Portable Car Show Display Stand

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
This thread has been approved by: Sid297 w/ a side of L.L.

I've been working on a Portable Car Show Display Stand for the past few months to go with some of the posters I've designed for people. Well I finally got my prototypes finished, and I wanted to take the opportunity to show it to everyone. If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

Here it is all put together with a brief description. It's made from 5051 series aluminum which is machined for the perfect fit, then TIG welded together. Next the stand is drilled and fitted for it's stainless steel locking hardware before it's sent off to powder coat. As you can see there are 3 main pieces, Top, Middle, and base plate. The idea was to have a stand that was large enough to display a poster that people could actually read, but then could also be made small enough to fit in the trunk of the car.

13789222.jpg

Flaws with other stands I've seen encouraged me to make this display. Did you know that some of the others actually lean against the side of your car for support? Others are so short and close to the ground that nobody can, or wants to read them. I think my stand has a classy, industrial look to it that should address these issues and really make you stand out in a crowd.

This stand is very sturdy. There will be no wind, child, or adult knocking it into the side of your car. It's rock solid foundation begins by laying the baseplate down and driving the front tire of your car on it. Then the three pieces connect together by telescoping onto one another. A couple turns of the thumb screws on the back, and everything is tightly locked together.

The center piece is a powder coated sheet of aluminum, riveted to the two legs. On this colored sheet I will offer either the regular 2 stripes or the other 3 stripe style. I can also work with you to come up with a custom logo to place here, email me for details.

The top has a floating piece of acrylic sheet lifted off of the metal with 3/16 spacers. All of this is held together by Stainless steel button head screws and nylon locking nuts. There is also a hole in the metal plate to assist with installation/removal of the artwork.

This stand holds a 18x24'' poster horizontally. Opening and closing the hood of your car is not a problem either. The overall height is 42'' assembled, and it weighs in at apx 20lbs. It literally comes apart in seconds to easily fit in the trunk. This display also stands freely without the weight of the car on it, allowing you to keep it in your basement or garage while not using it at shows. (at shows I highly recommend parking on the base for peace of mind)

As far as powder coating goes the standard color is black/silver wrinkle finish on the main portion of the stand, and black on the vertical center sheet.Different colors are available, but prices on this will be quoted on a per stand basis.

Some color options I put together in photoshop

Remember, show season is right around the corner! If you're interested, post here, shoot me a PM, or email me at [email protected] I can also help you with your custom car show poster too.

Thanks everyone for your time!

BlkGT500nCA

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I photoshopped the poster on a few of these images, just in case you thought they looked weird.

Last edited:

Six_Offender

Established Member
Wow that looks like a really nice piece of work... very creative and a must have for those show and shines. I wouldn't mind one but have other mods first.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Wow that looks like a really nice piece of work... very creative and a must have for those show and shines. I wouldn't mind one but have other mods first.

Thanks a lot.:beer: Other mods first..... You talk like they ever end. lol J/k Let me know when you're ready.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That looks great! Can you put something on the corners (rubber or those things they sell to baby-proof the edges of tables) in the event some lard arse manages to knock it into the car? Or round off the edges? The idea of a sharp corner hitting the paint :(

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
That looks great! Can you put something on the corners (rubber or those things they sell to baby-proof the edges of tables) in the event some lard arse manages to knock it into the car? Or round off the edges? The idea of a sharp corner hitting the paint :(

Thank you. The top aluminum plate does have rounded corners, and the acrylic could be rounded w/ a quick hit of a sander. The stand is pretty solid though. If I (6'4'' & 240lbs) put my elbows on the top and really lean into it, it still won't hit the car. It would take deliberate and intentional force to actually hit anything.

When someone leans on the stand, the base wants to bend, but it can't. It's a solid plate, then even has (2) 1/2 inch solid bars TIG welded for additional strength.

Edit: one of my "Please Do Not Touch" window clings strategically placed on your window behind the stand should help too

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Just wanted to give this thread a bump to show a couple pictures of my window clings. I'm really happy with the way they turned out and think they should work great at shows. Just make sure the outside of the window is clean and stick it on. When the show is over, simply peel the graphic off and put it back on the original backing material and it'll be ready for the next event. Again, these are printed on vinyl window cling material and have no adhesive. They leave no residue and are reusable.

dsc6168copy.jpg

dsc6150.jpg

dsc6148.jpg

dsc6145.jpg

These are 2 for $12

or

4 for $17

FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE LOWER 48

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Looks great!
Whats the turnaround time?

Thanks! I was trying to get a group buy of 10 stands together, but haven't had a lot of interest yet. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I could maybe get 3 made for the same costs. Once I place my order, it's probably 3-4 weeks. I do actually have one extra one made right now, ready to go. It's got a black center portion, but that part could be color matched painted for $20.

Thanks for the interest.

Van@RevanRacing

FWIW blkgt500nca has put his heart and soul into making this product. I have spoken with him on a few instances and we have shared dialogue about the product.

Frankly, if you enjoy going to car shows and putting something out on your car that will set your car apart from the "other guys" this is the product.

There are countless hours that have gone into the design and the final product you see in the pictures. Don't hesitate to consider picking one of these up as a showcase for your Shelby. It will be a difference maker at a show.

It will also let you finish your brew so you don't have to tell some dumbass that the car is actually supercharged!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Bump for blkgt500nca for innovation and thinking outside of the box.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
FWIW blkgt500nca has put his heart and soul into making this product. I have spoken with him on a few instances and we have shared dialogue about the product.

Frankly, if you enjoy going to car shows and putting something out on your car that will set your car apart from the "other guys" this is the product.

There are countless hours that have gone into the design and the final product you see in the pictures. Don't hesitate to consider picking one of these up as a showcase for your Shelby. It will be a difference maker at a show.

It will also let you finish your brew so you don't have to tell some dumbass that the car is actually supercharged!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Bump for blkgt500nca for innovation and thinking outside of the box.

:banana::rockon::beer: Thanks buddy!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm in the process of making 10 more of these stands. They should all be assembled, and welded by next Friday March 26th, and ready to ship!

-Brian

[email protected]

Custom display posters can be made for as little as $50 with the purchase of a stand!

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
dsc8763k.jpg

dsc8762.jpg

dsc8760s.jpg

dsc8759.jpg

Stands! Get your stands!

Give me a few days and I'll show you what a polished one looks like! It should be a beauty! I've also got one at the powder coaters getting finished in '07 Allow Metallic with Satin silver stripes. I'll post pics when I get it back next week.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for lookin!

Brian

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
dsc8763k.jpg

I've also got one at the powder coaters getting finished in '07 Allow Metallic with Satin silver stripes. I'll post pics when I get it back next week.

Brian

Hey! thats mine..:-D..lol Hey guys justs FYI, Brain is real good at communication and he put together a great looking poster for me too, He has done a lot of leg work to get this put together, thanks. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. Bump for you Brian.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Hey! thats mine..:-D..lol

Here it is buddy. :banana:
I'm just waiting on the acrylic. It'll ship out by the end of the week. :beer:
(Do you mind if I post your poster that I made for you Hissssss?)

Powder coated in an alloy finish with light grey stripes. I think it turned out great!

( Please note that the acrylic hasn't been mounted on the top plate yet.)

13944739.jpg

85340748.jpg

63608620.jpg

52506541.jpg

82159482.jpg

These guys are going to be hurting feelings at their local car shows. lol

Some time this next week I'm getting a Vista blue stand back from powder coating for a beautiful KR with silver stripes. I'll be sure to post some pics.

I also have a powder color sample chart I can mail to customers so they can pick which color best matches their vehicle. There are lots of colors to choose from.

Don't forget to get your Please Do Not Touch window clings as well. These are apx 3x10'' and printed on a tough, reusable vinyl. Place these on your windows during shows to remind people to be respectful.

bm100250362proof5508.png

Here is another poster I've been working on for a one of a kind Shelby. This car is a beast! Check it out.

He's got a black and silver vain Car Show DIsplay Stand with red accents too. Sorry, I didn't get pics before I shipped it out.

Thanks for looking!

-Brian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread