the track without needing a "driver mod"

-Rick

How does it compare to your CTS-V when it was stock??

KsE

Established Member
@ the big n little ET...cause so many zl1 owners are going to be riding around with that setup.

The car will get spanked by everything from a roll...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
@ the big n little ET...cause so many zl1 owners are going to be riding around with that setup.

Yeah 580hp cars usually get rolled up by everything on the street, even after they're modified. :rollseyes

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
this statement makes you retarded.

How much do these cars cost?? Then how much to modify it to were it will run with a 5.0 GT with just a few mods?? Still gonna be funny watching a GT that is cheaper to buy and mod spank it. But thanks for the true numbers on these slugs. You guys have the know how to make them fast for everybody.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
How does it compare to your CTS-V when it was stock??

We don't have a CTS-V. All of the CTS-V's I've ran at the track have been customer cars that we modded. I never ran any of them stock.

It's quick from a roll on stock tires... just hard to launch

How much do these cars cost?? Then how much to modify it to were it will run with a 5.0 GT with just a few mods?? Still gonna be funny watching a GT that is cheaper to buy and mod spank it. But thanks for the true numbers on these slugs. You guys have the know how to make them fast for everybody.

The car was $59,850.

Depends on what kind of mods you are talking. With a pulley, VAI, and tune you should see 90-100 RWHP gains.

-Rick

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

Literally yes its cheaper...but really? This is where the arguement comes in about buying a 92 Fox and building it. Gonna be a lot cheaper than that new GT. The person buying this car probably isnt the person looking for bang for the buck in that sense. This logic, or lack of, has been beat to death

Dont forget. The Lingenfelter car with a pulley, ECM flash, Ported intake and a K&N with bigs and littles went 11.0 @ 130.

Let me know the roughly $1500 (estimate from looking at the prices of mods) worth of mods its takes to get a 2011 GT 5.0 to trap 130mph full weight and on the stock exhaust. I have a buddy that is dying to get some stuff.

Last edited:

Svt4ever22

Established Member

Oh noez, we got ricer math guy. So with your logic, I could just buy an old Civic, mod it out for a few grand and spank some 5.0 GT's that cost more just stock?

Foul-Bachelor-Frog-You-sir-are-a-dumbass.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
It's quick from a roll on stock tires... just hard to launch
well, obviously your lying to us rick, because camaro5 said that the ZL1 would be able to put down the power, unlike the GT500!

:lol1:

thanks for posting this stuff up here though, what with all the fishy shit being posted on camaro5(ripped up time slips, drag radials = stock, etc.).

F8L BYT

Established Member

Because why spend that kind of money on a car that is less superior to the 2013 gt500? I guess its because I'm not a brand loyalist and I would take whatever car was an all around better bang for the buck, just so happens that the gt500 takes the cake on this one. Before the release of the 2013, the ZL1 would have been my choice since it is better than the 2012 gt500.

this statement makes you retarded.

You are entitled to your opinion thats for sure. I feel sorry for you that you are waiting on that car, have fun getting yanked by 2013 gt500's :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread