Sold a Set of heads, now the guy wants his money back...

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL he isn't going to do shit.. Again its the Bay Area.. I've had people straight call me out thinking I'm in Daphne AL (where I'm stationed) threatening to beat my ass. Little did they know I was in San Jose on Leave and said great see ya in 30mins.... Oh and btw I'm 6'4'' and a solid 260.. His response dramatically changed..

Again he's not going to beat your ass. If you even think for a second that he has found your info and is headed over call the cops.. Problem solved..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lawl he had his chance for a refund when the shop told him they were bad, not after he had them fix them.

And.....THIS^^^^^^

OP should have been contacted as soon as the shop claimed they were bad, and at that time discussed a refund. To fix the heads and then ask for a refund? No, doesn't work that way. Buyer indeed had his chance and failed.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I just saw this on CA fords as well. I posted in the ford sale section one. Dude is an idiot. I would give him a full refund when your original heads have been returned. Nothing else. And be sure to take screen shots of all his posts, just in case he edits them later.

Last

Established Member
I would say "Sorry man, I really feel for you on this, if I would have known these were bad heads in the first place, I would never had bought them from the other guy. I had no intention of giving you a set of bad heads." Sugar works better than spice. Make him feel like you are on his side. If he starts to get all threatening with you, just let him know that this is a civil matter and getting the police involved will do nothing.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The buyer is out of gas,I could see if he spent $1000 and they had documented proof of damage which I'm calling BS!! BUT $300 for 01 Heads and where they assembled with cams OP? This guy is a Clown.. I got screwed on an 04 set from Ebay, got my $950 refunded but didn't recoup the $120 it costs to ship them back... Let's all raid our couch cushins and take up a collection for the mentally deranged buyer!

Last edited:

1996slowbra

Established Member
Yep assembled with cams, I already tried to nice guy route he just sent me a bunch of pissed off texts and called me a pussy about 20 times.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Tell him he got a set of nice 01 cams for his shitbox (anything wrong with those? $100 minimum)and the heads YOU sold him are also currently on top of his slug.... Which in my opinion NEVER had damaged guides,seals, or whatever the **** else he claimed!!
Is he a member on SVTP?

Machdup1

Established Member
tell him to suck wang.

But say it with all due respect. Then start replying to him with completely irrational responses. Example:

Buyer: "i demand my money back."

OP: "I think red should taste green."

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
As means As is. You warned him. That's like taking a car back to the dealer after a month and saying sorry you sold me junk now pay me my money back and you can have the car back.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
So a little bit of back-story. The valve seals on my cobra are going bad. Instead of paying 1500 dollars to have them replaced, I decided that I would just go ahead and do a C head swap at the same time.

So about 2 weeks later I pick up a set of heads from a guy in my area. He tells me that they have 30k miles on them and they were pulled off of an 01 cobra. I had no reason to disbelieve him so i picked up the heads and intake for $600. About a week later I ended up finding a really good deal on a 97 supercharged roller, so needless to say I picked that up and swapped it in instead.

I put the C-heads up for sale and this individual ends up picking them up for 300 dollars. I told him when he bought them that I had never used them and just repeated what the other guy had told me.

Fast forward a month, he says that he took the heads to a shop and that they were "blown" (bad intake and exhaust seals) and that it cost him $1200 to rebuild them. He says that he wants me to pay him back for the $300 he bought the heads for, and that he would give me his stripped original C heads (which are bad) in return.

Part of me feels like he is just trying to get $300 out of me. If he had called me when the shop told him they were bad I might be a bit more inclined to believe him but now they are already on the car. He also said that his uncle is a cop and If i don't get it back he will get my personal information from my cell phone number and make me give him the money.

TLDR Guy bought heads month later after they are on car says they are bad, wants $300 from me.

I don't want to screw this guy over if they actually were bad, but when he threatened to show up at my house it really pissed me off. Not to mention he doesn't call me until after he already has them on the car.

The guy is blowing hot air and his uncle has no authority to do anything without an arrest warrant. You didn't do anything criminally wrong and this case is a civil matter. Tell him to take take his uncle argument and shove it. Who care if he has you personal information, you can get his too.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Why does it costs so much to put seals in your heads?? I just dropped off my 241s and they are getting disassembled, cleaned, new valve seals and reassembled for 150.00 total!!!

Also as stated above... when you buy things used it's on the buyer. Unless you intentionally mislead him into believing there was nothing wrong with them I don't think he has any valid reason to demand money back.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Sorry.

I quit reading as soon as I heard $300.00

This idiot is threatening you over that tiny a sum?

You need to start selling to a wealthier class of moron.

That's a couple of good cigars or half a bottle of wine.:nonono:

1996slowbra

Established Member
Yea he wont give up either, Im thinking that is the last time I am selling anything on CA fords.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread