M112'd Sixxer vs 03 Cobra?

Blackedout

Established Member
So do it... Be waiting for the results... :pop: OH I'll say the Cobra still wins...

Ortiz99

Established Member
Agreed. I've had a couple of S/C birds/cougars and there heads are much better than the no sc heads put on 3.8's. There is no way that just slapping a M112 is going to get 350 rhwp even on an Supercoupe motor. He's claiming about 10 rhwp less than a stock Cobra with two less cylinders and garbage heads. :??:

The supercoupe had an m90 with singleport heads, this guy has split port heads and an m112 so there is no way that the supercoupe would be better than his engine (if it is true).

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Let me see if I got this right,
We have a broke HS kid who wants to buy an 03 if his mom gets the loan because he already has money for college once he starts working at Autozone?

How long will this last here?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Let me see if I got this right,
We have a broke HS kid who wants to buy an 03 if his mom gets the loan because he already has money for college once he starts working at Autozone?

How long will this last here?

Move to smackdown? :shrug: We all know it's going to end up there anyway?

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
If you say your car made those numbers then I believe you. I've been a customer of Kurtis' at Archangel for a long time and I know his stuff doesn't lie. Just remember anything can happen on the street. If your buddy's car is running like you said, then I don't see you having any problems. Good luck.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The supercoupe had an m90 with singleport heads, this guy has split port heads and an m112 so there is no way that the supercoupe would be better than his engine (if it is true).

Except the SC heads are superior to the taurus/mustang 3.8 singleport heads. I've already stated the SC's had an M90, but do you believe just bolting a M112 on a 3.8 is going to yield 351 rhwp. That's about 10 shy of what a stock 03/04 puts down. So I'm guessing instead of building a 4valve V8, Ford should've kept the old 3.8 around and stuck it in the cobra?:rollseyes

This kid's a troll. I called it early on. Cliffs.......

Can't afford to lose $100 on a race to a car that won't turn over 4K rpms. Has a V6 ford 3.8 make 351rwhp, and when called out on it, keeps getting lower.
Did I say he was broke, but can afford a $3K conversion kit(M112).
Can post from his phone but can't take a pic??

As I see it...he's a Troll.

Barry when you going to move this to smackdown?

Ortiz99

Established Member
Except the SC heads are superior to the taurus/mustang 3.8 singleport heads. I've already stated the SC's had an M90, but do you believe just bolting a M112 on a 3.8 is going to yield 351 rhwp. That's about 10 shy of what a stock 03/04 puts down. So I'm guessing instead of building a 4valve V8, Ford should've kept the old 3.8 around and stuck it in the cobra?:rollseyes

This kid's a troll. I called it early on. Cliffs.......

Can't afford to lose $100 on a race to a car that won't turn over 4K rpms. Has a V6 ford 3.8 make 351rwhp, and when called out on it, keeps getting lower.
Did I say he was broke, but can afford a $3K conversion kit(M112).
Can post from his phone but can't take a pic??

As I see it...he's a Troll.

Barry when you going to move this to smackdown?

This guy has split port heads not singleports like the earlier mustangs and supercoupes. A split port has two intake runners for every cylinder making it superior than any single port. Add an m112 into it and it can make some good power. I know of a member here and several other mustang sites by the username ChaoticDismay and he dynoed 330/309 at 7psi. Im not sure what other mods he has but i believe it had a cam in there too.

Im not trying to defend this guy by any means but the split port 3.8s can make some very impressive numbers with the mysteed m112 kit. This guy seems like he saw the m112 kit from mysteed on a v6 site and decided to troll svtp.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
This guy is complete bullshit. The 3.8 V6 is never going to make 350+ whp on unintercooled boost, especially with a roots style blower like the m112. Most guys on 10psi are making around 300 whp, and 330+ tq, on an intercooled Vortec/Procharger setup.

35x whp through a 3.8 is pushing the motor's limits for sure. And whats all this shit with he can only pull to 3700 rpm? Why would he race you if his car wasn't straight in the first place.

V6's are not worth dumping big money into to make fast. Trust me I've been down that road before. Save up, buy a Cobra some day, then you can write real kill stories instead of trolling.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Man If I could get 350 out of a v6 that easily then I bought the wrong car...

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
svtp is definitely the one forum you dont want to bs on. you will get eaten alive by these guys. to prove your case you will 100% need video proof with engine bay footage of both cars. until then youre just going to have to nut up or shut up. good luck

baldtaco

Established Member
I have both cars, the V6 is a built supersix motor with a cam and methanal and makes 280rwhp and 322tq through an auto. I would be suprised if his car made anywhere close to 350. Justin tuned mine also. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBlgJ9_Vicg&feature=related"]YouTube - M112 EATON SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG V6[/nomedia] you can check out my other vids to see my cobra. Unless the guy cant drive at all the 03 cobra will own.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I have both cars, the V6 is a built supersix motor with a cam and methanal and makes 280rwhp and 322tq through an auto. I would be suprised if his car made anywhere close to 350. Justin tuned mine also. YouTube - M112 EATON SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG V6 you can check out my other vids to see my cobra. Unless the guy cant drive at all the 03 cobra will own.

I can believe you, built motor and cam, and putting down 280. Not 351 stock cam, stock motor with LT's.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I find it extremely funny that he posts here asking us what we think about his bench race and yet he argues with us insisting that he believes he'll win. So why ask??

Panic661

Established Member
Sorry dude, you aren't putting down 350 or anywhere near that. I'll give you maybe 260 or so.

My car with a 4.3 Cam, heads ported/polished, intakes ported/polished etc probably didn't make 350 with nitrous.

I dynoed at 240 something with closed IMRCs however. And that number was my nitrous number.

With that being said, if the cobra isn't running properly, then why is he trying to race? Is he just an asshat?

Tell him to fix his car, and run you for fun. If he shows up with tires, hes going to eat you.

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
All of you guys saying there's absolutely no way he's making the power he's making really need to do some research. It's been done quite a few times right now and most of them make A LOT more torque then this guy. An m112 sixxer is a 12 car and I've seen it done personally.

Panic661

Established Member
All of you guys saying there's absolutely no way he's making the power he's making really need to do some research. It's been done quite a few times right now and most of them make A LOT more torque then this guy. An m112 sixxer is a 12 car and I've seen it done personally.

Yes with a m112, a cam, some head work, and various other mods. Not a v6 with basic bolt ons, and a m112.

Users who are viewing this thread