M112'd Sixxer vs 03 Cobra?

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
A lot of the guys putting down big numbers (for a V6) look like every other car... usually a Mach 1 chin spoiler, rims, drop.... Mustangs are all starting to look the same.

Mr.Mach: I go buy increase over stock for 'high hp'. Anything putting down a 300% gain over stock seems like a project gone right. There is a growing number of head turning 500-700 hp V6 cars out there.

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
A lot of the guys putting down big numbers (for a V6) look like every other car... usually a Mach 1 chin spoiler, rims, drop.... Mustangs are all starting to look the same.

Mr.Mach: I go buy increase over stock for 'high hp'. Anything putting down a 300% gain over stock seems like a project gone right. There is a growing number of head turning 500-700 hp V6 cars out there.

Yes there are, There a quite a few TMA Turbo guys putting down great numbers for a sixxer, that could sure as shit beat a few 700rwhp Cobra's around. LilRoush, your name is Matt correct? You made the adapter plate? If so thanks for a great product, I loved that car :rockon:

Is your blower ported yet? Have you thought about stepping up to a TS? Or a port on the M112?

I forgot about this thread, funny thing, he went to jail. Lets just say he was carrying some illegal paraphernalia.. When he got out, they took his Cobra. Now he drives a Metro :lol:

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Yeah, I guess you could say I'm the guy who started the whole M112 V6 thing back in the day.
I ran a ported/pullied Eaton on a built 4.2L for awhile.
There are a couple of versions out there now trying todo the same thing. Many had real trouble trying to fine tune the 'knock offs' by short cutting it. Those guys only see an extra 100 hp or so tops. Alot of the knock offs also don't seal right and have major vac leak issues.

DSCF1773.jpg

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I'm bored so I'll type but I feel bad for the little guy. He came with a legimate question and got bashed for a proposed race. Never got the you will win or lose. He gets the your numbers are B.S. He said that is what it dynoed so why not leave it at that. The cobra is not running properly and the guy is still driving it. Hell I had a 89 LX that wouldnt pull over 3,800. Took a while to figure out what was wrong with it. For the week that we tried different approaches you could catch me on all the streets winding it out to 3,800 in every gear.

Fast forward to now. There are a lot of V6's out there that are making the numbers.If you think they are so poorly built and ford should have put them in the flagship cars that just shows how feeble minded that you are. But on the other hand look at today's 6 in fords car. You have the stang 11 version that will knock off a lot of the 80's and 90's 5.0s. You have the Taurus SHO that is twin turbo and will drag a lot of the older GT's. So your comments on ford should have stuck with the V6, hell guess they did.

Yes you have the know it all in life and instead of making an educated guess and thinking outside the box they answer and spew information like it is correct from the little experience that they have. Because you have never seen it done doesn't mean it is impossible. Second it is the ones being innovative and taking chances doing things people think wouldn't work that gives them the parts that they have access to now.

I remember my child hood when I came out. I wanted a zx-11 ninja. I was 17 and most grown ups though it was too much bike. I couldnt afford it and should use the money for school. Back in Sept. of 92 while still in high school I brought a 9K bike while still in school. I use to ride it back and forth school everyday and then to work at Little Ceasers Pizza. People were jealous and talked how I would lose it and it didn't make sense. I paid the insurance and it was in my mom's name. Her agent use to joke her all the time about someone her age riding a crotch rocket (fastest on the planet at that time)

I took that bike and really learned a lot about riding. Had quite a few wrecks and got to build it back after a few terrible crashes. Over the few years while in college and going into the military that bike was bored, stroked, ported heads and cammed. Finally it ended up having a junkmans turbo that I pieced together. Bike came with 118 at the rear wheel from the factory when I dynoed. Before it was all said and done it ended up with 164. That was awesome back then but fails in comparison to what you can do now.

I have blown many dollars playing around with the cars and bikes over the years and don't regret any of it. Would probably be a millionaire if I would have invested wisely. In life if you have the opportunity to do something that you really want and see a way to make it happen then give it a try. If I had listen to half the clowns that gave me advice back then I woldn't have half of what I have today. The things I have done over the years people still talk about to this day. Those that I grew up with come to me now for suggestions and advice.

After all the mustangs and one now on my second vette people ask what is it like. I brought the Shelby home and made the statement that I will knock a hole in the a-- of a vette in less than 3 months. Neighbors came over the house pretty much everyday while I worked on the car with statements such as: how do you take a brand new car with less than 300 miles on it apart like that. I would never do that to a new car. The guy with the vette I was gunning for told me I was wasting my time. 3 months later I'm dragging him down the highway from 35mph rolls clean up to 150mph and have no less than 8-12 cars on him repeatedly.

If the guy thinks he can do it then give it a try. One thing I will say about racing for money though, I was told this and it holds very true. Easy to lose, hard to win. I have seen friendships ended and family split. I race for money and love to. I have done some of the worst snow jobs there is. Giving the guy a ride in my car with a few plug wires off to show him it's breaking up, use to spray my Z06 with nitrous in a gym bag and the line was in the center console. Let them look the car over. Get in with my gym bag in the passenger seat and screw the line right to the bottle.

Now that i'm bored living my life over if he says he thinks he has a chance give him encouragement. I feel like if you think you can win then give it a try. There will always be someone with a better vehicle and more money than you. But nothing brings satisfaction when you beat someone that has more with less. Like the poster made with the Shelby that he would be on the lookout. Naturally if you have a Shelby your not worried about a v6 no matter what he has. There is a guy around here with a Shelby that lost 5K on a race against a honda prelude.

Funny race you ever saw because the kid in the prelude was claiming making 500hp. The Shelby owner called bullshit and started to rag the guy. Made the statement that he barely made that with his modded Stang. Before you know it money is brought up. Kid said 500. Shelby owner told him make it interesting bet 5K. Well another hour or so a few more guys show up and next thing we know we have a race set up for next weekend. Now to me the prelude had no chance.

Next weekend we are all out there and don't know where the kid got the money from but everyone gets the race set up. Money is being held by a neutral party. Cars line up and the stage is set. On the launch the prelude steps about 2 cars in front (AWD) and the Shelby spins a little through 1st gear. We hear the honda screaming out of this world and the turbo sounds awesome. 2nd gear and the prelude has about 3 cars on the Shelby and is looking like it is inching away from him. By the finish line its the prelude by 5-6 cars. Come to find out the prelude was making a little more than what he said on the gas but was running 9.7-9.9 at the track on a regular basis.

Not saying that is the case here but why are people so close minded. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it cant happen. Im out tired of typing. If it was me I would give the race a shot. Get a few friends together. Come up with 5 people and let them each donate to the race fund. 20 bucks a piece. If you win they get 40 back. If you lose then hey it's better than playing the lottery lol. peace

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
I love how all the V6 guys jump on this thread. Honestly if you take an unbiased look at this race, it's pretty clear that the Cobra should've won, if it was actually healthy.

Like previous people said, M112'd V6's will maybe put down 260 RWHP and 300 RWTQ at 8 pounds, especially non-intercooled.

I call B/S on the 350 rwhp claim for sure, unless he was running water/meth too and a lot of it. The M112 throws enough heat intercooled in the 03/04 Cobra, and non-intercooled, the temps are way up.

As far as all the V6 owners coming in and pointing fingers at us 4V guys, well it's pretty cute. I owned a 2002 V6 with bolt ons, it had about $2500 worth of bolt ons and it was still SLOW. It takes loads of money to sink into a V6 to get it to even beat a stock New Edge GT. Dollar for dollar you get more power for your money in a 2V, or 4V.

Ford never meant for the 3.8L Essex to be any type of performance motor in any way shape or form. It was a mass produced workhorse. It sucks, that ya'll get ragged on, and I know because I owned a V6 and caught shit for it at school all the time.
Sorry that people rag on the V6 because of what it is, but there is a point.

Yes you can make a V6 fast, but then again you can make a Geo Metro fast too, or a D15 Honda fast. Are the V6's decent cars, yes. Are they meant to be the performance trim level of the Mustang, no.

So please don't come in here pointing fingers and complaining about lack of respect/knowledge, when we're simply calling B/S on something that isn't likely.

Users who are viewing this thread