New 2015 info says GT500's 5.8L to be dropped for Ecoboost Coyote V8

RTD

Established Member
That will be the Boss 302 replacement in the new lineup.

I wouldn't say it's certain, but yeah a hipo NA 5.0 branded as a GT350 to replace the Boss is a hell of a lot more likely than the Ecoboost Coyote GT500 in 2015.

kingnut

Established Member
attachment.php

i think this is it. it has the look. grill fogs for the GT. this would be a huge win.

Last edited:

Overboost.

Established Member
Yeah...that thing looks like a hacked up FR-S and Mustang bastard child. I'd be willing to bet there won't be a Ford oval on the hood (there hasn't been one in a while) and from every other rendering, the rear quarter windows have been moved up to be adjacent to the front door windows. That makes more sense.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Needs a nice subtle wing/spoiler on the back like all Mustangs do IMO.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I don't know whether to compare the current direction to
- 1974 (Ford Mustang II) or
- 1989 (Ford Probe)

I guess it would be more like 1974, because in 1989, we banded together and kept the Mustang from becoming castrated. This time, I'm not hearing of a letter campaign to stop it. I hope there's a John Colletti in Ford somewhere.

With that said, I'm going to resist panicking. If nothing else, the creation of the Z-28 gives me hope that Ford will ALSO resist the pressure to shrink Mustang engines in an effort to lure Prius buyers everywhere.

Lemers

Established Member
The picture in the auto mag that the OP posted had a heavily camo'ed G6 Mustang. But the size still looks similar to the current model.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I don't recall Ford making any sort of announcement about the 2015 Mustang at SEMA.

Even so, OP's article says 6 engines not 4.

Ford had marketing meetings with with select aftermarket manufacturers as well as Dodge. Dodge specifically is looking to install aftermarket parts at exorbitant prices and to do everything the can to lock their owners out of their PCM's as well as aftermarket companies like Diable and Hypertech. According to them they could save a fair amount on warranty work.

I'm regurgitating what was told to me. I'm ignoring the article. I'm not saying any of this is coming true. But it did happen. Whether you believe me or not is up to you.

MoonRider

Established Member
I read an article some were that when ford built the coyote they had eco boost in mind for later down the road so I'm pretty sure the next gen will have a eco boost

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I read an article some were that when ford built the coyote they had eco boost in mind for later down the road so I'm pretty sure the next gen will have a eco boost
i believe the article that you're referring to is the 5.0l mag 'behind the scenes' article on the coyote, and i know the quote that you're referring to. that's not exactly what they said, they used VERY choice words in that quote. i can't remember it exactly(and don't feel like looking it up), but it was along the lines of either "built for boost" or "built for supercharging or turbocharging", but they absolutely did NOT specify which.

Lemers

Established Member
Ford has said no more Boss after 2013.

Did ford say they weren't going to make the Boss again or did they just take it off the ordering guide for 2014?

If they did state they weren't going to make it again was that "ever" or just the current body style?

I'm sure ford reserves the right to use Boss anytime they want.

Last edited:

nicksender

Established Member

I agree with that statement. I can't see how that back half of the car would even be close to production. It looks way out of proportion to the front. I don't even see how they would get the back seats in there?

If you put your hand over the back half of the car and look at the front it looks pretty good and flows well. If you reverse that and look at the back it looks terrible and chopped off; sort of reminds me of a 90's celica

I guess we might not see anything concrete until the LA auto show in November; though I hope I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread