Livernois Motorsports 2012 Camaro ZL1 Auto Dyno / Track Baseline 100% Stock

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Oh so I am a dumbass for saying the chevy guys are crazy for giving 60k for a mid low 11 second car?? Isn't that right there with the supras that most of you on here talk about?? I am not gonna hijack this thread. Bad ass car no doubt and these guys will make it fast since GM doesn't know how apparently. Best of luck and look forward to seeing the results.

mid to low 11s is very solid. It kills me how many people knock on its times. Its not out running low 13s at 104. Numeous people have run low 12s and openly admitted the car is tire limited. Even Livernois. Damn..You must think the Z06 is the biggest POS GM has ever invisioned since it is $70k and "only" runs low-mid 11s.

This is why I hate GM. Look at the times of this Turd on wheels.

Do they not realize if they put this on a sports car platform that they could make this thing much better??????

really? haha isnt the vette a sports car? ZR1?

The 125 shot is weak too, plenty a 150-175hp users having no issues...:beer:

i wasnt sure on the jetting. It was a 42n. Those were the only times i could find with legit mods listed.

Bybowtie

BOOSTED
Established Member
You can think what you want of me I could care less. But I know if I am gonna go drag racing its not gonna be in one of those turds. Compare apples to apples and not bring the Z06 in this. 60k for an 11 second car, to each his own. Even if it did take 10k to get a 5.0 to run 10's you still saving 20k. But as I said before if anyone can get it to go fast these guys can. Best of luck to them and look forward to seeing results.

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
You can think what you want of me I could care less. But I know if I am gonna go drag racing its not gonna be in one of those turds. Compare apples to apples and not bring the Z06 in this. 60k for an 11 second car, to each his own. Even if it did take 10k to get a 5.0 to run 10's you still saving 20k. But as I said before if anyone can get it to go fast these guys can. Best of luck to them and look forward to seeing results.

Hahaha my phone still has your original post of $15,000 please better take a few grand off that $10k estimate too for a 5.0 to run 10"s real simple boss intake jlt intake pipe full exhaust tune and a nitrous kit and a set a tires driven right boom 10"s all day again take a few grand off that 10k investment number.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Originally Posted by Bybowtie
Oh so I am a dumbass for saying the chevy guys are crazy for giving 60k for a mid low 11 second car?? Isn't that right there with the supras that most of you on here talk about?? I am not gonna hijack this thread. Bad ass car no doubt and these guys will make it fast since GM doesn't know how apparently. Best of luck and look forward to seeing the results.

This is why I hate GM. Look at the times of this Turd on wheels.

Do they not realize if they put this on a sports car platform that they could make this thing much better??????

It still looks like Ford has some catching up to do.

All Motor stock bottom 346ci C5Z going 9.93 @ 138mph w/NO Nitrous or Forced Induction via T56 6spd.
2003 Chevy Corvette Z06 - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

Another stock bottom 346 C5Z - 9.94 @ 143mph - 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 9-Second Stock-Block C5 Z - Vette Magazine

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Ricer math is ricer math. Get a Fox for $5k and put $10-$15k in it and go faster for much less than either. Who cares? If you don't like it don't get it. Pretty simple. I don't think GM really gives a shit.

SFlaCobra

Established Member

All Motor stock bottom 346ci C5Z going 9.93 @ 138mph w/NO Nitrous or Forced Induction via T56 6spd.

Another stock bottom 346 C5Z - 9.94 @ 143mph - 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 9-Second Stock-Block C5 Z - Vette Magazine

Maybe the sports car thing confused you. I meant if GM made a different chassis for the Camaro (lighter etc) instead of using one made for sedans :bored: They would have a very fast car....

jleews6

Established Member
Its good to see that a bunch of you clowns have ruined this guy's thread because you act like a bunch of know everything pecker heads. Some of the shit that you guy's spout out makes me realize I forgot more about drag racing then most of the big mouths know.

