Livernois Motorsports 2012 Camaro ZL1 Auto Dyno / Track Baseline 100% Stock

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Literally yes its cheaper...but really? This is where the arguement comes in about buying a 92 Fox and building it. Gonna be a lot cheaper than that new GT. The person buying this car probably isnt the person looking for bang for the buck in that sense. This logic, or lack of, has been beat to death

Dont forget. The Lingenfelter car with a pulley, ECM flash, Ported intake and a K&N with bigs and littles went 11.0 @ 130.

Let me know the roughly $1500 (estimate from looking at the prices of mods) worth of mods its takes to get a 2011 GT 5.0 to trap 130mph full weight and on the stock exhaust. I have a buddy that is dying to get some stuff.

about $10k-15k in mods to get a 5.0 GT into the 10s. I'd much rather have a '11+ Shelby

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Because why spend that kind of money on a car that is less superior to the 2013 gt500? I guess its because I'm not a brand loyalist and I would take whatever car was an all around better bang for the buck, just so happens that the gt500 takes the cake on this one. Before the release of the 2013, the ZL1 would have been my choice since it is better than the 2012 gt500.

You are entitled to your opinion thats for sure. I feel sorry for you that you are waiting on that car, have fun getting yanked by 2013 gt500's :beer:

I'm anxious to see the 2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2012 Camaro ZL1 and the 2012 Corvette ZR1 vs the 2012 Dodge Viper GTS

Then I'd like to see the 2013 Shelby GT500 vs the F10 BMW M5 and '12 Benz CLS63 AMG Performance Pak

and a '13 GT500 vs '12 Nissan GTR

Last edited:

cam346

Established Member
Because why spend that kind of money on a car that is less superior to the 2013 gt500? I guess its because I'm not a brand loyalist and I would take whatever car was an all around better bang for the buck, just so happens that the gt500 takes the cake on this one. Before the release of the 2013, the ZL1 would have been my choice since it is better than the 2012 gt500.

You are entitled to your opinion thats for sure. I feel sorry for you that you are waiting on that car, have fun getting yanked by 2013 gt500's :beer:

ha ha i wanted a 2013 because you can get nav. and i won't be getting yank by a 13 gt500. at least no stock ones. i have the mods ready, because who drive stock cars nowdays:beer:.

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Thanks for the response. Wow the LSA has a big torque advantage over the 5.4. Really similar numbers hp wise though.

Dont forget that this car is an automatic. The stick cars seem to be doing a little over 500.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member

What if someone wants an auto? What if someone likes the looks of the ZL1 more than the GT500? I'm not saying that I personally do, but it is easier to get more power out of either car that it is to make major changes to the appearance. I guess my point is just that stock performance isn't the only thing alot of people factor in, especially on car's that are very easy to ungrade :beer:

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
[thread derail]I can get a 5.0 in the 10's for $1000-1500 (nitrous, tune and tires).[/thread derail]

ive searched "the google" up and down and cant find a tune, nitrous and tire only 2011-2013 Mustang 5.0 running 10s.

The one i saw had x pipe, cat back, 100 shot, BAMA tune, slicks and skinnies, driveshaft, 4.10s, and mild weigh reduction. It went 10.93 @ 125.

[/thread back on track]???

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
ive searched "the google" up and down and cant find a tune, nitrous and tire only 2011-2013 Mustang 5.0 running 10s.

The one i saw had x pipe, cat back, 100 shot, BAMA tune, slicks and skinnies, driveshaft, 4.10s, and mild weigh reduction. It went 10.93 @ 125.

There are more. At least 4 cars ran 10s with nitrous & simple bolt-ons within the first couple weeks the 5.0 was released. Can't remember all the details of all the cars, but Evolution was the only one who did weight reduction, slick and skinnies (and they ran 10s N/A with the stock long block :p).

First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V To Run 10's N/A! - YouTube

The Strictly performance car ran high 10s with just nitrous, CAI and tires, (FULL WEIGHT).

They then threw a C4 trans, tune and a bigger shot of nitrous, (still stock longblock) and turned a high 9.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
There are more. At least 4 cars ran 10s with nitrous & simple bolt-ons within the first couple weeks the 5.0 was released. Can't remember all the details of all the cars, but Evolution was the only one who did weight reduction, slick and skinnies (and they ran 10s N/A with the stock long block :p).

First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V To Run 10's N/A! - YouTube

The Strictly performance car ran high 10s with just nitrous, CAI and tires, (FULL WEIGHT).

They then threw a C4 trans, tune and a bigger shot of nitrous, (still stock longblock) and turned a high 9.

i found it. The car had bogarts, slicks and skinnies, x pipe and cat back, 125 dry hit and a few small BMR suspension parts.

That N/A run is crazy. Thats moving for a N/A setup

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Dont know how this car is getting all hyped up. Ford needs to make a commercial with the new gt500 spanking it on the strip. but of course ford will never do that. why i do not know lol

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
Oh noez, we got ricer math guy. So with your logic, I could just buy an old Civic, mod it out for a few grand and spank some 5.0 GT's that cost more just stock?

Foul-Bachelor-Frog-You-sir-are-a-dumbass.jpg

Oh so I am a dumbass for saying the chevy guys are crazy for giving 60k for a mid low 11 second car?? Isn't that right there with the supras that most of you on here talk about?? I am not gonna hijack this thread. Bad ass car no doubt and these guys will make it fast since GM doesn't know how apparently. Best of luck and look forward to seeing the results.

SFlaCobra

Established Member
This is why I hate GM. Look at the times of this Turd on wheels.

Do they not realize if they put this on a sports car platform that they could make this thing much better??????

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member

Who said youd find one? I just said I could do it and for way cheaper than your estimate.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
i found it. The car had bogarts, slicks and skinnies, x pipe and cat back, 125 dry hit and a few small BMR suspension parts.

That N/A run is crazy. Thats moving for a N/A setup

The 125 shot is weak too, plenty a 150-175hp users having no issues...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread