Not everything is what it seems! swimming Bugatti owner lived in a $150,000 house!

Common

Established Member
The Lufkin man who accidentally drove his million-dollar car into a lagoon on Wednesday spoke out about the wreck on an online message board Friday.

Andy House, 34, was driving his 2006 Bugatti Veyron EB along an Interstate 45 feeder in La Marque around 3 p.m. Wednesday when he swerved and lost control of the car, distracted by a low-flying pelican, according to a police report. House told a Galveston County Daily reporter at the scene that after jerking the wheel he dropped his cell phone, contributing to his distraction.

Photo courtesy of Andy House
(ENLARGE)
Andy House, 34, of Lufkin, the driver of the Bugatti that crashed into a lagoon on Wednesday, poses at the Barrett Jackson Auction in Las Vegas.

The crash was captured on video by a man traveling north on I-45. No pelican was visible in the video, which shows the car veering from the road and splashing into the lagoon.

House was in Galveston County to look at real estate when the accident occurred, according to La Marque police.

He has not commented on the accident but on Friday afternoon confirmed that he had left the following comments on The Lufkin Daily News' commenting section, after several people posted derogatory comments about the situation.

"Thanks to everyone who has been more worried about my well-being than the car's condition," House wrote. "I have taken my exotic cars to school events, rallies, and allow anyone to take pictures of my cars and even ride in them. I have allowed many people into my home to see my cars that I don't even know. ... Say what you want about me, but there is a man in heaven right now looking over me and that's all that matters!"

The wrecker driver who towed House's car gave a report saying House told him during a phone conversation that he had gotten several phone calls since the accident happened, including one from California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

House sent an e-mail Friday to the Lufkin Daily News, saying he thought the whole thing had gotten out of hand and that he did not receive a call from Schwarzenegger.

The Bugatti Veyron, which tops out at 253 mph, is believed to be one of only 15 in the United States.

He purchased the French-made sports car, carrying a $1.25 million price tag, from a Jonesboro, Ark., dealer last month, according to previous reports.

Last week House brought the car by Air Cooled Engines in Lufkin to show store employees — a usual occurrence whenever he got something new, according to 20-year employee Alan Arrowood. Arrowood said he's sad to hear the negative things that have been said about House, calling him a "nice guy."

"He brought that Bugatti by here last week and we all got to sit in it and look at it — a once-in-a-lifetime deal," Arrowood said. "He's a really nice guy. Last year he brought by a Ford GT to show us. That was a nice car."

The car was insured through Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance, according to the La Marque Police report. An insurance sales agent with the Grundy Agency, the company that underwrites for Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance, said that it would cost around $8,000 yearly to insure a 2006 Bugatti Veyron. "There's no coverage limit but typically the vehicle would be insured for the value," Grundy Agency sales agent Lauren Gindele said. "Also, policies are paid yearly and not monthly."

The National Automobile Dealers Association set average retail value for a 2006 Bugatti Veyron at $900,000.

Another sports car could be seen under a cover Friday in the garage of House's home in the Bald Hill community. The home appraised for $147,000 this year, according to Angelina County Appraisal District records.

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
you can get a very nice house/big property in Texas for $150k... 150-200k here = 350-450k other places imo..

95PGTTech

Established Member
Same priorities as mine. Who the **** cares what you live in so long as it's comfortable for you and has sufficient security and storage for what you enjoy. In his case and mine, that's cars.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
you can get a very nice house/big property in Texas for $150k... 150-200k here = 350-450k other places imo..

Yes it does. I sold a shitty 3/2 1600 sqft townhouse in Bremerton, WA for $255,000 and bought a 4/2 1900 sqft custom home with tile and custom cabinents in College Station, TX for $178,000.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
So he has a cheap crib. That doesnt mean anything. Do you think if he was broke, he would be able to buy a 1.5 million dollar car let alone be approved for a loan for one. The guy is a millionaire

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
If he'd rather have a $900k car and a $150k house instead of the other way around, who cares?

So he has a cheap crib. That doesnt mean anything. Do you think if he was broke, he would be able to buy a 1.5 million dollar car let alone be approved for a loan for one. The guy is a millionaire

Ditto to both of these.

Common

Established Member

I agree to a point, but he is so far upside down on this equation, its little unusual, that is all. Next thing we find out might be that he is debt up to his eyeballs and that his Bugatti stunt was a insurance fraud!

I know in Texas 150k will buy you something decent but not something you would expect to have a Bugatti and an Enzo in its garage, like this guy does!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You don't have to actually own it and have it paid for to enjoy it...

Prob. has the house paid for to get loans/finance whatever toy he wants for a few months and sells 'em instead of keeping/collecting/fully paying for/truly "owning" the cars.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I know in Texas 150k will buy you something decent but not something you would expect to have a Bugatti and an Enzo in its garage, like this guy does!

It's not his garage, it's his business. Guy buys and sells exotics. Pretty sure it's the same guy who bought my friend's Enzo after it was repaired.

Common

Established Member
It's not his garage, it's his business. Guy buys and sells exotics. Pretty sure it's the same guy who bought my friend's Enzo after it was repaired.

Another sports car could be seen under a cover Friday in the garage of House's home in the Bald Hill community

Press went lurking by his home, not his business.

Users who are viewing this thread