I'm confident that the new GT500 will be a little quicker then the ZL1 but that doesn't mean that everybody should buy one instead of a ZL1. Some people like something other then a Mustang and I guess that because the Shelby will be a few tenths quicker that means the ZL! sucks and is a POS. So does that make everything else that's not as fast as a Shelby a POS to?:lol:

Allot of you sound like a bunch of 16yo kids that just got there first Mustang and now everything else is junk.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Quoted for truth.

Its good to see that a bunch of you clowns have ruined this guy's thread because you act like a bunch of know everything pecker heads. Some of the shit that you guy's spout out makes me realize I forgot more about drag racing then most of the big mouths know.

I'm confident that the new GT500 will be a little quicker then the ZL1 but that doesn't mean that everybody should buy one instead of a ZL1. Some people like something other then a Mustang and I guess that because the Shelby will be a few tenths quicker that means the ZL! sucks and is a POS. So does that make everything else that's not as fast as a Shelby a POS to?:lol:

Allot of you sound like a bunch of 16yo kids that just got there first Mustang and now everything else is junk.

Svt4ever22

Established Member
That mustang has around $6k in mods. Plus having to keep refilling the nitrous.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

ha ha, there are all sorts of records. Hell, LSX's have been dying to beat a little old 4.6L DOHC in a true 10.5 Outlaw car for over a decade.

They're close, but they've never been able to beat it and that's a record they've SPECIALLY been trying to beat.

No one tries to run 9s N/A in a steel bodied pony car with a DOHC V8. I mean one shop has and it doesn't have a stock bottom-end or a stock trans. Then again, it also isn't a 3000lb fiberglass 2 seater.

JPC First N/A 2011 Mustang GT in the 9's - YouTube

It's just not what these cars excel at. It would be like lets see a GM pony car handle over 1100rwhp with a turbo kit on the stock bottom end. Just because Mustang owners have done it with their factory forged motors doesn't mean "GM has some catching up to do".

It's just no one gives a shit to do it, they'll just put a built motor and Ford guys will just bolt-on a supercharger.:p

KsE

Established Member
Yeah stock 11 second cars on a tire that can also handle and corner are total crap. Keep drinking the Haterade.

Sorry I'm not impressed by a 580hp car that's cost 55k that's going to need some sort of "mod" to bust into the 11's. Let's not even focus on the uphill trap speed these things put out on average. I'm a car enthusiast not a hater...this zl1 doesn't enthuse me.

Keep drinking the koolaid old Al O' is handing out.

You have your opinion I have mine. That's cool. We all know what side I put my $$$ on.

RcodeStang

Established Member
Yeah, this car is a serious POS because it's 60k and runs 11s. You can do that for 20k less with a modded 2011 GT. That 60k price tag doesn't get you a car that turns and stops better than any Mustang or anything... It's just an expensive turd at the drag strip.

You guys amuse me.

KsE

Established Member
Yeah, this car is a serious POS because it's 60k and runs 11s. You can do that for 20k less with a modded 2011 GT. That 60k price tag doesn't get you a car that turns and stops better than any Mustang or anything... It's just an expensive turd at the drag strip.

You guys amuse me.

Lolololol ok cause we see soooooo many lap times for these..oh wait I see a lot of dyno and 1/4 mile slips. Oh and what magazine did you read that gave the performance of the 13 gt500? You know since it's better than any mustang....

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member

You guys amuse me.

we amuse you? THe ZL1 beat your Boss Mustang in stopping, drag strip and around the track...

You would give your left nut to have your Mach running 11s at the drag strip, ripping a 1.0g skid pad and beating the track inspired Boss in breaking.....and do it with a 3year/36k bumper to bumper warranty and a 5year/100k powertrain warranty.

and why stop at a 2011 GT..there is a stock 6speed 2000 LS1 car here with 100k on it for 3k cause the paint is VERY VERY bad. Gut it to the max, 150 hit, cut exhaust, and slicks and skinnies and i bet the car runs 10s with an auto or 6speed. Kinda sounds stupid huh. Not many people purchasing this car are taking a 2012 GT fact sheet with them to compare every aspect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread