Sold a Set of heads, now the guy wants his money back...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Cause that's legal.... you can't just run anyone in ncic for grins and giggles ... must have a legal purpose nor would they be able to narrow down your name unless your last name is sole unique. This is part of the reason why I don't like dealing with selling things,

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

this. plus there is a record of looking up info there. officers have been caught doing this for personal reasons and gotten busted/fired. his uncle, if he even has one who is an LEO, will probably tell him he's not going through all that for $300 lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haha no I think he lives in Fremont which is on the other side of the peninsula. I contacted a Moderator and had them close the thread. They are looking into whether a Perma-Ban is in order at this point.

I stopped posting about 1pm because I had to run to a clients site but he literally got ravaged on it after that. I mean I knew people on that site were brutal, but holy shit.

And surprisingly after 5 years of being a member that was the only sale I have ever had go bad.

But from Now on I think I will be sticking to Here, Stangnet, Modular Fords, CL and Ebay to sell parts lol.

Thanks for all the support guys. :rockon:

Well, a lesson learned is a lesson learned. But stuff like this happens on eBay, CL, and other forums. Nothing much you can do about it except to hope it won't happen again, and try to deal only with people who have a favorable selling/buying rating. I've seen quite a few scams like this over the years right here on SVTP. Sometimes it just can't be avoided. Fortunately, the guilty parties are usually "punished" brutally for their deeds and they becomes distant memories soon enough. You surely have a ton of support! :thumbsup:

1996slowbra

Established Member
So I think he gave up, mods gave him a temp ban while they decide what to do. I saved the 5 voice mails and 10+messages he sent me just in case he wants to try and start something anytime soon. But I am on vacation in New York until next week so I doubt anything will come up. I moved my cobra inside the Garage in the off chance he does find out where I live.

Thanks for the advice guys! I was actually pretty close to refunding him and taking back his used heads before I posted this thread. Im just too nice sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread