M112'd Sixxer vs 03 Cobra?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

So a 3.8 v6 with a stock non intercooled Eaton @10 psi = an 03/04 cobra on stock boost. ;-) :bs: Wow, he's 40 rhwp less than my L and a 1000lbs lighter. Wanna race for some cash?:beer:

So since the 3.8 is the motor that Ford should've put in all their peformance cars seeing the potential displayed recently, what is the point where they become unreliable? I know 5.0's are known to come apart around 500rhwp, and since the 3.8 is a shorter version of a 5.0, I'm guessing that number to be in the 350rhp range?

Last edited:

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
So a 3.8 v6 with a stock non intercooled Eaton @10 psi = an 03/04 cobra on stock boost. ;-) :bs: Wow, he's 40 rhwp less than my L and a 1000lbs lighter. Wanna race for some cash?:beer:

So since the 3.8 is the motor that Ford should've put in all their peformance cars seeing the potential displayed recently, what is the point where they become unreliable? I know 5.0's are known to come apart around 500rhwp, and since the 3.8 is a shorter version of a 5.0, I'm guessing that number to be in the 350rhp range?

The stock rods give way around 350.

Ortiz99

Established Member

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
I call BS on the 351 as well, but 300+ on a stock 3.8L motor, with a few bolt ons, isn't that far fetched. Mine was daily driven like that fo what, 2 years now?

I am by no means defending this guy, just clearing up some of the bullshit that's been spewing from some mouths in here...

Kernsx21x

Established Member
I don't live to far from this guy. More then willing to run him and get a video of it to see how truthful his numbers really are.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^do it up...and ALL BLACK 02 couldnt agree with u more..if hes making that much with just a bolt on blower than i too bought the wrong car...ahahah im sorry but no 351rwhp out of one of those 6s..ppl with vortechs on their 6s make like 280 tops just bolting it on with exhaust n shiot...idk i call bs. in before SD, kids a DODO!!!

chaoticdismay

dr. hobo
Established Member
Again, I made 330/310 with my m112 kit and bolt ons, it's not 351 but just sayin.

Again, I agree with saying 351 is bs especially if it's completely stock and only has the heaton. Another thing to consider, which I believe has already been stated, is 350rwhp is about the max a stock 3.8 can take; some have gone higher but unreliably.

Edit: my point being that sure, you could get a super/turbocharged v6 upto or passed 350 but you would be ob borrowed time whereas with a 4v, you could potentially go higher before needing to mess with internals.

Last edited:

da2k17

Established Member
read most of the thread. maybe i can give some insight as i also have a v6 with the eaton [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V8fxV5MgI"]YouTube - Supercharged V6 Mustang[/nomedia]

my cobra would eat the v6 alive, it really wouldnt be funny. now dont get me wrong the v6 is cool and all, it turns heads at shows and it is a huge difference over stock and will surprise a few people on the street but its far from being on the level of a cobra.

i will also say i have never been in a stock cobra like the OP said he would be racing so i dont know how "slow" it would be, i just cant see the v6 keeping up unless there is something wrong with the cobra or he cant drive.

as far as the OP's HP numbers, the highest ive seen was 320 through an auto at 10psi. could be a different dyno or one thats really inflated to give him those numbers. with more boost im sure he could reach it but i know pushing the eaton over 10 psi on the v6 creates way too much heat, it wont survive without an aftercooler and even then your probably above what the engine candle handle safely.

FWIW race him and have fun :beer:

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Sorry to bump a super old thread, but saw comments about this on another site.

There are a lot of BS posts from people who don't really know crap about the V6 in here. You guys need to get over your 32V set ups and realize there are other ways to get a fast car. In the end, there will always be someone faster than you regardless of the motor/power adder. But saying the V6 isn't able to make more than the crappy centri kits make is just showing how uneducated some people are.

Not saying the OP here makes what he claims, but there are several M112 V6 set ups that would give a bolt on Terminator a run for their money running around the US. I've kicked out over two dozen M112 set ups for people since coming up with it over 6 years ago, and I know Nathan (MySteed) and Super Six Motorsports are still making them for people.

ralvarez

Established Member
All of you guys saying there's absolutely no way he's making the power he's making really need to do some research. It's been done quite a few times right now and most of them make A LOT more torque then this guy. An m112 sixxer is a 12 car and I've seen it done personally.

+1
a lot of narrow minded people here, especially when it's against a Cobra.

people cant read, it's a bolt-on with 10 psi and they keep comparing it to a stock v6 with an eaton.

just because some people that have bad set ups and making less power doesnt mean they cant break the 300rwhp mark.

Sorry to bump a super old thread, but saw comments about this on another site.

There are a lot of BS posts from people who don't really know crap about the V6 in here. You guys need to get over your 32V set ups and realize there are other ways to get a fast car. In the end, there will always be someone faster than you regardless of the motor/power adder. But saying the V6 isn't able to make more than the crappy centri kits make is just showing how uneducated some people are.

Not saying the OP here makes what he claims, but there are several M112 V6 set ups that would give a bolt on Terminator a run for their money running around the US. I've kicked out over two dozen M112 set ups for people since coming up with it over 6 years ago, and I know Nathan (MySteed) and Super Six Motorsports are still making them for people.

+1
your car is still bad ass. remember seeing it on smokinperformance a few years back.

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Thanks.
My whimpy little V6 made 247/256 N/A, made 423/442 on the bottle and even more at 18 psi. But what do I know.

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Ok, I'll bite, you know of anyone with a v6 car like that in the central Texas Area?

My car was in Dallas for a few years awhile back. There are a couple of M112'd V6 cars in the area. Rico was one of them until about a week ago. Sad to see it go in favor of the 4V. His silver "Moch 1" is a favorite car of mine. :rolling: Another one of my customers is in LA, close to the TX boarder. DSG V6 Terminator look alike with GT4 wheels and the blower sticking out of the hood.

There are a few high powered V6 cars running around OKC and Tulsa.

Grabber07'

Established Member
My car was in Dallas for a few years awhile back. There are a couple of M112'd V6 cars in the area. Rico was one of them until about a week ago. Sad to see it go in favor of the 4V. His silver "Moch 1" is a favorite car of mine. :rolling: Another one of my customers is in LA, close to the TX boarder. DSG V6 Terminator look alike with GT4 wheels and the blower sticking out of the hood.

I live in Tulsa...what do these high powered v6s look like? I will be on the lookout.

TheMrMach

Established Member

OK :kaboom: I'll bet we have different definition of high hp car but right on:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread